Are we the best terrible team in the SEC?

1993DawgAlum

Dec 30, 2018
I mean….I called that 0-4 run and it’s about to be 0-5. But we give teams all they can handle until about 5 mins left and then we go ice cold. So let’s just call us what we are: the SECs practice squad.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
It's weird, but I always hold out hope for an SEC Tournament win to get us in the dance. I still feel that way even with my negativity

1993DawgAlum

Dec 30, 2018
Under no circumstance are we a tournament team. Let’s not fool ourselves. But we stay within single digits, and often fight back to take the lead and then wilt in the last 5-6 minutes. If you listened to Coach Williams and Neil on the call, it’s like they are calling the same game over and over. It’s a really sad finish to the season. I hate it for the guys on the team.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We can hang with any SEC team for 90% of the game. Its been proven game after game. That 10% though?...oof.

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
It’s coaching. When the same exact thing happens game after game, season after season it’s coaching.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
Under no circumstance are we a tournament team. Let’s not fool ourselves. But we stay within single digits, and often fight back to take the lead and then wilt in the last 5-6 minutes. If you listened to Coach Williams and Neil on the call, it’s like they are calling the same game over and over. It’s a really sad finish to the season. I hate it for the guys on the team.

I don't hate it for the guys on the team. They are the ones producing these results. Hate it for the fans.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
We can take an 8-10 point lead on any team in the country. And then not score for 5+ minutes

Ben Howland's MSU teams all have this in common. Ice cold, like we do not know the basic fundamentals of basketball for 5-7 minutes every game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login