Arnett to Ole Miss

Spotdawg

Feb 15, 2007
I'm no attorney and my phrasing is probably not "lawyer-ese." There should be a clause inserted in every head coach contract from this day forward that says all owed monies, bonus payouts and any implied financial obligations are nullified the moment they are employed by any other University in the state of Mississippi. Might not stand up in court but would at least give someone like Arnett pause for thought.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Volunteer assistant; he isn't getting paid.
This is basically what the Arkansas vs Bret Bielema lawsuit was about. He took a job with the Patriots for $125,000 and Arkansas sued him for taking a below market salary. They wound up splitting the difference roughly 50-50 in a settlement.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
This is basically what the Arkansas vs Bret Bielema lawsuit was about. He took a job with the Patriots for $125,000 and Arkansas sued him for taking a below market salary. They wound up splitting the difference roughly 50-50 in a settlement.
That’s a bogus lawsuit, you should be free to pursue whatever job for whatever pay you want.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

patdog

May 28, 2007
That’s a bogus lawsuit, you should be free to pursue whatever job for whatever pay you want.
Unless you have a contractual obligation to pursue a market rate job. It’s a very gray area. Which is why they settled & split the difference.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I’m just disappointed in him for playing this game. Don’t be sour that you got fired for doing a piss-poor job. Be sour that you’re letting a frat boy use you as a rented mule to be the butt of a joke. I’m embarrassed for him.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Unless you have a contractual obligation to pursue a market rate job. It’s a very gray area. Which is why they settled & split the difference.
I was going to respond with that, if Arkansas wants to have a say in his future job/pay they need to have included that in the contract originally. if not, then throw that garbage out.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I was going to respond with that, if Arkansas wants to have a say in his future job/pay they need to have included that in the contract originally. if not, then throw that garbage out.
It was in the contract. Question is how enforceable is it. Both sides settled because it wasn’t clear who would win.

Reactions: 85Bears

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
They are easily the most pitiful bunch of people on the planet. They DESPERATELY try to convince everyone that they couldn't care less about State, but then they spend seemingly the majority of their time and resources trying to figure out how to sting State.

DWarren

Oct 17, 2023
They are easily the most pitiful bunch of people on the planet. They DESPERATELY try to convince everyone that they couldn't care less about State, but then they spend seemingly the majority of their time and resources trying to figure out how to sting State.
Look I don’t like how this has unfolded either BUT if they can get our former DC and head coach to join their staff as an UNPAID analyst.. who the hell would say no to that? It’s an absolute coup! There is literally no downside for them. Which is why it chaps my a$$. Ridiculous on ZA’s part.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
What if they wanted to be a High School coach or something?

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Look I don’t like how this has unfolded either BUT if they can get our former DC and head coach to join their staff as an UNPAID analyst.. who the hell would say no to that? It’s an absolute coup! There is literally no downside for them. Which is why it chaps my a$$. Ridiculous on ZA’s part.
Still It's just another pathetic, obsessed troll job by them. To be as insignificant as they try and say State is, they sure do spend a lot of time going after State instead of going about their own business. OM fans can't shut up about the hire and how it's a dig at State. That's how you know it's nothing but a troll job. I went to OM and I've never heard professors bellyache about anything quite like how they bellyached about State. It was a genuine surprise to me considering how OM goes out of their way to convince themselves they don't care about MSU.

Last edited:

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
I can promise that Arnett has secured his place in hell. I thought the arrogant piece of crap was a mistake from the jump, but Leach died and in the wake of that we made some bad decisions. I guess hindsight is 20/20. Also, with the roster turn over and new coaches how much could he possibly give Kiffin?
87D1311B-EAB1-44C7-8F3D-505E071A88CD.jpeg

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login