As if the NIL stuff wasn't enough of a hassle, now Rosebowl is using it to shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2008
posters who are complaining. Basically saying if you're not paying to the incentives, you can't have a right to complain. Pretty remarkable that this is what caused a missed extra point, a dropped punt, a coach going for it on 4th down with the same up the middle bs not once but twice, a slow safety one on one against one of their best wideouts, numerous drops, a qb with molasses running thru his veins, among the many other screwups. I for one would just like to apologize to my fellow Bulldog fans. I haven't given enough. I guess this will be the new swan song. For years it was "well if you think you could do better then you should apply for the job". Now it's this.

* No subscription super secret content shared here. I wouldn't think of this as breaking news. Just Rosie being himself.

Last edited:

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Screw him. I will never contribute one nickel to this screwed up system.

Capt Croom

Sep 18, 2022
I haven’t kept up with him in forever. His show became 45 minutes of ads, a top 10 list that I don’t think anyone cares about, and the exact same takes that every other beat writer has. He’s the sole reason I will not eat at bulldog burger.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
He’s definitely not a good fit or representative for Mississippi State athletics. Why is is he even so close to the programs, what does he bring? Even his takedown of Freeze didn’t pay off in the long run because State didn’t get any better

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'm headed to bed right now but I look forward to addressing his concerns tomorrow. Where are they posted because I damn sure don't have any idea where he posts his crap?

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I listened to the Bo Bounds interview today where he went off on people complaining who don’t pony up to the NIL. Figured it would rub a lot of people the wrong way.

He didn’t say if you get to complain more if you donate a lot or if the complaining is locked to a set amount regardless of your donation total.

Seriously… the faster the players are placed under contract and become employees of the athletic departments the better it will be for everybody.

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
How does one give to…

NIL? I thought a business bought a player’s likeness and used it for ads. I don’t have a business. Can I just buy some guy’s likeness and just hold it?

notoriousD_O_G

Apr 1, 2013
We will have to make the bulldog initiative our MSU swear jar. Everytime you curse during the game you have to give them a dollar.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
17 that dude. Same argument has been used in politics forever.
No complaining unless you play our game by our rules.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
We will have to make the bulldog initiative our MSU swear jar. Everytime you curse during the game you have to give them a dollar.

I’m not quite sure what a crowd funding initiative would even achieve. What’s a bare minimum yearly goal needed to get just one great player? Would $500k even start a conversation? I doubt it.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Only way MSU and about 125 other D1 schools can compete is if NIL is banned and all D1 scholarship players are paid the same amount. My suggestion is $1k a month. Eliminate paying OOC games and there's your money. Not from the consumer but from the schools themselves. Ya know the ones with the insane profits from football already.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
In our situation, I'd bet 2% of the donors are doing 98% of the heavy lifting. Even if we got 50,000 donors doing $20, that (unfortunately) wouldn't be a spit in the bucket compared to what other schools are able to do.

dogmatic

Aug 22, 2012
Asking fans to pay for NIL feels like Walmart asking me to donate $5 to help blind children learn to play the flute.

From what I've seen, we're squandering money and time fast enough already without any help from me.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Only way MSU and about 125 other D1 schools can compete is if NIL is banned and all D1 scholarship players are paid the same amount. My suggestion is $1k a month. Eliminate paying OOC games and there's your money. Not from the consumer but from the schools themselves. Ya know the ones with the insane profits from football already.
You make a good point. It's funny to me how its boosters and ticket-buyers and private companies that are supposed to take up the slack here, rather than the schools, who 17 us all over for the TV money.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Because I’ve never been an elite athlete nor have there been many around me, I oftentimes have to come up with real world analogies to try to make all this make sense.

So I’ve been in manufacturing and supply chain for 18 years, and we have a multitude of town halls, plantwide meetings, etc to do all we can to ensure that all employees feel like they have a voice. I’m just trying to imagine a scenario where a machine operator says something along the lines of… “excuse me, you know things are going pretty well and business is strong, but man our paint sprayers are on their last leg. We’re doing all we can to keep them running, but I was just visiting my cousin’s factory, and they’ve got an awesome new automated system that’s 10x more efficient. Any chance we can put something like that in the capital plans?”

To which our exec responds… “well buddy, there’s a collection jar in the break room, lolz! Unless you’ve dropped a fiver in there this morning, you know why we can’t keep up, and YOU’RE part of the problem. Next question!”

This is our problem right now. Coaches making generational wealth, athletes living the dream, and hundred million dollar athletic budgets. Yet somehow the solution to improving our SEC position is getting Mr small town hardware store owner to pony up $100/mo. This mindset is *** backwards, and it’s going to devastate college sports if it doesn’t get fixed

EdwardDrayton

Jul 1, 2022
Predicted right after the game that would come from somewhere. We as fans would be told pony up more NIL money so we can become competitive.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
I guess so. Looks like we've got another Supreme Court case. Athletes want NIL money outside of $1k a month they can go pro. You're not supposed to be a millionaire in college. You rob yourself of valuable learning experiences by not being a somewhat broke college kid.

Last edited:

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009

That fumbled punt last weekend would have cost me $27 alone, the following TD another $18, and the untouched TD run $39!

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Has anyone heard how his ticket sales are going for the rock event he put together?

I'm assuming not as anticipated since he is so salty about nil.

Last edited:

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Is anyone going to that concert? Do you know people going? I hope it's making bank, but seems odd. I applaud the effort though.
At least someone is trying.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
NIL? I thought a business bought a player’s likeness and used it for ads. I don’t have a business. Can I just buy some guy’s likeness and just hold it?

Apparently yes but in the real world if I give more than 16K it is considered a gift and I owe a gift tax. If I hire them then they are a employee and I owe employment tax and they owe their share of the employment tax and income tax. What I pay them will be a business expense write off. If I hire them as a contract worker they owe self employment tax and I get a business expense write off.

The question is, what taxes are being withheld and how long does it take a country with a 31 trillion dollar debt get involved? I see the IRS man coming, "87K new ones" and the government is going to want a return on that investment.

I am going to continue to buy my season tickets, pay my require Bulldog contribution and If I want to ***** I am going to ***** and that long hair hippy can kiss my ***.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
posters who are complaining. Basically saying if you're not paying to the incentives, you can't have a right to complain. Pretty remarkable that this is what caused a missed extra point, a dropped punt, a coach going for it on 4th down with the same up the middle bs not once but twice, a slow safety one on one against one of their best wideouts, numerous drops, a qb with molasses running thru his veins, among the many other screwups. I for one would just like to apologize to my fellow Bulldog fans. I haven't given enough. I guess this will be the new swan song. For years it was "well if you think you could do better then you should apply for the job". Now it's this.

* No subscription super secret content shared here. I wouldn't think of this as breaking news. Just Rosie being himself.

View attachment 25340

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I'm sure people are but I'm not. I'll be at the Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio show at Duling Hall.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Because I’ve never been an elite athlete nor have there been many around me, I oftentimes have to come up with real world analogies to try to make all this make sense.

So I’ve been in manufacturing and supply chain for 18 years, and we have a multitude of town halls, plantwide meetings, etc to do all we can to ensure that all employees feel like they have a voice. I’m just trying to imagine a scenario where a machine operator says something along the lines of… “excuse me, you know things are going pretty well and business is strong, but man our paint sprayers are on their last leg. We’re doing all we can to keep them running, but I was just visiting my cousin’s factory, and they’ve got an awesome new automated system that’s 10x more efficient. Any chance we can put something like that in the capital plans?”

To which our exec responds… “well buddy, there’s a collection jar in the break room, lolz! Unless you’ve dropped a fiver in there this morning, you know why we can’t keep up, and YOU’RE part of the problem. Next question!”

This is our problem right now. Coaches making generational wealth, athletes living the dream, and hundred million dollar athletic budgets. Yet somehow the solution to improving our SEC position is getting Mr small town hardware store owner to pony up $100/mo. This mindset is *** backwards, and it’s going to devastate college sports if it doesn’t get fixed

I’m with you my friend. The Bulldog Initiative is an insult, especially if you have a clown like Rosebowl talking crap about fans who don’t pay in. That’s easy to say for guys who are making money off the athletics programs.

olblue.sixpack

Aug 23, 2012

Well put

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
100% agree. We are absolutely dead meat where we sit right now unless something changes.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Coaches making generational wealth, athletes living the dream, and hundred million dollar athletic budgets.
There's the issue right there, and it's always been the issue. I'm a big 'bang for the buck' kinda guy. For instance, if you're looking to help your budget, I look at house payments and car payments, rather than cutting the cable or a $20 discount on insurance. The big ticket items, so to speak.

To me, what has been WAY out of whack for a long time, but now on a exponential scale, is coaching salaries. **** IS NOT THAT DIFFICULT. These guys aren't worth it. Needs to be caps on that. If you want to pay players, there's your source. No one singular person is getting rich in an AD office.....except coaches. Even the Jimbob line coaches are making 300-400K. That's doctor salaries.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010

bravo

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
To me, it's more like... say... FedEx box handler is making $20 per hour. FedEx CEO is making millions. FedEx box handler says, hey it isn't fair that ceo makes millions and I make peanuts. Give me more. Then FedEx ceo turns to the customers and says.... I know you're paying for shipping and your box is late or dented or both.... but pay more for our services and things will get better. Because we aren't paying our employees any more money, but you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login