Arizona Desert Swarm Message Board

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I took a look and don’t waste your time. Apparently they just don’t care. Very few post about anything. Couple of comments about the future of the PAC12 and a few other random things. No serious football discussions. No mention of this weeks game or opponent (us). No mole crickets, no Dales, no grilling, no hot ladies, no quarterback drama, no nothing. As Jed Clampet would say, pitttyyful, just pitttyyful.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Maybe they're all trapped at Burning Man**
I know a guy that went to school at State and now lives in Minnesota that went to Burning Man this year. No one has heard from him in awhile now. He probably had a hell of a time. Artsie dude but also a very experienced outdoorsman. Weird combination I know but I’m sure he handled the elements a lot better than most of those folks. He will resurface soon with lots of stories.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I found one last year that was super active, and I think it was the same one, but nothing going on this year. I took a look at TigerDroppings as well. Several convinced they’d lose a few more upcoming games, though losing to us didn’t cross anyone’s mind. Worried about Ole Miss, Bama, and Auburn

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Was told that they returned 80% of the ticket allotment we gave them. Not expecting much of a traveling AZ crowd in town this weekend.

Reactions: Mud84

was21

May 29, 2007
I took a look and don’t waste your time. Apparently they just don’t care. Very few post about anything. Couple of comments about the future of the PAC12 and a few other random things. No serious football discussions. No mention of this weeks game or opponent (us). No mole crickets, no Dales, no grilling, no hot ladies, no quarterback drama, no nothing. As Jed Clampet would say, pitttyyful, just pitttyyful.
I have a bro in law who graduated from Arizona. They're big on basketball, swimming and women's softball. Football not so much.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I have a bro in law who graduated from Arizona. They're big on basketball, swimming and women's softball. Football not so much.
You'd think they'd care about baseball. 4 national titles.

Here's a little known fact that I didn't know. I thought HI Corbett was their field - it's not. They lease that from the City of Tucson. They demo'ed their on-campus stadium after 2011.

was21

May 29, 2007

Here's a little known fact that I didn't know. I thought HI Corbett was their field - it's not. They lease that from the City of Tucson. They demo'ed their on-campus stadium after 2011.
You're correct....don't know how I forgot about baseball.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I've never been to Phoenix, but all the Airman I've meet who have been stationed at Luke AFB say the area is one of the best places to live in the country. The popularity of college football often equates to not much else going on.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I've never been to Phoenix, but all the Airman I've meet who have been stationed at Luke AFB say the area is one of the best places to live in the country. The popularity of college football often equates to not much else going on.
Same here. I've moved around but generally been in the South all my life. It's hard for me to imagine many things better than a fall football Saturday, whether at a tailgate or grilling at a house. But I keep hearing it.

I am curious what else is out there? Hunting, hiking, beach, golf? These are all things I do, but still make room for football.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Well, it has to be said. A lot of bases are, shall we say, off the beaten path. Air space and all.

Phoenix is cool to visit. I would not want to live there.

They'd definitely say the same about here. To each his/her own

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013

Or, unlike us, maybe they just have a life and don't pin all their hopes and dreams on a bunch of kids playing a sports game. I kid, I kid!

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Not even a magazine?

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Funny post, but it strikes me that the crossover between college football fan & Burning Man attendee is a small one.
Naw, in our case it would be more like left over hippies vs country boys. I have had a 40 year friendship with the guy that went to Burning Man. We have a connection through hunting and fishing but otherwise we are pretty much polar opposites.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I lived in Phoenix (Chandler) for two years. Arizona is in Tucson and it is very different. Tucson is at a higher elevation so it has a more moderate temperature than Phoenix. My nephew graduated from Arizona a few years ago and still lives there. During the winter he loves to go snowboarding. They go hiking during the summer.
I loved living in Phoenix. During the winter the weather is great. During the summer we went tubing on the Salt River. The water temperature was about 45 degrees while the air temperatures were in the 100s. We had inner tunes with beer coolers in them. Some folks had boom boxes on tubes too. It was great fun. Motocross was real big, hiking, lots of great restaurants and bars. ASU was in Phoenix and I went to some of their games. They called Arizona the Mildcats.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I lived in Phoenix (Chandler) for two years. Arizona is in Tucson and it is very different. Tucson is at a higher elevation so it has a more moderate temperature than Phoenix. My nephew graduated from Arizona a few years ago and still lives there. During the winter he loves to go snowboarding. They go hiking during the summer.
I loved living in Phoenix. During the winter the weather is great. During the summer we went tubing on the Salt River. The water temperature was about 45 degrees while the air temperatures were in the 100s. We had inner tunes with beer coolers in them. Some folks had boom boxes on tubes too. It was great fun. Motocross was real big, hiking, lots of great restaurants and bars. ASU was in Phoenix and I went to some of their games. They called Arizona the Mildcats.
I like to piddle around in the yard/deer camp in the summer doing small jobs, that often stretch into multi day affairs. I've enjoyed this summer as i could just leave my tools and equipment set up overnight and not worry about rain. That would appeal to me living in arid climate out west. The heat really doesn't bother me.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
That whole thread reads like they have accepted the fact that we should kick their asss Saturday... I wish I was that confident in us.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Funny post, but it strikes me that the crossover between college football fan & Burning Man attendee is a small one.
the divide horror GIF by Shudder

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007

Hi Corbett used to be the Cleveland Indians spring training. That's where they shot the spring training scenes for Major League.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
U of A is in Tucson. Davis-Monthon is there. Home base of the A-10 Warthogs in the past.

Arizona State is in the Phoenix area. You're basically being like ESPN and calling us Ole Miss.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
U of A is in Tucson. Davis-Monthon is there. Home base of the A-10 Warthogs in the past.

Arizona State is in the Phoenix area. You're basically being like ESPN and calling us Ole Miss.
Sorry, but in my defense, Arizona and Arizona State are very similar, Ole Miss and Mississippi State not so much :LOL:. I think the CL and ESPN confuse us on purpose.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login