Bama Carnage continues

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Hate To See It GIF

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
And Ohio state is spending money like gang busters. That Michigan NC got the alumni fired up.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Forgot. Let me correct that. The SEC is setting up nicely for Kiffin. That sucks. Or, is Ole Miss worse off with these Bama guys leaving?
I thought the same thing. Since we don’t play Bama and have no chance at finishing in the top 2, I’d like to have as many good SEC teams in between OM and that championship as possible.

• Angry
Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I thought the same thing. Since we don’t play Bama and have no chance at finishing in the top 2, I’d like to have as many good SEC teams in between OM and that championship as possible.
Ole miss is going to have to finish ahead of Texas and GA. Don't count Bama, LsU, Tenn and OU out of the running. It's not going to be as easy as it looks.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Ole miss is going to have to finish ahead of Texas and GA. Don't count Bama, LsU, Tenn and OU out of the running. It's not going to be as easy as it looks.
uga will always have a spot. Everyone else is fighting for the other spot.

Reactions: GloryDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Did I miss something, I thought you just had to be in the top 12...OM should finish in the top 12
["The 12-team format will feature, in order, the top four conference champions, (probably the P4 winners) followed by some combination of the top six at-large bids and two highest-ranked remaining conference champions."] So that makes six conference champions get in next season. That only leaves six spots. Let's assume that GA, FSU, Michigan and Utah win the P4. Then two G5 Champions. The playoff committee will have to pick the final six from, Bama, Tenn, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas, OU, Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, Oregon, USC, Clemson, Kansas State and Ok State. Also some crazy team you don't expect like a TCU.

Personally, I feel schedule is going to play a big part going forwards. They are going to do all they can to get the Big Boys in before they go out on a limb to get Ole Miss in. NY Six bowls mean more going forwards, so the committee is going to select more carefully.

MidsouthDawg

Aug 1, 2017
According to ncaa.com
The new 12-team College Football Playoff field will include the six highest-ranked conference champions, which will receive automatic bids. The top four teams will receive a first-round bye to the quarterfinals. The six highest-ranked teams remaining will round out the 12-team format.

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
Did I miss something, I thought you just had to be in the top 12...OM should finish in the top 12
Well as is expected from SPS the topic has wandered from where it started. The original point was that the SEC west was wide open now for OM. When the poster was reminded that the divisions no longer existed, he switched it to “ok well the SEC is wide open for OM”. And then it was the top two which was in relation to playing for in the SEC championship game. Now evidently everyone has forgotten the original discussion and it’s just morphed into them making the playoff.

so yeah OM is national champs

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Well as is expected from SPS the topic has wandered from where it started. The original point was that the SEC west was wide open now for OM. When the poster was reminded that the divisions no longer existed, he switched it to “ok well the SEC is wide open for OM”. And then it was the top two which was in relation to playing for in the SEC championship game. Now evidently everyone has forgotten the original discussion and it’s just morphed into them making the playoff.

so yeah OM is national champs
So in summation, Ole Miss is making a Final Four in men’s and women’s.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
There "was" a West. That's true. Ole Miss with Kiffin ending up as a top 3-4 SEC team doesn't help State at all. We don't compete with Bama for MS recruits.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
There "was" a West. That's true. Ole Miss with Kiffin ending up as a top 3-4 SEC team doesn't help State at all. We don't compete with Bama for MS recruits.

We don't compete with Ole Miss much either, lately.

Reactions: patdog

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The "Alabama Carnage" is way overblown. They've lost Downs and a couples guys that play but that's about it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They struggled to beat us in our worst year since Croom. That **** is also overblown.
Like I said, most of us don't even realize what's happening. They're currently on the best 3-year stretch since 1959-1962, and showing no signs of slowing down. Meanwhile, we've sunk to celebrating moral Egg Bowl moral victories in losing seasons.

Last edited:

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
As much as some don't want to admit it, this is the sad truth. We are being left behind and most of our fans are too stupid to even realize it.
What does "too stupid" mean? They won't get a second mortgage on their house to fund the NIL? Sell a kidney? Sell a kid? Change their personal lifestyle in any way to pour money into a bucket of unknown depth and quality?

This all looks to me like a rush to try to hit NIL hard in year 1 in the hopes of creating enough momentum to somehow fund it long term. I think it's going to all settle down and the market for players will find some generally accepted value. It's like the underage kid who had to sneak beers forever and turns 21. There will be a few blackout drunk nights maybe but he can't live that way.

patdog

May 28, 2007
What does "too stupid" mean? They won't get a second mortgage on their house to fund the NIL? Sell a kidney? Sell a kid? Change their personal lifestyle in any way to pour money into a bucket of unknown depth and quality?

This all looks to me like a rush to try to hit NIL hard in year 1 in the hopes of creating enough momentum to somehow fund it long term. I think it's going to all settle down and the market for players will find some generally accepted value. It's like the underage kid who had to sneak beers forever and turns 21. There will be a few blackout drunk nights maybe but he can't live that way.
Too stupid to even realize that Mississippi beating us by only 7 doesn't mean they aren't miles ahead of us. Too stupid to realize that even a modest $50/month NIL contribution (that can easily be offset by a reduction in Bulldog Club contributions) could go a surprising way towards at least keeping us somewhat competitive (which is all we've ever really been in the SEC anyway).

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Too stupid to even realize that Mississippi beating us by only 7 doesn't mean they aren't miles ahead of us. Too stupid to realize that even a modest $50/month NIL contribution (that can easily be offset by a reduction in Bulldog Club contributions) could go a surprising way towards at least keeping us somewhat competitive (which is all we've ever really been in the SEC anyway).
One thing is certain. There are 132 teams that will not win the natty next year no matter how much they spend. There are 121 teams that will not make the playoff no matter how much they spend. My theory is that rich people don’t get rich, and stay that way, by making consistently bad financial decisions. I think the all in sellout to NIL will abate in relatively short order once they realize it did not get them what they wanted.

patdog

May 28, 2007
One thing is certain. There are 132 teams that will not win the natty next year no matter how much they spend. There are 121 teams that will not make the playoff no matter how much they spend. My theory is that rich people don’t get rich, and stay that way, by making consistently bad financial decisions. I think the all in sellout to NIL will abate in relatively short order once they realize it did not get them what they wanted.
It's getting Mississippi exactly what they want. Of course, they won't win a national title. But good chance they make the playoffs next year. It's money well spent. If you think NIL is going to go away in a few years, you're living in a fantasy world. It's going to get worse.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login