Are Yall Treating This Year Like Dan's 1st Year?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Our talent is good enough to win 8 IF we have Mullen Esque coaching. But NOT good enough talent to win 5 with bad coaching. Maybe Sports God feels we've earned a Reach Around. We're due.
If any coach won 8 games with this team against our schedule, they should get national coach of the year.

Regardless of how much better the team looks, it might not translate to wins this year. We have a brutal schedule.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
If any coach won 8 games with this team against our schedule, they should get national coach of the year.

Regardless of how much better the team looks, it might not translate to wins this year. We have a brutal schedule.
I agree that it’s a rough schedule but I do think it’s largely because of the SEC road games. I still think there are a lot of winnable home games for us. I’m not totally ready to concede A&M or Mizzou even as both have given lots of reason to distrust their level of competence over the years.

We’re not going undefeated at home but could I see 5-2 and maybe you win the game at Arizona State to get to 6-6? I don’t think it’s too too crazy to fathom.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I have zero expectations. Not sure but probably felt the same with Mullen's first.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024

Yep. And people forget Mullen had the hardest schedule in the Country YR ONE. I challenge anyone to find a better 5 Win Team. That El Sux game still bothers me. Houston & Schit too. 17.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
This is a rebuild. Mullen just needed a QB really, & he would've been in a bowl game year one. We need a crap ton and lack a lot of depth. We can win 7 max if everything goes right, It won't.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Opposing teams have no film on us, guys.
Season 3 Episode 13 GIF by Paramount+

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is a rebuild. Mullen just needed a QB really, & he would've been in a bowl game year one. We need a crap ton and lack a lot of depth. We can win 7 max if everything goes right, It won't.
Correct on Mullen. Croominater actually left a solid team outside of QB and WR.
Arnett and others really screwed this program over.

Either way, we will know early if Lebby can get it done. I remember Freeze in 2012. That OM team was in the same spot, but he competed.

Reactions: 85Bears

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I have zero expectations positive or negative aside from my default expect the worst Emstate **** the bed attitude I'll always have.

How can I develop any expectations? Leach died. Arnette was in over his head and tried to do the square peg round hole thing. Now we have a green HC with a roster full of guys I know nothing about. What's going to happen? 17 if I know. But I'll tune in and watch.

Reactions: 85Bears
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login