Votes: 150 67.3%
  • Want him to stay

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • Depends on the last 4 games

Votes: 60 26.9%

• Total voters

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm just trying to see how many folks have already made up their minds of if some still have hope we win some over the next four and improve or some want him to stay either way

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Technically he can still finish with 7 or 8 wins and earn his way back next year. I just don’t expect it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Depends in last 4 games. But I have almost zero confidence they would change my opinion, so “want him gone “ is also an acceptable answer.

Reactions: BigBully

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Would not be surprised if the powers that be fire Barbay and Brock and roll out a shiny new version of Zach Arnett 2.0

patdog

May 28, 2007
Lemonis has a national championship and his sport is non-revenue, Arnett hasn’t won anything and his sport literally makes or breaks our athletic department and is a factor in university enrollment.
Lemonis also is coming off of 2 of the worst seasons in the over 100 year history of the only program on campus that has historically proven it can be nationally competitive.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Gene Chizik has entered the chato
If you could only have either Zach Arnette or Gene Chizik, who would you take? Think I'd go with Chizik....at least he knows the SEC and what it takes to compete.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Gene Chizik has entered the chat

I mean maybe but how many championships did we have pre-Lemonis? Zero. In any sport.

We want to act like Lemonis is just some idiot that wandered in off the street and we let him be head coach and he won a championship. Polk never won it. Cohen never won it. And both had better rosters at times than we had in 2021. We had one starting pitcher that could throw more than 4 innings by the time we got to the postseason,

Lemonis will be deservedly fired if we stink again in 2024 but this revisionist history that he didn’t do anything to help win our 2021 title is so dumb. He also deserves credit for a 50+ win Omaha team in 2019, even if that one was for sure inherited. He delivered on expectations for his first three years, that’s not something to take for granted, even if the last two years have stunk.

All that to say, Lemonis has accomplished infinitely more than Zach Arnett in their respective sports and it’s not close, even with Lemonis’s recent drop off. For anyone to say “we didn’t fire Lemonis so we won’t fire Arnett” is not close to an even comparison.

And again, football is so much more important than baseball in the grand scheme of things it’s not even funny. You can afford to have a longer leash with a baseball coach in 2023 than you can a football coach. Football will determine the future of conference realignment and mega TV contracts and how much of a piece of the pie we get down the road. College baseball doesn’t mean jack outside of a handful of fan bases, and it has zero bearing on the bigger picture stuff in college athletics.

STATEgrad04

Mar 3, 2008
Selmon was brand new on the job, in a brand new position, looking at a coach that is the only coach to ever win a championship here. There is no way he was making that decision that quickly. I would also argue that him not firing him shows him exactly how he needs to handle this situation. If, in hindsight, he feels that he should've/could've fired Lemonis then he is likely not going to make the same mistake twice. Also, like 2.0 stated above, football pays all of the bills and will pay all of the future bills. No bowl, and I think ZA gets the boot.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
If he figures out a way to win 3 of the 4 and plays well in a bowl game, then I’d be for bringing him back.
We go 1 outa 4 then on Friday November 24th we need to make a change.

Reactions: Dawg84

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Gene Chizik has entered the chat
To be fair, Lemonis' two seasons were like 6-6. I think Gene cratered at like 3-9 in his last season, with some straight beatdowns. At least Lemonis showed some life in 2022 before the injuries, and then in 2023 at least beat LSU near the end and had an overall winning season. Not quite the same.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I mean maybe but how many championships did we have pre-Lemonis? Zero. In any sport.

We want to act like Lemonis is just some idiot that wandered in off the street and we let him be head coach and he won a championship. Polk never won it. Cohen never won it. And both had better rosters at times than we had in 2021. We had one starting pitcher that could throw more than 4 innings by the time we got to the postseason,

Lemonis will be deservedly fired if we stink again in 2024 but this revisionist history that he didn’t do anything to help win our 2021 title is so dumb. He also deserves credit for a 50+ win Omaha team in 2019, even if that one was for sure inherited. He delivered on expectations for his first three years, that’s not something to take for granted, even if the last two years have stunk.

All that to say, Lemonis has accomplished infinitely more than Zach Arnett in their respective sports and it’s not close, even with Lemonis’s recent drop off. For anyone to say “we didn’t fire Lemonis so we won’t fire Arnett” is not close to an even comparison.

And again, football is so much more important than baseball in the grand scheme of things it’s not even funny. You can afford to have a longer leash with a baseball coach in 2023 than you can a football coach. Football will determine the future of conference realignment and mega TV contracts and how much of a piece of the pie we get down the road. College baseball doesn’t mean jack outside of a handful of fan bases, and it has zero bearing on the bigger picture stuff in college athletics.
All the mouth breathers who all got what they yearned for the football program, are all pissed that they didn't get to ruin the baseball program too. I can't wait to see all the backtracking when we host a regional this year. This is one thing that did come out of the AD search, that he was too new to give in to the fans.

Cohen obviously would not have fired Lemonis, smartly. But Selman may have, had he not been new. Thankfully it didn't happen that way.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't know where I stand honestly. On one hand, I want to extend the bowl streak, and I know it's not great to constantly change coaches. Plus I can see the logic behind our current recrootin. But I also have no faith in Arnett actually making the correct staffing changes. And maybe with a new crop of players coming up, they can develop the Barbay offense around Parson or whoever. While I wanted to see the Mike Leach offense results over about a decade, I do think a more run-based deal is best long term. And I don't see the evidence that he's "lost the team".

It'll be much easier, perception wise, to fire him next year.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
I don't know where I stand honestly. On one hand, I want to extend the bowl streak, and I know it's not great to constantly change coaches. Plus I can see the logic behind our current recrootin. But I also have no faith in Arnett actually making the correct staffing changes. And maybe with a new crop of players coming up, they can develop the Barbay offense around Parson or whoever. While I wanted to see the Mike Leach offense results over about a decade, I do think a more run-based deal is best long term. And I don't see the evidence that he's "lost the team".

Nah fire his *** Sunday morning after getting thrashed by 30 Saturday night

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Don't read too far into it @blitz2Win. I'm just trying to be nice and find anything, ANYTHING, to give the benefit of the doubt. The door likely slams shut Saturday.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If you sample this board as as straw poll of sorts as a feeler the fan base because there are a lot of different opinions. Out of 183 people only 10 so far want him to stay no matter the the rest of the season only 36 want to see how the remaining. The rest are already done with arnett no matter how the last 4 games go. That's amazing to me that this many fans are done 8 games in. I would say you have to move on if that much of your fan base is already out on the coach even when there is a chance although be it like winning the lottery to make it to 6-8 wins. I get I though. I knew Moorhead wasn't going to work early on. So far this season I've seen no development or getting better. We have not played even one good complete game. Even in our wins

patdog

May 28, 2007
Selmon was brand new on the job, in a brand new position, looking at a coach that is the only coach to ever win a championship here. There is no way he was making that decision that quickly. I would also argue that him not firing him shows him exactly how he needs to handle this situation. If, in hindsight, he feels that he should've/could've fired Lemonis then he is likely not going to make the same mistake twice. Also, like 2.0 stated above, football pays all of the bills and will pay all of the future bills. No bowl, and I think ZA gets the boot.
Selmon was 5 months into the job. How long do you have to work before you’re expected to actually do your job? If he’s not hitting the ground running by day 2, we hired the wrung AD.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It blows me away that any people wanna see what happens the rest of the season. It makes zero sense to have any hope that we will beat anybody but USM. And let's get his name figured out ok. It's either Arnept or Arnot ? Which is better. Also I did not come up with Arnept but think its genius. This whole staff is completely arnept

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Asking Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
It blows me away that any people wanna see what happens the rest of the season. It makes zero sense to have any hope that we will beat anybody but USM. And let's get his name figured out ok. It's either Arnept or Arnot ? Which is better. Also I did not come up with Arnept but think its genius. This whole staff is completely arnept
Should have been a fourth category “Need to see how he looks next season, then I’ll make a decision”, there are a few of those people walking around. I’ve seen them post

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login