Dallas has no running game at all.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Cowboys are fine with the cap. Plenty of other QBs making 55 and Purdy will pass Dak next year. There’s plenty of room. This is a terrible roster. Going to need to trade Micah for a haul of picks.

no excuse for what he’s put on the field.

Besides Ravens game Dak has been bad but with no running game or a #2 WR he’s bound for failure. Wish he would have walked
They arent though. Sure if you look at the number on paper they could be. But teams that carry that big of a cap number have major contributors on rookie deals.

Dallas went all in for a 4-5 period stretch when they werent paying dak.. and they were paying the roster around Dak to be good... and they were good, very good, they just choked in the playofffs. Now they are in a period of flux because they have been forced to pay Dak and Lamb so much... and they havent had those high draft picks to be able to get quality talent on lesser deals. So in turn, the roster is lesser than it has been... meaning the highest paid player in the league needs to be great to over come that... and thus we have what we have.

Dallas honestly should have dealt Dak a few others last season... got some draft picks... and tried to build again. Their cap situation, espeically after the pay parsons, is going to hold them down another 3-4 years

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023
Sorry but hungry dak plays better than fed dak. Too quote ceedee "subpar throw" cowboys may not be playing great as a whole but he isn't helping today. Got to be cleaner against the lions
Three receivers same area consistently, no running game, can’t protect the passer, can’t stop the run, and can’t stop the pass. Lots of problems in Dallas but Dak is wayyyy down the list

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023
Dak doesn't have any running game. However at some point the QB has to rise to the occasion in big games. From Bama 2014 to Egg bowl 2015 to nfl playoffs.... come on man.
Hasn’t had a running game since 2016. Doesn’t need one but you can’t not be able to run, not be able to protect the passer and get zero separation at receiver. No QB in NFL history would make this offense good

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023
They arent though. Sure if you look at the number on paper they could be. But teams that carry that big of a cap number have major contributors on rookie deals.

Dallas went all in for a 4-5 period stretch when they werent paying dak.. and they were paying the roster around Dak to be good... and they were good, very good, they just choked in the playofffs. Now they are in a period of flux because they have been forced to pay Dak and Lamb so much... and they havent had those high draft picks to be able to get quality talent on lesser deals. So in turn, the roster is lesser than it has been... meaning the highest paid player in the league needs to be great to over come that... and thus we have what we have.

Dallas honestly should have dealt Dak a few others last season... got some draft picks... and tried to build again. Their cap situation, espeically after the pay parsons, is going to hold them down another 3-4 years
You’re wrong……they have more than enough room to sign players they just chose not to do that

Reactions: eckie1

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
interception that basically changed the course of the game. But detroit is and was the better team and as stated before Dallas window was already closed or barely open to win anything substantial.
Say it one more time: Dak is one man. He does not block, is not the focus of the running game, and does not receive balls; all he does is take the step and throw the ball or hand it off. I tire of people beating up on him when the entire organization is at fault. He was at fault for that throw, but that was not the only 17 up yesterday by the Cowboys.

They should take a good look at the Ravens. They have found out what happens when you build up your running game.

Last edited:

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
You’re wrong……they have more than enough room to sign players they just chose not to do that
All teams are under the cap. The cap is more than a number on paper. And rare, if ever, do players sign 1 year deals. They are under the cap this season, they also didnt know how much it would take to sign Dak or Lamb nor do they know how much its going to take to sign parsons.

It was known before the season that this was not going to be an all-in season. They said this prior to the year starting. So while they do have cap space this season... making 3-4 signs this year to use up that space this season, might have made them better... it is going to use up space in future years as well and could keep them from signing or re-signing guys they feel are better fits. In the NFL. You cant go for it every year... and again the cowboys have gone for it for a extended period of time... this was going to be a season where b/c of the contracts, they dont have the talent they once had... and they were going to need their stars to step up. So far, that hasnt gone well.

All that said.... the cowboys have never been cheap on the cap.. and they are also in the top 10 in the league on how much money they already have committeed to the cap for the next 3-4 seasons I believe.

Last edited:

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Say it one more time: Dak is one man. He does not block, is not the focus of the running game, and does not receive balls; all he does is take the step and throw the ball or hand it off. I tire of people beating up on him when the entire organization is at fault. He was at fault for that throw, but that was not the only 17 up yesterday by the Cowboys.

That should take a good look at the ravens. They have found out what happens when you really build up your running game.
Yep he's one man. Totally agree. But to win important games, your best players have to play their best when thats required of them. When your best player makes key mistakes or does not play well. Its hard to over come that Especially when referring to the QB and the NFL.

That said, I do agree. They lions are by far the better team and by far better coached. And as stated before, the cowboys window to win is over. Dak can play great and they arent a super bowl team, nor will they be for the next 2-3 seasons. Hence why signing Dak to the deal they did, made zero sense. Would have made more sense to me, to go all in this season, and then let him walk. Or trade him last season and re-coup some draft picks. But thats just my opnion.

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023
All teams are under the cap. The cap is more than a number on paper. And rare, if ever, do players sign 1 year deals. They are under the cap this season, they also didnt know how much it would take to sign Dak or Lamb nor do they know how much its going to take to sign parsons.

It was known before the season that this was not going to be an all-in season. They said this prior to the year starting. So while they do have cap space this season... making 3-4 signs this year to use up that space this season, might have made them better... it is going to use up space in future years as well and could keep them from signing or re-signing guys they feel are better fits. In the NFL. You cant go for it every year... and again the cowboys have gone for it for a extended period of time... this was going to be a season where b/c of the contracts, they dont have the talent they once had... and they were going to need their stars to step up. So far, that hasnt gone well.

All that said.... the cowboys have never been cheap on the cap.. and they are also in the top 10 in the league on how much money they already have committeed to the cap for the next 3-4 seasons I believe.
Jerry played the game and lost again, they both got every penny that they wanted, but he waited till the last minute to sign them therefore he was not able to go after a big free agent. Jerry loses every battle, but wants to wait till the last minute every time.

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023
Yep he's one man. Totally agree. But to win important games, your best players have to play their best when thats required of them. When your best player makes key mistakes or does not play well. Its hard to over come that Especially when referring to the QB and the NFL.

That said, I do agree. They lions are by far the better team and by far better coached. And as stated before, the cowboys window to win is over. Dak can play great and they arent a super bowl team, nor will they be for the next 2-3 seasons. Hence why signing Dak to the deal they did, made zero sense. Would have made more sense to me, to go all in this season, and then let him walk. Or trade him last season and re-coup some draft picks. But thats just my opnion.
The thing called a new trade clause. Shows further you don’t understand this situation, they let him walk and a franchise quarterback leaves your team and all you get is a third round pick. That would be beyond stupid

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Jerry played the game and lost again, they both got every penny that they wanted, but he waited till the last minute to sign them therefore he was not able to go after a big free agent. Jerry loses every battle, but wants to wait till the last minute every time.
That is the big problem, in a nutshell, Jerry. Should've, would've, could've. I love listening to Monday morning quarterbacks, especially about Dallas.

It's hard to rise and lead your team to victory when everybody is shitting the bed. I love how Dak should've made them a better team every game. They've given up a ton of points each game since last year in the playoffs.

Detroit has become a much better team. Their coach is hot, and the Talking Heads love everything that man does.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The thing called a new trade clause. Shows further you don’t understand this situation, they let him walk and a franchise quarterback leaves your team and all you get is a third round pick. That would be beyond stupid
No I entirely understand the situation. Cowboy fan long before dak walked in.

I said option 1 was to trade him last season. Minnesota let cousins walk and they are doing just fine. Tampa lost the GOAT in Brady and they are doing just fine.

Trading him and getting draft picks would have been a great way to go. However given the options of letting him walk or paying what they paid… walking would have been the better option..

Go do what they did. Go find darnold or mayfield. Or someone that has slipped thru the cracks. Pay them Pennie’s on the dollar.. and surround them with elite talent because you aren’t paying a quarterback that has won 2 playoff games record money…btw that’s the same thing Dallas did when they named dak the starter and moved on from romo

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

I said option 1 was to trade him last season. Minnesota let cousins walk and they are doing just fine. Tampa lost the GOAT in Brady and they are doing just fine.

Trading him and getting draft picks would have been a great way to go. However given the options of letting him walk or paying what they paid… walking would have been the better option
I was honestly disappointed when I heard Dak signed his contract that morning. I was hoping he would have a chance to hit the open market. I don't give a crap about how much money he makes. I wish he were playing for another team. I used to like the Cowboys before Jerry came along. As of now, I don't see any way this might be a good place for Dak.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I was honestly disappointed when I heard Dak signed his contract that morning. I was hoping he would have a chance to hit the open market. I don't give a crap about how much money he makes. I wish he were playing for another team. I used to like the Cowboys before Jerry came along. As of now, I don't see any way this might be a good place for Dak.
The entire thing has ran its course. Harsh facts are for the next 3 season the roster will be less talented than it ever has over the course of daks career and there is nothing about daks play that leads anyone to believe he can over come that as a QB.

so his play will be middling and the record will be middling and there will be drama every turn of the way

I agree both sides should have moved on. But Jerry didn’t want a rebuild and Dallas was the only place that was going to give Dak record money

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023

Trading him and getting draft picks would have been a great way to go. However given the options of letting him walk or paying what they paid… walking would have been the better option..

Go do what they did. Go find darnold or mayfield. Or someone that has slipped thru the cracks. Pay them Pennie’s on the dollar.. and surround them with elite talent because you aren’t paying a quarterback that has won 2 playoff games record money…btw that’s the same thing Dallas did when they named dak the starter and moved on from romo
But trading him was not an option……clearly you don’t understand

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
m
OL is and has been very overrated. At least 3 years or more. No speed on offense. No athleticism on defense. It would take a huge trade to get draft picks but JerryInc wouldn’t cash in if they did. They’ve missed on talent for many many years. Coming to roost in a big way.
Dem Boyzzzz really need Taco Charlton.*****

Reactions: Anon1699920793

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023
The entire thing has ran its course. Harsh facts are for the next 3 season the roster will be less talented than it ever has over the course of daks career and there is nothing about daks play that leads anyone to believe he can over come that as a QB.

so his play will be middling and the record will be middling and there will be drama every turn of the way

I agree both sides should have moved on. But Jerry didn’t want a rebuild and Dallas was the only place that was going to give Dak record money
They are lacking in talent bc of too many draft misses, nothing to do with the price of the QB. They didn’t pay Dak much his first 5 years and they refused to use that money to go after free agents bc “we don’t need that bc we are great at drafting”. You see having to sign a big time FA s admitting failure in the draft and they refuse to do it

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I’m starting to think Jerry purposely sabotaged Dak because he wanted the max and wouldn’t take less. The roster, especially offensively is awful and CD can be neutralized. It’s the only thing that makes sense.
Jerral is dumb as a stump, but the draft and trades have been terrible for way too long. No running back, the only WR is an overpaid baby and the defense done for.

Dan Quinn was the glue. Look how good the foreskins have gotten in one year.

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023
Look at all of the coaches Dak has had over the years. The only one that’s hanging on by a thread is the Philly OC. Jerry has hired terrible coaches over and over since he fired Jimmy

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
They are lacking in talent bc of too many draft misses, nothing to do with the price of the QB. They didn’t pay Dak much his first 5 years and they refused to use that money to go after free agents bc “we don’t need that bc we are great at drafting”. You see having to sign a big time FA s admitting failure in the draft and they refuse to do it
they hit on lamb, they hit on parsons. Arguably two of the best players at their positions. I could name more but I feel like most can go look them up.

they only fault they had draft wise is never drafted high because Jerry was always putting a competitive product on the field.

they spent the money during the dak years on the best offensive line in football. Cooper. Zeke. They also spent it one season to amass the leagues best defense but couldn’t win with that either

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
That is the big problem, in a nutshell, Jerry. Should've, would've, could've. I love listening to Monday morning quarterbacks, especially about Dallas.

It's hard to rise and lead your team to victory when everybody is shitting the bed. I love how Dak should've made them a better team every game. They've given up a ton of points each game since last year in the playoffs.

Detroit has become a much better team. Their coach is hot, and the Talking Heads love everything that man does.
Brad Sham and the radio team were fawning all over the guy on the pre-game show. He’s who Dallas needs to hire. But there’s no chance of Jerral doing that.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Not sure how I can explain this any better. He had a no trade clause in that contract as well as this one. So no it was not an option. Options were let him walk for a 3rd round pick or sign him
Yes I understand. Lots of players have them and waive them. they Just want control of where they are going. it wasn’t impossible to do, just needed his blessing.

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023

LOL do you even watch the CB…… Dak was not a FA QB. Romo got hurt and Dak was playing better despite Romo’s attitude and Romo lost the locker room as well as his job

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023
Yes I understand. Lots of players have them and waive them. they Just want control of where they are going. it wasn’t impossible to do, just needed his blessing.
LOL like I said not an option. Why would Dak even agree to that? Answer…..he wouldn’t and he made that clear. He had all the leverage. Get the deal done early and you could have had Henry and a DT that could stop the run as well as Tyrone Smith

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
LOL do you even watch the CB…… Dak was not a FA QB. Romo got hurt and Dak was playing better despite Romo’s attitude and Romo lost the locker room as well as his job
I’m dealing with a moron obviously. Dak wasn’t a free agent. But they made the move to a cut the cost at quarterback and keep talent around the qb. Romo didn’t lose the locker room.

Dallas letting dak walk and getting a 3rd round pick would be very similar to what Minnesota did… and even what Tampa did when they lost Brady. Both those organizations survived when their high dollar QB left.

anyone that thinks Dallas is better off with dak and this contract is entitled to their opinions…daks going to have to play better than he’s played over his career to make that pay off. The way this season has started, that doesn’t seem likely

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023
Nothii is big to do with cost
I’m dealing with a moron obviously. Dak wasn’t a free agent. But they made the move to a cut the cost at quarterback and keep talent around the qb. Romo didn’t lose the locker room.

Dallas letting dak walk and getting a 3rd round pick would be very similar to what Minnesota did… and even what Tampa did when they lost Brady. Both those organizations survived when their high dollar QB left.

anyone that thinks Dallas is better off with dak and this contract is entitled to their opinions…daks going to have to play better than he’s played over his career to make that pay off. The way this season has started, that doesn’t seem likely
Wrong again, had Dak not played well Romo would have stayed at starting QB

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
LOL like I said not an option. Why would Dak even agree to that? Answer…..he wouldn’t and he made that clear. He had all the leverage. Get the deal done early and you could have had Henry and a DT that could stop the run as well as Tyrone Smith
Last season. If Dallas made it clear they had no intentions of paying dak. And he could either play out the franchise years or they could try to trade him somewheee he wanted to go….. you can say all you want that dak wouldn’t agree… but I think he would

Tyrone smith could never afford. Henry was a pipe dream. Henry has said many times Baltimore was his first choice.

but again, another paper gm here that thinks he’s playing madden on the video game. Dallas as built it every way they possible could in this window. They haven’t won. Jerry jones deserves tons of credit for putting together some very good rosters for a long window of time. The windows is now closed. The minute lamb and dak got their contracts, Dallas went all in on super stars at the expense of the team. Which is fine. But their superstars need to be superstars… and so far… one is hurt… and the other two aren’t playing anything near superstar level

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023

Yeah New England has been great since Brady left…….do you even think before you hit send? Elite play call in Minnesota helps but it’s early. Yiu don’t know anything about how it will turn out in Minnesota

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

Romo was injured and due a big contract. Dak did play well, and the money saved by changing to dak let the cowboys put an awfully talented roster around a young QB

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Yeah New England has been great since Brady left…….do you even think before you hit send? Elite play call in Minnesota helps but it’s early. Yiu don’t know anything about how it will turn out in Minnesota
Elite play calling in Minnesota. Riiiiiight

who said anything about New England. I said Tampa. Learn to read.

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023

Romo was injured and due a big contract. Dak did play well, and the money saved by changing to dak let the cowboys put an awfully talented roster around a young QB
Cool story, but the most talented roster he played offensively was the 2016 roster. More PB last year but that 2016 roster was loaded on the OL RB and receiver.

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023
Last season. If Dallas made it clear they had no intentions of paying dak. And he could either play out the franchise years or they could try to trade him somewheee he wanted to go….. you can say all you want that dak wouldn’t agree… but I think he would

Tyrone smith could never afford. Henry was a pipe dream. Henry has said many times Baltimore was his first choice.

but again, another paper gm here that thinks he’s playing madden on the video game. Dallas as built it every way they possible could in this window. They haven’t won. Jerry jones deserves tons of credit for putting together some very good rosters for a long window of time. The windows is now closed. The minute lamb and dak got their contracts, Dallas went all in on super stars at the expense of the team. Which is fine. But their superstars need to be superstars… and so far… one is hurt… and the other two aren’t playing anything near superstar level
Henry was willing to take less money to be in Dallas because his house is in Dallas. Like seriously, do you follow them at all?

Anon1699920793

Nov 13, 2023
Elite play calling in Minnesota. Riiiiiight

who said anything about New England. I said Tampa. Learn to read.
Oh yeah but that’s what NE did. How’s that going? Tom had lost it when he left TB………just another terrible take. Brady also has wasn’t getting paid much bc he had a rich wife

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Henry was willing to take less money to be in Dallas because his house is in Dallas. Like seriously, do you follow them at all?
Really. Where did you see Henry say that? All I’ve heard Henry say is as soon as Baltimore gets as interested he knew that’s where he wanted to be?

can you please share that quote that Henry said he’d take less to play in Dallas?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login