Article Kirby Smart addresses sideline shove of Mississippi State QB Michael Van Buren - Andrew Graham

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ohio State fired one of the most successful coaches in history over something like that. This will become a distraction for them. Texas coaches might push the narrative. I think Smart playing stupid is bull ****. He knows what he did. He probably has a bit of Napoleon disease.

Reactions: Bulldawg56

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I never said Kirby wasn't wrong. I just said I can understand why it happened.

The world looks really great after a night's sleep. I think this is the strangest college football season I've ever seen.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
That wasn't a big deal only because our guy didn't react. That could easily have sparked a full on brawl. Kirby needs a game off to think about that.
I did see him shove him but MVB never reacted at all. Maybe we're making to much out of it.

Double Dawg

Mar 3, 2008
Ohio State fired one of the most successful coaches in history over something like that. This will become a distraction for them. Texas coaches might push the narrative. I think Smart playing stupid is bull ****. He knows what he did. He probably has a bit of Napoleon disease.
Hayes picked the Clemson kid up by the face mask & punched him. This wasn’t that.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Hayes picked the Clemson kid up by the face mask & punched him. This wasn’t that.
That ended woody's career. We aren't asking for that. I definitely am in the camp that he needs a game off. He apparently was going to shove anyone who was in his way at that moment and declare temporary amnesia. I cannot see any scenario being "oh well".

Reactions: GloryDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
That ended woody's career. We aren't asking for that. I definitely am in the camp that he needs a game off. He apparently was going to shove anyone who was in his way at that moment and declare temporary amnesia. I cannot see any scenario being "oh well".
It might be a loss of bathroom break Monday morning, but it will be address. The NCAA cannot have coaches being so out of control they are shoving people on the sideline. Celebrating is one thing, but this was something else totally.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I am not calling for his firing. You have to ask why he was shoving someone on the sideline.
If you watch many GA games he shoves people on the sideline all the time. That wasn’t even the first one of the game. If his players accept it then that’s on them.

He shoved an opposing player to get to the ref. There’s nothing acceptable about that. Accident or not a flag should’ve been thrown and he should’ve been warned.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
He put his hands on an opposing player, period. That alone should have some kind of response. I, along with others on here, am not calling for him to be fired. I am not saying he full on Woody Hayesd the guy either. I am just saying if we are trying to promote sportsmanship at all levels, like they say this is something that has to have some kind of punishment.

I also buy that he is lucky he pushed a freshman qb that really didn't have any response. If that is myriad of former state players, or current ones like Russell, then a full brawl sparks off.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
He put his hands on an opposing player, period. That alone should have some kind of response. I, along with others on here, am not calling for him to be fired. I am not saying he full on Woody Hayesd the guy either. I am just saying if we are trying to promote sportsmanship at all levels, like they say this is something that has to have some kind of punishment.

I also buy that he is lucky he pushed a freshman qb that really didn't have any response. If that is myriad of former state players, or current ones like Russell, then a full brawl sparks off.
Nickoe Whitley would have made sure he remembered shoving a State player.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login