Bally Sports RSNs headed for bankruptcy

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
Hopefully the Braves and Cardinals will be easier to watch going forward.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
I hope the leagues can somehow get out of the blackout rules and allow streaming on their established platforms. Mainly NBA league pass.

Reactions: klong-dog

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Yeah, I'm not sure what they were charging Comcast and other cable companies to carry their channels, but now that YouTubeTV has refused to carry them for a few years, it had to be big money. Then they roll out their individual streaming plan that costs $20/mo for a few regional sports channels? I've been thinking for a while now that this wasn't going to end well for them

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I'm not sure how it will play out this year, but MLB should have paid out whatever it took to get YTTV, etc. to offer the regional sports networks. Last season I had to choose between dropping YTTV and watching the Braves, and YTTV won out. MLB is not in a position to be losing fans.

Reactions: ll Martain ll

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I'm not sure how it will play out this year, but MLB should have paid out whatever it took to get YTTV, etc. to offer the regional sports networks. Last season I had to choose between dropping YTTV and watching the Braves, and YTTV won out. MLB is not in a position to be losing fans.
I was in the same boat. I am not paying an additional $20 a month to watch the Braves and Pelicans. Hopefully YTTV will get everything back soon.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
I used to watch the Braves almost every night but I simply cannot afford it anymore.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I hope the leagues can somehow get out of the blackout rules and allow streaming on their established platforms. Mainly NBA league pass.
Agreed. MLB and NBA have archaic blackout rules that really prevent them from reaching viewers in their own home team areas.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Sinclair just agreed to carriage of their networks on FUBOtv and their package rates immediately increased by nearly $15 bucks.

I love the Braves but I’m currently on YTTV. I chose that because it was the best streaming package at a fair price. I couldn’t see paying DIRECTV stream nearly 90 bucks a month. And if YTTV were to raise their rates above $70 I am not sticking with them either.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Agreed. MLB and NBA have archaic blackout rules that really prevent them from reaching viewers in their own home team areas.
I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but I live 2 hrs from Memphis, and here’s what I’ve had to go through to watch Grizzlies games

1. YTTV drops regional channels, so I looked at BallySports
2. BallySports would give us Mavs games based on our location(of course, because giving us access to a team 5 hrs away rather than one that’s 2 hrs away makes perfect sense)
3. We subscribe to NBA League Pass
4. Grizz games are blacked out on our League Pass subscription because “Grizz games are being broadcast on a local network”
5. As previously mentioned, Grizz games are in fact NOT broadcast on any local options
6. I subscribe to a VPN service so that I can hide my IP address so that League Pass can’t see that I’m in a location that doesn’t actually even show Grizz games…
7. Finally, I can watch games of a team that’s 2 hrs away

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but I live 2 hrs from Memphis, and here’s what I’ve had to go through to watch Grizzlies games

1. YTTV drops regional channels, so I looked at BallySports
2. BallySports would give us Mavs games based on our location(of course, because giving us access to a team 5 hrs away rather than one that’s 2 hrs away makes perfect sense)
3. We subscribe to NBA League Pass
4. Grizz games are blacked out on our League Pass subscription because “Grizz games are being broadcast on a local network”
5. As previously mentioned, Grizz games are in fact NOT broadcast on any local options
6. I subscribe to a VPN service so that I can hide my IP address so that League Pass can’t see that I’m in a location that doesn’t actually even show Grizz games…
7. Finally, I can watch games of a team that’s 2 hrs away
Yeah it’s ridiculous. The same thing applies to MLB. If you’re in the home team footprint of your local team, you’re 17ed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login