Arnett’s SECN interview

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
I felt like he dodged the Offensive direction question, so maybe still not sure where we are headed with OC? Just curious.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
He laid it out clearly, it will be similar to what we doing but, it’s not time for that. We had a job to do, keep class together and play a bowl game. What else should he say? Never paint yourself into a corner even if you have an idea of what’s next.

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
I felt like he dodged the Offensive direction question, so maybe still not sure where we are headed with OC? Just curious.
I think it signals that after the bowl game he will know more about what kind of offense he wants to run. Probably also say that the person he wants may still be preparing for a bowl game.

Reactions: Bullldawg78

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I noticed that too.

Coach Arnett did quickly say, at the beginning of his answer, "Obviously, there's going to be a lot of similarities to what we already do." So . . . maybe there will be some changes to our offensive strategy?

Coach also said: Priority #1 was keeping the signing class together and getting through signing day; Priority #2 was getting ready for the bowl game and finishing out the season; and the future direction of our offense will be handled a little further down the road.

I like Coach Arnett establishing priorities to organize and focus our coaching staff's efforts. That's a good sign, in my opinion.

Coach also said that the best way to honor Coach Leach is by the way we play on January 2.

I couldn't agree more with that statement, and I'll be very interested to see our players' efforts and execution in the bowl game.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I noticed that too.

Coach Arnett did quickly say, at the beginning of his answer, "Obviosly, there's going to be a lot of similarities to what we already do." So . . . maybe there will be some changes to our offensive strategy?

Coach also said: Priority #1 was keeping the signing class together and getting through signing day; Priority #2 was getting ready for the bowl game and finishing out the season; and the future direction of our offense will be handled a little further down the road.

I like Coach Arnett establishing priorities to organize and focus our coaching staff's efforts. That's a good sign, in my opinion.

Coach also said that the best way to honor Coach Leach is by the way we play on January 2.

I couldn't agree more with that statement, and I'll be very interested to see our players' efforts and execution in the bowl game.
New drinking game, every time Arnett says obviously you have to take a shot. I just hope I pass out before I die.

Seriously, of course we'll see some changes offensively. There's not another coach in the country who does things quite like Leach did. But I think we'll stay pretty close to what we've been doing and hire an OC with Leach connections. Possibly Spurrier, but I don't think so.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I think it signals that after the bowl game he will know more about what kind of offense he wants to run. Probably also say that the person he wants may still be preparing for a bowl game.
I bet he keeps a version of the air raid only more running and hopefully a TE introduced in certain situations. But who knows....I'm not hell bent on anything. Just no wishbone. Ha.

KingBarkus

May 1, 2006
Credit to Lang for asking the question. I thought Arnett handled it well. I'm on pins and needles on the type of offense Arnett will run.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login