Article on Selmon and Banner-M outta here...

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
crowd riot GIF

You've done it now DS, the Banner M crowd will be showing up and riot in 3-2-1 BOOM!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We found some success selling merch. Congrats Selmon. And congrats Keenum for hiring the clown. At least now it's in plain sight that it was Selmon and his supporters who wanted this, not Cohen. Obviously that decree was coming from Keenum at some level.

Whatever, man, ya'll can have it. MSU is in my blood but my support and care level is way down. We just continuously do this stuff to ourselves, and have no idea what's out there in the world.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
We found some success selling merch. Congrats Selmon. And congrats Keenum for hiring the clown. At least now it's in plain sight that it was Selmon and his supporters who wanted this, not Cohen. Obviously that decree was coming from Keenum at some level.

Whatever, man, ya'll can have it. MSU is in my blood but my support and care level is way down. We just continuously do this stuff to ourselves, and have no idea what's out there in the world.
soccer portugal GIF by Fusion

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

Good God man. It’s a logo.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023

Good riddance to the banner M, vroom maroon, and anything associated with losers like LT, Croom, Cohen, Loafers et al.

our next step should be fining any fan that shows up in the wrong shade of maroon or any clothing not from this current decade.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

This is hilarious lol

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Because its what the fans want. The banner M squad is the minority. Merchandise sales don't lie.
Understand, and that's probably the bigger problem. Our fans are stupid and don't know what's best for Mississippi State. Like I said, I've given up, no more of my brain power or energy will be spent towards trying to gospelize MSU. It's simply sports entertainment for me at this time.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Understand, and that's probably the bigger problem. Our fans are stupid and don't know what's best for Mississippi State. Like I said, I've given up, no more of my brain power or energy will be spent towards trying to gospelize MSU. It's simply sports entertainment for me at this time.
Slow Motion Time GIF by Jocqua

V Over the logo?
Banner logo sucked for sports while it is good for letterhead

Aug 24, 2012
As someone who is not from Mississippi and has never lived in Mississippi besides my four years in Starkville, no one outside of State fans are going to have any clue what school this is. Besides thinking of the Dr. Pepper commercials that run during college football season. If that's the space they want to pigeon hole themselves into, they've done it. I could where a t-shirt with State on it in the city I live in with 5 million people this weekend and the only people that would realize what school that is would be an alum.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
For me I don’t really care much that they changed to logo. But, damn, if you’re going to change something you’ve invested 20 years in, at least change to something that doesn’t suck.
For the life of me, I cannot figure out the 'why' behind the official change. Sell as much merch as you want, who cares. But one thing isn't debatable - banner MState looks better on the football field, basketball court and on the side of DWS than &tate.

And there are obvious advantages to using the official university logo throughout athletic endeavors. There are tons of ways to change things up, without the main logo. It's all just so unnecessary. Put whatever you want on uniforms, who cares. But keep that one level of consistency. The one place it's not needed is baseball, where the M over S has its own brand and no one questions it. Funny that nobody looks to that successful example - nope, we gotsta just keep changin' shlt

Aug 24, 2012
Did people recognize the M-State? Is it Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri or Montana State?
People recognized it more than you think. I'll speak for myself, but I'm never going to buy anything that has STATE script on it. One because I think its a stupid school logo and two because I don't want to have to answer people asking me what STATE is.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Stupid likes this ^^^. Or you just lying?

You left off Mullen, Dak, Final Fours for men and women. The greatest decade ever for Mississippi State football and men's and womens basketball.
So you gonna call my take stupid and then revise history? We were interocking MSU during men's final four.

Yes, get rid of the STUPID looking Croom error banner M. GOOD RIDDANCE

drummerdawg

Mar 14, 2013
Should be...

Interlocking MSU for football

STATE for basketball (not the &tate one)

M over S for baseball with &tate making an appearance on some alternatives

&tate for minor sports

Instead of trying to make one logo fit, maybe we should embrace the fact that we have several good looking logos and we should use them all. Just put what looks best with the right uniform.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The irony of all this is that the first banner M-State logo from the 90's (the one with the flowing ribbon) was the first logo I remember that emphasized STATE. That's the one thing I liked about it.
Don't be bringing facts up in here!

And don't ask none of the RuN dA bAwL crowd to say Hail State, no no, that hurts the inferiority complex.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Should be...

Interlocking MSU for football

STATE for basketball (not the &tate one)

M over S for baseball with &tate making an appearance on some alternatives

&tate for minor sports

Instead of trying to make one logo fit, maybe we should embrace the fact that we have several good looking logos and we should use them all. Just put what looks best with the right uniform.
That's fine. The big problem is kicking a successful, recognizable school logo and replacing it for no reason.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
our next step should be fining any fan that shows up in the wrong shade of maroon or any clothing not from this current decade.
Hard to do that when you can walk in The Lodge, Campus Bookmart, Barnes & Noble, Maroon & Co. and see multiple shades of Maron licensed through the University w/ them getting licensing fees back

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So you gonna call my take stupid and then revise history? We were interocking MSU during men's final four.

Nope. You are just an emotional fool.

Go check the tape and see what was on the field and court.

Nobody cares what it on the helmet. Make it whatever you want.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Most times, they don't need to ask. That's what your dubmass doesn't understand.
I refer you to dawgstudent's quote in the post further up this thread:

"Did people recognize the M-State? Is it Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri or Montana State?"

Yeah sure Goat, every person you pass on the street out of state knows all of those schools names and colors and instantly recognizes ours as different from all those others they've memorized and says "there goes a Mississippi State fan!".

For somebody that has stated they don't care about the logo, you sure seem to care a lot. You've commented 8x in this thread alone..........

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
For somebody that has stated they don't care about the logo, you sure seem to care a lot. You've commented 8x in this thread alone..........
When have I said that? I care a lot about it, that's why I think this change sucks.

Let me put it a different way - I care about MSU's brand. Logo, not as much, but it's all a part of branding. And more to that point, the strategy behind. Selmon's strategy outlined in that article is dumb. Obvious at this point Selmon was hired to be a yes man and raise NIL.

Reactions: bulldoghair

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022

You're wrong. The MState was at mid court and the 95-96 wore MState on the uniform. They were the first team to wear it

Reactions: bulldoghair
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login