Arch Manning is a Longhorn

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I think that's a mistake, at least from a football perspective. Probably won't matter though, as he'll still get drafted highly and go pro, unless he just absolutely sucks.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Excellent place for him to go for a year to become a millionaire before he’s 18. Of course he can stay if he likes it. If he doesn’t, he’ll just go where he really wants and come close to doubling his money.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
AJ Milwee is the QB coach, spent a year at EMCC and was the Quality Control coach at Alabama, so I can clearly see what the Mannings saw in him.

But looking at UT's coaching staff: Sark, Patterson, Flood, Choate... that's 4 coaches on staff with Head Coach experience. Patterson even has a statue of him at TCU.

Maybe Sark will add to the list of Saban former assistants that beats him and the "Bama system"...

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Thank God,

He has been getting more internet time than the Kardashians, and the Sussex Two.

Maybe I can stop reading his name.

Feb 15, 2007
When your friend's grandson spurns your former employer and the massage parlor sends a text alert about a nuru lunch special.

[TWEET]1540008633299263489[/TWEET]

patdog

May 28, 2007
Seems like an odd choice. TX is a mess and Sark’s record is extremely mediocre. But they’ve got plenty of money for NIL.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Seems like an odd choice. TX is a mess and Sark’s record is extremely mediocre. But they’ve got plenty of money for NIL.

I suspect the NIL money is a big factor for the Cooper Manning clan. Got two brothers worth over $100M. Even if Archie is going to leave a lot, probably want Arch to be financially secure in his own right when he leaves college if that's an option, especially after Cooper's experience with his health shutting down his career.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Being a big fish in Texas trumps being a big fish in just about every other state. Additionally Texas is considered an elite public university with near unlimited resources, there is no telling what his NIL deal will be. If winning natties was his top criteria, Bama would have been the best choice, but I doubted Saban promised him any type of starter status or playing time.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I suspect the NIL money is a big factor for the Cooper Manning clan. Got two brothers worth over $100M. Even if Archie is going to leave a lot, probably want Arch to be financially secure in his own right when he leaves college if that's an option, especially after Cooper's experience with his health shutting down his career.
Hard to believe he wouldn't get big NIL money anywhere he went.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Who doesn’t see this coming? The ultimate flipmas. He’ll end up at Ole Miss before it’s all said and done.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
You are the goat; king of circular logic, crawfishing, useless message board post drivel

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The Eyes of Texas are upon him.

It's a perfect fit! The overall greatness and self-inflated ego of the Texas clan to be the new home of the latest Manning superstar along with the perpetuation of continuous television coverage and live shots of the Manning clan in the attendance of his games

I can't wait!

/sarcasm

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Hard to believe he wouldn't get big NIL money anywhere he went.

Sure. But Texas has the money to literally double or triple the next best offer from any school not named Texas A&M….and they can do it without sacrificing the rest of their recruiting class.

Its really hard to see him picking Texas for any other reason. They have a coach who is already on the hot seat big time….who will probably be fired for winning any less than 8 games over either of the next 2 seasons after they went 5-7 last year. It’s not super close to home and no family ties to the school, no recent high level success, and an elite 5* freshmen is already on the roster and at/near the top of the depth chart. Other than the business side of it, what else is there? But hey, it’s a 17 year old kid. They see the world differently in a lot of ways.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think Sark cooled his hot seat a lot yesterday, at least for another year. They won't fire him this fall even if he goes 4-8 now.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I think Sark cooled his hot seat a lot yesterday, at least for another year. They won't fire him this fall even if he goes 4-8 now.

I doubt that’s accurate. They already have Ewers who is every bit as highly regarded as Arch is. His *** is grass at 4-8 after 5-7. No two ways about it. Actually, he’ll be fired midseason at 4-5 / 4-6 before it even gets that bad.

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
I don't see Kiffen staying at Ole Miss beyond another 2 years, 3 at the absolute most. His ego will move him someplace where there is more latitude to gather the most NIL money to buy players. His name will be mentioned in every high profile coaching vacancy from here on out, and I'll bet good money he'll bite on one of them and leave the Rebs hanging, not in a dissimilar fashion to how he left Tennessee.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Dynasties begin and then they end. As do more ordinary runs of success and failure. Texas is a blue blood program with periods of great success (60s, 80s and 2000s)and periods of failure (90s, 2010s). Texas may be due a run of success. Alabama could be nearing the end of its dominance if Saban quits in, say, three years. Alabama was very average for years pre-Saban, and it will come back to earth. The Manning family and Arch are betting Texas will return to prominence. May not be a bad bet, particularly with NIL changes that Saban is upset about for good reason. And, as some here observe, Arch has an out if it doesn’t work. I also think his respect for Sarkesian’s resume in work with quarterbacks factored significantly as does going to college in Austin (as opposed to Tuscaloosa or Athens— both great towns but not up and coming major cities). Will be interesting to watch it play out.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login