Austin Davis new OC at Auburn

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Happy for him. You may remember him as the 3rd best QB in USM history (you also might not). He was very good. Played in the NFL from 2012-2018. Was the QB coach for the Seahawks. His brother is a good friend of mine, they’re an awesome family. Hate that he’ll be at Auburn. We need to bring him back to Mississippi.

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
His brother is my dentist. He also played baseball at southern I believe.
Rumor was Austin wanted to come to state but was told he couldn’t play both sports here but was able to at usm.

Dawg007

Jun 13, 2013
Rumor was Austin wanted to come to state but was told he couldn’t play both sports here but was able to at usm.

It was a partial baseball scholarship with a preferred walk on spot with the football team at USM. He earned his way into a football scholly pretty quick and dropped baseball. Reid Stringer (Miss State) was his area recruiter at the time and supposedly went to bat for him. Woody McCorvey wouldn’t take him. His high school (WL) didn’t throw much, but they had seen him in camp. I think we ended up going with Wesley Carroll. Yep, Austin grew up a Miss State fan.

klong-dog

Aug 22, 2012
Yes, his brother Bo was my dentist here in Columbus until several months back, he left to head back closer to home (Meridian/Lauderdale) to open up his own practice. Good guy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login