Are things different today

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
If Ogunbawale’s shot doesn’t go in at the national championship game? Would Vic still be at MSU?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Vic would still be gone, the only thing that might would make things a little different would be who Cohen hired after Vic left. But WBB will never be anywhere near what it was under Vic no matter who they hire.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Surely we at least make a better hire. I mean, she didn't even have postseason experience as a head coach other than one round of NIT. Maybe if we were already in a rebuild mode you take a chance on her as coach, but not to replace Vic and lead what had become a consistent top 10 program.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
What a dubmass question!
Vic was never here long term, first chance he got to go back to Mother Texas and he was gone and I don’t mean UT.
Can’t blame him really BUT had he stayed, he would have probably gotten us a Natty in Womens Basketball eventually but the hire to replace him was God Awful - like Rick Ray Aweful!! Actually worse !!

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Long Term

What a dubmass question!
Vic was never here long term, first chance he got to go back to Mother Texas and he was gone and I don’t mean UT.
Can’t blame him really BUT had he stayed, he would have probably gotten us a Natty in Womens Basketball eventually but the hire to replace him was God Awful - like Rick Ray Aweful!! Actually worse !!

To say he wasn’t going to be here long term is incorrect. He was here long term for the success State experienced. He was at a non blue blood wbb program, he elevated to an elite short term memory for State. Why is it so difficult for our fans to blame non blue blood coaches from leaving for historical programs with elite facilities and higher pay? There are countless P5 programs that experience the exact dilemma each year. Wouldn’t the hiring of Chris Lemonis from Indiana be considered similar? It’s all about optics.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Vic would still be here if not for the things he allowed. Then he got mad when called on the carpet for it. Texas offered and he took off.

13thEagle

Feb 1, 2016
Surely we at least make a better hire. I mean, she didn't even have postseason experience as a head coach other than one round of NIT. Maybe if we were already in a rebuild mode you take a chance on her as coach, but not to replace Vic and lead what had become a consistent top 10 program.

I dont know that you necessarily made a bad hire. That first year was gonna be rough with the players you lost to graduation and vic leaving.
She did a great job turning chicken **** into chicken salad at odu. Remember you hired her the corvid year with no ncaa. There was a chance threat odu would lose to rice in the conf tourney, they had split games in the reg season. ODU would have gotten an at large bid that year. Cusa has not had a at large in about 10 years.
I was expecting you to hire Rices coach that year. She is at washington now, and took her 6 9 center with her.
If im your ad i promote the interm and keep going.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
People have been saying this clandestine **** since Vic left but nobody ever says what it is. Come out with it. If you know the truth then tell us. But I’m betting you don’t know anything and just post this vague **** just to make it look like you’re “in the know.”

Reunion Dog

Aug 26, 2012
Vic spent $3m on his place pad the MSU golf course on old hwy 82. He still owns it.

He is gonna come back to State as AD. He never wanted to leave and he was NEVER GOING BACK TO A&M… Trust me on this. They lied to him years ago …

Can’t WAIT till he replaces that dumb *** liberal loser Cohen … what a 17ing IDIOT!

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Vic spent $3m on his place pad the MSU golf course on old hwy 82. He still owns it.

He is gonna come back to State as AD. He never wanted to leave and he was NEVER GOING BACK TO A&M… Trust me on this. They lied to him years ago …

Can’t WAIT till he replaces that dumb *** liberal loser Cohen … what a 17ing IDIOT!
Yeah OKAY buddy

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Give us the full story. What was the beef between him and Cohen? The Cohen haters love to trumpet this line but nobody has ever said anything more than vague innuendo. Let’s hear the truth.

Nunya.sixpack

Jun 10, 2019
Things would have been different if the foul was called on the mugging that got ND the ball for the last shot

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
People have been saying this clandestine **** since Vic left but nobody ever says what it is. Come out with it. If you know the truth then tell us. But I’m betting you don’t know anything and just post this vague **** just to make it look like you’re “in the know.”

I have no idea if it’s true but I know what he’s referring to. A relationship between a coach and player that Vic knew about and did nothing to stop. Rumor is Cohen called a meeting with Vic when he found out and chewed his ***. Vic didn’t like it and bolted.

HamSammich

Nov 9, 2016
It’s been said so many times it’s like you people can’t read. Blair and Chloe had a relationship when Blair coached on the team.

Cohen addressed it with Vic and Vic got pissed about it.

The fact that some of guys blame Cohen for this is absolutely idiotic.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

He probably still owns it because 3M homes in starkville ms are pretty hard to move.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I’d really love to hear how Jesus is a liberal. It’s one of the dumbest things ever put on the internet. But please educate us all on His politics leaning left.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
I would say it mostly has to be do with the Bible's teachings about helping the poor, welcoming foreigners, healing the sick, respecting elders, not lying, not stealing, etc. If you can explain how that aligns with the current GOP/Trump, I am all ears.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I can verify the first line of this being very true. He still owns his place out there and tells people he wants to move back someday.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
None of what you posted is exclusive to liberals. I’m perplexed how you think it is though. I guess I’m actually a liberal now. Who knew?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
None of what you posted is exclusive to liberals. I’m perplexed how you think it is though. I guess I’m actually a liberal now. Who knew?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It was their first SEC win of the year. Probably the biggest upset in women’s basketball this season. But it’s just one win. Let’s see how successful they are in the long term.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Coaches and players should absolutely NEVER be in a relationship, whether it’s male-female or female-female. Cohen was right to address that and try to stop it. I don’t see how he can catch ANY blame for that if that’s the reason Vic left.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
I never said it was exclusive... I said tell me where it aligns to the GOP/Trump. You know... if one side definitely doesn't align with these things, the other side has to align more way of thinking...

Edit to correct a missed word

Last edited:

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
MSU Women's Basketball is back to being MSU Women's Basketball to me.

It sucks, but it's true. I couldn't even tell you one player on the current roster and a few years ago I knew every starter.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
All the GOPers I know love giving to charities and helping the poor. Actual charities that help people and not the arts/humanities crap.
Those same people are all about welcoming immigrants albeit the legal way. You know, how the lawmakers said to do it. It’s also much safer and feasible for our country when we actually know who’s coming into our country.
They also love helping the sick. We’re not fans of the “Medicare for all” concept though since it’s another feasible.
As for the rest of your comments, I’m not even remotely sure what you’re trying to convey. “Not lying, not stealing, respecting elders”? If you think liberals have done a better job of cornering that market, I’m guessing we really don’t need to have a conversation since it’s obvious that you’re too biased to see you’re misguided.

Added:
BUT you did say that those reasons are why Jesus is a liberal. If you didn’t feel they weren’t thus exclusive to liberals, you wouldn’t have said that is why He’s liberal. You do understand that part, right?

Last edited:

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
Lot of words for qualifying why you don't just follow the words of Jesus.

I do remember the verses: "Help the sick where feasible", "Help the immigrants that did it right", "only have conversations with people who aren't too biased and don't call out your rationale for not doing my work"

Edit to answer your edited response: You literally just explained in detail why my answer was right. I explained why liberals do the things that the GOP only do with the proper rationale or excuses.

Last edited:

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Got it. You can’t actually defend the ignorant comment. Thanks.
I’ll stick to getting my theology from the Bible and people who actually know what they’re talking about.

Chuck Yeager

Apr 6, 2020
All the GOPers I know love giving to charities and helping the poor. Actual charities that help people and not the arts/humanities crap.
Those same people are all about welcoming immigrants albeit the legal way. You know, how the lawmakers said to do it. It’s also much safer and feasible for our country when we actually know who’s coming into our country.
They also love helping the sick. We’re not fans of the “Medicare for all” concept though since it’s another feasible.
As for the rest of your comments, I’m not even remotely sure what you’re trying to convey. “Not lying, not stealing, respecting elders”? If you think liberals have done a better job of cornering that market, I’m guessing we really don’t need to have a conversation since it’s obvious that you’re too biased to see you’re misguided.

Good post. I don't think Jesus said anything about forcing others at gunpoint to give large chunks of their income to huge bureaucracies to "help" the poor and keep them enslaved to the govt. I'm also pretty darn sure Jesus would not be pounding on the table to promote creating laws supporting all this LBGT crap either. Pretty sure he was anti-govt too. But ... he was a liberal SMFH.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
I just don't have to make any qualifying statements to make my version of christianity mesh with the bible... it's really that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login