Bama Carnage continues

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Like I said, most of us don't even realize what's happening. They're currently on the best 3-year stretch since 1959-1962, and showing no signs of slowing down. Meanwhile, we've sunk to celebrating moral Egg Bowl moral victories in losing seasons.
They were gifted the easiest schedules the SEC could offer too. No wins against Alabama or UGA still. If we had their schedules, we'd look a lot better too. That **** will change soon. This is their last big shot and why they've broken the bank to go all in. And they'll still lose to UGA, but that schedule is EZ. Don't pretend we haven't beaten them in that stretch either. Stop being a POOR OLE STATE fan. Hell, we probably beat them this year if Leach doesn't die.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It's getting Mississippi exactly what they want. Of course, they won't win a national title. But good chance they make the playoffs next year. It's money well spent. If you think NIL is going to go away in a few years, you're living in a fantasy world. It's going to get worse.
You don't think all of these big money donors who have been convinced that they need to pour a gazillion dollars into NIL this year to make it happen won't reconsider when it does happen? I just can't see people pouring money into an bucket with a hole in it indefinitely. I can see NIL evolving to where there is some general idea of what good players cost at each position and settling out a bit. Unless there is some way for NIL contributions to be manipulated to be tax write offs, I don't see it.

Big money in CFB comes from media rights agreements and that does not flow to NIL. This is where it is way different from the NFL. An NFL owner has all of the income from the organization at his disposal to allocate as he sees fit, but even he is not annually putting his personal wealth at risk on his franchise. It is a business that throws more wealth his way.

No business man that I know puts his personal wealth in peril. He spends via partnerships to make money/get tax benefits and provide protection for his personal wealth, or add to it. These major donors to NIL, to my knowledge, don't have any tax benefits, nor do they stand to gain in any appreciable way other than potentially bragging rights? Am I missing some payback to them that makes sense long term? (and I very well may be)

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They struggled to beat us in our worst year since Croom. That **** is also overblown.
This always goes up and down and back-and-forth. Things will change if you just wait.

true detective mel GIF

And then they will change again.

Reactions: The Cooterpoot
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login