Arizona on State and Starkville…

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Like @mcdawg22 told me - this is weird that this is foreign for them.

Also 7:25 mark

Yeah, the stadium holds two and a half Starkvilles. Got to be a little travel involved.
Although I will say the idea of driving 4 hours each way for every game is hard to fathom to me. I know some people do it, some on this board even live farther away than that and never miss. I just know if I lived in Atlanta or Nashville or something there’s no way I’d be back every game.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
In all honesty... If you look at most of the Pac-12 locations, student populations, etc., it's probably not that foreign of an idea that the bulk of their attendance is local.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Sounds like the coach complimented the white out and wants that level of participation at Arizona. He clearly does not come here to check the level angst that goes into wearing a white shirt. I saw everything from “by god I’m a man and won’t be told what to wear” to “I look like the marshmallow man in a white shirt”******

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Sounds like the coach complimented the white out and wants that level of participation at Arizona. He clearly does not come here to check the level angst that goes into wearing a white shirt. I saw everything from “by god I’m a man and won’t be told what to wear” to “I look like the marshmallow man in a white shirt”******
Good thing they didn't come during a "stripe out" game. I don't think we've ever gotten that one right.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
At the game, the white out was probably at least 90% of the non-Arizona fans. It actually looked pretty good.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Good thing they didn't come during a "stripe out" game. I don't think we've ever gotten that one right.
I think that's asking a lot of our fans. It's easy to say "wear maroon" or "wear white." But you're asking people to check their ticket for their section, then look up what color that section is supposed to wear. And a lot of people may not even have their ticket, someone else in their group may have it.

Reactions: Dawgg and Bulldog45

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I think that's asking a lot of our fans. It's easy to say "wear maroon" or "wear white." But you're asking people to check their ticket for their section, then look up what color that section is supposed to wear. And a lot of people may not even have their ticket, someone else in their group may have it.
hahahaa you're right. I just looked it up and it's actually this week.

1694447771629.png

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
There are 500K people in Tuscon and closer to 1M in the metropolitan area.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
In all honesty... If you look at most of the Pac-12 locations, student populations, etc., it's probably not that foreign of an idea that the bulk of their attendance is local.
That may be true, if you wear myopic glasses. Common sense (and a little bit of geographic knowledge from middle school) should lead him to the fact that population drives attendance at public events like college football. Mississippi has 1/3 the population of Arizona and most of Mississippi is rural. Add to that fact is that many MSU grads leave the state for job opportunities and are faced with a 2 - 8 hour drive time to campus. Also, the fact that UofA has an on campus enrollment of nearly 40K in an urban center (greater pop of 1M) also keeps attendance high without travel.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login