Are we back to the early 2000s?

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Football - Bad, really bad

Basketball - Good, solid program, high-ish ceiling but can't (at least not yet) break through in the NCAA Tourney

Baseball - Meh, regional caliber but subpar with not a lot of excitement

Feels like the Twilight Zone

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Football - Bad, really bad

Basketball - Good, solid program, high-ish ceiling but can't (at least not yet) break through in the NCAA Tourney

Baseball - Meh, regional caliber but subpar with not a lot of excitement

Feels like the Twilight Zone
Im here to tell you, in parts of the the very early 2000s we were a helluva lot better than "good, solid" in basketball. It didn't come through in the ncaat obviously.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Im here to tell you, in parts of the the very early 2000s we were a helluva lot better than "good, solid" in basketball. It didn't come through in the ncaat obviously.
Stansbury was probably the best ROI hire in my lifetime. I wasn’t around for Babe McCarthy or Allyn McKeen.

Reactions: patdog and dorndawg

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Stansbury was probably the best ROI hire in my lifetime. I wasn’t around for Babe McCarthy or Allyn McKeen.
I'd say Richard Williams fits that bill better but you may be a lot younger than me.

I always thought Stans did a good job. he only fell off when he quit preaching defense over offense and seemed to change his recruiting approach.

My opinion, obviously.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
No.

We have a Sweet 16 Bball team. We'll host in baseball (and we're only two years from a natty). Football is only down because our legendary coach died on active duty, which was unprecedented (promoting Arnep was the worst thing possible, but again the situation was unprecedented - I thought it was a good move at time, in hindsight it was a terrible move). We'll be back to a bowl NLT than 2026, but possibility in 2025.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login