Arizona State opens at -3.5

HWY51dog

Jul 24, 2013
I watched the 1st qt. Back to back drives Wyoming qb threw WTF were you thinking interceptions. Wyoming was horrible. You can’t base anything off that game or EKU.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Yeah but none of that matters if Shapen is throwing 50 yard TD bombs and you’re crying in the bathroom about it.
Shapen will be under more pressure and running more (scrambling) and not throwing to receivers texting their GF's while waiting for the ball. Even bad FBS teams are better than decent'ish FCS schools. And no, I'm not saying we are a bad FBS team, i'm saying all things are not equal with FBS vs FCS and FBS vs FBS. Don't expect things to be that easy.

Reactions: patdog

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Shapen will be under more pressure and running more (scrambling) and not throwing to receivers texting their GF's while waiting for the ball. Even bad FBS teams are better than decent'ish FCS schools. And no, I'm not saying we are a bad FBS team, i'm saying all things are not equal with FBS vs FCS and FBS vs FBS. Don't expect things to be that easy.
Thanks Pookieray! I’d be lost without you. What’s a first down?

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Wyoming generally is a pretty good football program. They usually post winning records and play many of the big boys pretty well. The way AZST handled them is concerning to me for this coming weekend. We have our hands full if they play like that again.

Reactions: 85Bears

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
Looked like the Cowboys had a complete melt down watching the game. Totally unprepared, no emotions, and looked like a complete lack of motivation. They had three turnovers that were ran back for TD's We really don't know how good ASU is. EKU would have beaten the Cowboys last night. I think MSU will have more over all talent but that doesn't always mean anything. ASU will face a better team than they did last night.
I watched the ASU game through the 3rd quarter and Wyoming looked bad.
As GloryDawg mentioned, they were a turnover machine giving up 21 of the points ASU scored.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
We gonna beat that 17ing AZSt *** like a 17ing rented mule. Book it.
Gordon Ramsey Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Florida will likely be 1-2 and Billy will be a dead man walking by the time we play them. I think the same for Pittman in late October.

If Florida played this week on the road at Az State they would likely be less than a TD favorite. It may not 100% equal, but it’s “close to” a similar challenge as I stated initially.
I think Petrino will keep Pittman employed for another year or two.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I think Petrino will keep Pittman employed for another year or two.
That’s a bold assumption after one game against… Arkansas Pine Bluff.

That’s what is so funny about this board. We’re willing to give our rivals the benefit of the doubt against ****** teams but the main conversation after our performance is we have some serious o line issues lol.

We might have o line problems, tough to determine after one game. But Eastern Kentucky would beat the hell out of APB.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
UPig has much lower standards and they love Pittman. If he shows improvement and has a fun offense, the will look for an excuse to keep him.
Even if the offense is much improved, Arky has a tough path to 6 wins. I don't think I see five more wins out of this:

at Oklahoma State
UAB
at Auburn
TAMU
Tennessee
LSU
at State
Ole Miss
Texas
LA Tech
at Mizzou

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Mississippi State ML +190 looks like value. I just don't allow myself to bet on my own team.

Reactions: BirdPuppy

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
There are a lot of opinions in this thread that make sense to me and in other years, I might agree.

This year, I’m finding it much more difficult to trust instincts from past seasons — not just MSU, but all teams.

Just looking forward to seeing how the season will unfold - predictions be damned
Agree, don’t see how anyone can’t. We have 5/6/7/8/9 year players running around, culture nowhere, so who knows. Heck Shapen himself could change the whole narrative for us if he doesn’t get hurt. We definitely looked competent in my opinion.

I am slowly moving toward getting rid of FCS games, especially since the bowls are being devalued. And nowadays, it’s almost better to spend your time crootin the portal than it is practicing for a bowl (esp if we are going the route of money/portal over scheme like we appear to be doing). The FCS games teach us nothing except for who sucks.

And hey…..we at least don’t suck.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Agree, don’t see how anyone can’t. We have 5/6/7/8/9 year players running around, culture nowhere, so who knows. Heck Shapen himself could change the whole narrative for us if he doesn’t get hurt. We definitely looked competent in my opinion.

I am slowly moving toward getting rid of FCS games, especially since the bowls are being devalued. And nowadays, it’s almost better to spend your time crootin the portal than it is practicing for a bowl (esp if we are going the route of money/portal over scheme like we appear to be doing). The FCS games teach us nothing except for who sucks.

And hey…..we at least don’t suck.
The only value to FCS games is generating revenue for a scrimmage game.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Can tell absolutly nothing by who we played other than the depth chart and how we looked on film. This week will tell us a lot.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login