Athletic Director news - Bo Bounds said on the radio this morning...

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
How much money was spent to arrive at a Benko decision? That's a fine hire but they could have written me a check and I'd have gotten them that decision a long time ago.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
How much money was spent to arrive at a Benko decision? That's a fine hire but they could have written me a check and I'd have gotten them that decision a long time ago.
Seriously, this guy is going to be MSU's new AD?

Attachments

• Benko.jpg
    Benko.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 14

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
I don’t know anything about him. Are you suggesting he’s a bad hire or do you just not like his picture?
I truly know nothing, although his resume seems adequate. His picture did catch me off guard as he looks like a frat punk. Probably was...thus the now somewhat political position.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
Don't count out Zac Selmon......he is the dark horse in the room.... Selmon's reputation is that of a fund raiser and good with fan engagement and a lot of MSU folks like him, per Steve.

Brian White from FAU was the search firm's preferred candidate.

My money would be on Benko, although i really like Selmon

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Don't count out Zac Selmon......he is the dark horse in the room.... Selmon's reputation is that of a fund raiser and good with fan engagement and a lot of MSU folks like him, per Steve.

I like his resume a lot and feel like it would be a great hire - especially for getting some new blood in the department who thinks differently. However, feels like the guy that has both MSU experience and outside AD experience would be the clear favorite - I doubt the hiring folks get past that.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Well he is from Georgia. I don't feel good about his ability to recruit Mississippi. Does he even know any high school coaches here ?

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008

I’ll be shocked if it’s Selmon over Benko. That’s not “according to sources” or anything but a feeling. But Benko has all the qualifications you could want.
Who knows, maybe Keenum is tired of making “safe” hires and wants to swing for the fences, but… I don’t see it.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Went back and listened...

Bo said "today, tomorrow or Wednesday...pretty soon here"

Said OC "Tuesday night at the latest"

About the 36 minute mark -

Reactions: MSUDAWG164

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah I mean we can't let the OC go too much longer. We need to establish offensive philosophy and if will cant run it we need a transfer qb immediately

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah, I got a feeling we need to be hot on a tight end and a QB. I mean thats just my personal expectations. I know we are not running pure AR. Modified at least and Will can't run at all that I have seen.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Wicker sounds better to me. State grad, worked at USM so he knows Mississippi plus his daughter is named Waverly. I mean, c'mon. What more can you ask for ?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Dewey Selmon's son...

Baby Boomers Boomer GIF by University of Oklahoma

squintdawg

Jun 4, 2003
So - you are comparing a guy who has been at 5 different schools and 3 different P5 Conferences with Templeton - who didn't leave the Golden Triangle until he was 60 years old? Makes sense....... Wicker might not be the choice - but comparing him to LT is laughable.
Larry Templeton 2: Electric Boogaloo

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
So - you are comparing a guy who has been at 5 different schools and 3 different P5 Conferences with Templeton - who didn't leave the Golden Triangle until he was 60 years old? Makes sense....... Wicker might not be the choice - but comparing him to LT is laughable.
Yeah, I said it.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
expect an announcement today or tomorrow.
I dont expect any media announcement today or tomorrow with the national championship unless they want to bury a bad hire. All media attention is on national championship today and winner tomorrow. Maybe Wednesday

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login