Article on CBS/SEC split

patdog

May 28, 2007
Very short-sighted move by CBS to not renegotiate the contract when we added A&M and Missouri. They saved some money in the short term, but burned a bridge with the top football conference in the country.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Very short-sighted move by CBS to not renegotiate the contract when we added A&M and Missouri. They saved some money in the short term, but burned a bridge with the top football conference in the country.

They look kinda dumb for lowballing the SEC and then having to pay $50 million more than Disney paid the SEC for not even the Big 10’s top game of the week.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
1. CBS didn't make the SEC
2. CBS wasn't broadcasting much of the SEC. They were the Crimson Bama Station.
The CBS game is typically the game I watch the least every year because it's usually either bama smashing someone or Georgia smashing someone.

Of course there are exceptions, but I bet if you tracked it that game has been the least competitive matchup on average since about 2009.

Plus Danielson sucks

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
two thoughts on this

1) will coincide with the end of the Saban Bama advantages era
2) ESPN wanted this from the start and finally got it

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
The CBS game is typically the game I watch the least every year because it's usually either bama smashing someone or Georgia smashing someone.

Of course there are exceptions, but I bet if you tracked it that game has been the least competitive matchup on average since about 2009.

Plus Danielson sucks
There was nothing better than listening to Gary Danielson have no other choice but to begrudgingly praise us as we kicked Auburn's f*****g a** up and down the field on one glorious CBS Saturday.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login