Arizona State opens at -3.5

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
They are very similar to us. They were picked dead last in the Big 12 but didn't look terrible in Week 1.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Sounds about right. But nothing would surprise me about this game. Blowout win, blowout loss, anything in between. Still know next to nothing about either team. But you have to think Wyoming is much better than Eastern Kentucky. And ASU beat them about as bad as we beat EKU.

Reactions: Pookieray

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Looked like the Cowboys had a complete melt down watching the game. Totally unprepared, no emotions, and looked like a complete lack of motivation. They had three turnovers that were ran back for TD's We really don't know how good ASU is. EKU would have beaten the Cowboys last night. I think MSU will have more over all talent but that doesn't always mean anything. ASU will face a better team than they did last night.

Reactions: Dawgg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Close line makes sense. If we play a clean game offensively I think we win. Worst case scenario is we turn it over, get behind, and can’t get stops to catch up with them. I think a strong start is key.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm expecting a shootout. I'm not too convinced we can run on them and I think they will move the ball on us pretty easily

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
It seems that way. But ASU not likely to get 3 defensive TDs this week. And Shapen not likely to be throwing to undefended receivers all night long either. Vegas usually fairly close with their lines.
Yeah, I don’t know anything about the ASU secondary, but Shapen had giant windows to throw it to last night. Receivers slowed down a bit to catch it last night, which is fine with that much separation but doubt we see the same thing next weekend

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Looked like the Cowboys had a complete melt down watching the game. Totally unprepared, no emotions, and looked like a complete lack of motivation. They had three turnovers that were ran back for TD's We really don't know how good ASU is. EKU would have beaten the Cowboys last night. I think MSU will have more over all talent but that doesn't always mean anything. ASU will face a better team than they did last night.

I didn't see the game, but this box score worries me. They clearly just beat the **** out of a team that was decent last year. Went to a minor bowl even. ASU was favored by a TD and won by 41...

Screenshot_20240901-113241~2.png

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

patdog

May 28, 2007
Except maybe early in the season
True. Really not much idea what either of these teams have offensively or defensively. New coaches and 120 combined new players. Both looked good last night, but the opponents were both awful.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Wyoming has a new head coach, new QB and was missing their best player at HB.

The offensive line they ran out there can be compared to a G5 team.

This is no where near the Wyoming team they had last season. Don’t get wrapped up on n the score.

Reactions: She Mate Me

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Arizona State does not have an SEC O line and D line. Arkansas and Florida have SEC line play. Thats where the game is going to be determined.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Arizona State does not have an SEC O line and D line. Arkansas and Florida have SEC line play. Thats where the game is going to be determined.
Florida will likely be 1-2 and Billy will be a dead man walking by the time we play them. I think the same for Pittman in late October.

If Florida played this week on the road at Az State they would likely be less than a TD favorite. It may not 100% equal, but it’s “close to” a similar challenge as I stated initially.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Florida will likely be 1-2 and Billy will be a dead man walking by the time we play them. I think the same for Pittman in late October.

If Florida played this week on the road at Az State they would likely be less than a TD favorite. It may not 100% equal, but it’s “close to” a similar challenge as I stated initially.
Let’s put it this way, if ASU can run the ball really well against our D line, Florida and Arkansas will run it down our throats.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
There are a lot of opinions in this thread that make sense to me and in other years, I might agree.

This year, I’m finding it much more difficult to trust instincts from past seasons — not just MSU, but all teams.

Just looking forward to seeing how the season will unfold - predictions be damned

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Let’s put it this way, if ASU can run the ball really well against our D line, Florida and Arkansas will run it down our throats.
Yeah but none of that matters if Shapen is throwing 50 yard TD bombs and you’re crying in the bathroom about it.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
The team looked good against a mediocre team. I've been to Tech and 10 seasons, and I watched last year's dismal coaching, to remain cautiously optimistic about a potential 6-win season. With decent O and D-Line play we have a chance next week. But we might also be overmatched because Ariz. State looked pretty good, is at home and we just transitioned to Lebby ball with a bunch of new starters. Still, one game in and I like Lebby. Not bad.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
You spent the last 8 months taking veiled shots at Lebby and the football program every chance you had, so I’m prepared to give you **** when Lebby inevitably has some success
Hey dummy, I’ve never said anything negative about Lebby in my life not here or anywhere. Lol

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Wyoming has a new head coach, new QB and was missing their best player at HB.

The offensive line they ran out there can be compared to a G5 team.

This is no where near the Wyoming team they had last season. Don’t get wrapped up on n the score.
Agreed. I watched the YouTube highlights and Wyoming looked like they couldn’t get a first down against air. ASU’s line looked pretty good on both sides though, so we may need to outcoach them. I say if our o-line can block, we will outscore them.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Wyoming just looked off last night. I don't know what to categorize it as, but they did not look good as a team. Arizona State perfor what did we do last night? They beat the team they should've beaten. I have no idea how we will play on the road, but I hope our skill positions are better than theirs. I don't know about our offensive and defensive line. They looked pretty solid on the line on both sides

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login