Article on Selmon and Banner-M outta here...

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Sad Wah Wah GIF by Major League Soccer
Hey dumbass, user name is literally crying about a logo.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bulldoghair
Oct 31, 2022
So you gonna call my take stupid and then revise history? We were interocking MSU during men's final four.

Yes, get rid of the STUPID looking Croom error banner M. GOOD RIDDANCE
Actually the "Croom" era Banner M was in the middle of the Hump floor & on the leg of the basketball shorts the year the men went to the Final Four in 1996. I really don't understand the Banner M hate. We only went to 13 straight bowl games with the Banner M primarily worn on the football helmet. Banner M also saw Women's Basketball go to 2 Final Fours & Softball to its 1st Super Regional ever. I've said before that I have no issues with script State on a basketball, baseball, or softball jerseys. On a polo or pullover its ok, but it looks soft, effeminate, & impotent on a football helmet.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Somebody with Photoshop skills replace the block STATE in the banner logo with the script State so we can all be outraged

Reactions: LimaoCabeca

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
What upsets you about the changing of the logo?
For me, it's not emotional. However, the branding at MSU has been at a disappointing level of inconsistency for decades. This makes it a deficiency and a weakness.

Furthermore, inexperienced leaders have a tendency to start putting their fingerprints on things like logos early on in their tenures, which make it a superficial way of signifying a supposed meaningful "change."

Change the losing......then go change the logo.

ETA: I've not been that impressed with many of the logos that MSU has had -- nor have have I been personally passionate about any one of them in particular.

Reactions: patdog

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Understand, and that's probably the bigger problem. Our fans are stupid and don't know what's best for Mississippi State. Like I said, I've given up, no more of my brain power or energy will be spent towards trying to gospelize MSU. It's simply sports entertainment for me at this time.
To be fair, you don't seem to have much brain power to spare....

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
You're wrong. The MState was at mid court and the 95-96 wore MState on the uniform. They were the first team to wear it
The '96 men's basketball team wore the "Ribbon M" just like Croom's football teams. The "Banner M" was introduced under Byrne and first worn by Mullen's teams.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
It’s going to be hilarious when after 20 years fans start clamoring for the Banner M throwbacks. Hell, the Banner M helmet logo has a winning record while the Interlocking is like 42-43.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
For the life of me, I cannot figure out the 'why' behind the official change. Sell as much merch as you want, who cares. But one thing isn't debatable - banner MState looks better on the football field, basketball court and on the side of DWS than &tate.

And there are obvious advantages to using the official university logo throughout athletic endeavors. There are tons of ways to change things up, without the main logo. It's all just so unnecessary. Put whatever you want on uniforms, who cares. But keep that one level of consistency. The one place it's not needed is baseball, where the M over S has its own brand and no one questions it. Funny that nobody looks to that successful example - nope, we gotsta just keep changin' shlt
THIS!!!
As someone who is not from Mississippi and has never lived in Mississippi besides my four years in Starkville, no one outside of State fans are going to have any clue what school this is. Besides thinking of the Dr. Pepper commercials that run during college football season. If that's the space they want to pigeon hole themselves into, they've done it. I could where a t-shirt with State on it in the city I live in with 5 million people this weekend and the only people that would realize what school that is would be an alum.
THIS, THIS, A THOUSAND TIMES THIS!!!

Reactions: bulldoghair

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
I've always liked the revised banner M, but I'm cool with the script State as well.

BulldogLegacy

Feb 27, 2008
We found some success selling merch. Congrats Selmon. And congrats Keenum for hiring the clown. At least now it's in plain sight that it was Selmon and his supporters who wanted this, not Cohen. Obviously that decree was coming from Keenum at some level.

Whatever, man, ya'll can have it. MSU is in my blood but my support and care level is way down. We just continuously do this stuff to ourselves, and have no idea what's out there in the world.
You’re an idiot. Selmon is going to do great things for the university.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
For the life of me, I cannot figure out the 'why' behind the official change. Sell as much merch as you want, who cares. But one thing isn't debatable - banner MState looks better on the football field, basketball court and on the side of DWS than &tate.

And there are obvious advantages to using the official university logo throughout athletic endeavors. There are tons of ways to change things up, without the main logo. It's all just so unnecessary. Put whatever you want on uniforms, who cares. But keep that one level of consistency. The one place it's not needed is baseball, where the M over S has its own brand and no one questions it. Funny that nobody looks to that successful example - nope, we gotsta just keep changin' shlt
I never bought anything with banner M on it. Can’t stand it.

Love the interlocking MSU, running Bulldog, and the M with the arrows running through it. I’ll continue to buy that.

I do agree the State script is bad for a lot of reasons, but it certainly looks and sells better.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login