Bandon Presley out of Tupelo - Seems like an interesting candidate for Governor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Good to get name recognition for down the road, but Tate has it locked up this round and Delbert the next round (if he wants it). MS's demographic will continue to shift and eventually a democrat will be a viable state-wide candidate. I'm talking 15-20 years or more.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Good to get name recognition for down the road, but Tate has it locked up this round and Delbert the next round (if he wants it). MS's demographic will continue to shift and eventually a democrat will be a viable state-wide candidate. I'm talking 15-20 years or more.
Not if they don’t distance themselves from the far left.

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
Look, I know what everyone here thinks about Democrats especially in the South, especially in Mississippi. This guy seems to get it, when I see what he is putting out on Twitter.
I think he will be a solid candidate, is getting big democrat $$, and other 👎Tate hating republicans will vote for him. He should dump the Medicaid issue though. Tate/ Bryant corruption is the play there for him.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Delbert is in his late 70s now. Personally I’d rather not have a governor starting his first term at 80 years old. But we’ll need a good candidate or I worry that opens the door for someone like McDaniels to make a real run.

I haven’t really researched Presley but can’t see him doing any better than Jim Hood did. He’s popular here in north MS but rest of the state doesn’t seem to know who he is.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Delbert is in his late 70s now. Personally I’d rather not have a governor starting his first term at 80 years old. But we’ll need a good candidate or I worry that opens the door for someone like McDaniels to make a real run.

I haven’t really researched Presley but can’t see him doing any better than Jim Hood did. He’s popular here in north MS but rest of the state doesn’t seem to know who he is.
If he has a D by his name, it doesn’t matter how center of the road his policies are, He will be tied to the Far Left Communists in that Party. As he should be. If you want to be a Democrat, claim it all the way! You ARE what you ARE by association in politics.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Dude needs to run as an independent if he wants any chance at winning.
Piss poor name recognition, I don't care who the fifth cousin is.
Tate beat Jim Hood who had more money and a much more visible public service record by over 5%. He'll destroy this guy.
Ain't no Big $ Dems throwing money at a state wide race in Mississippi. They'll give some for show, but he's not going to have 20% of what Tate could spend to win.
He won't be able to run his messaging through the GOP controlled state media machine and the turn out is going to be incredibly low.
Tate's got this locked down.

p8569678_i_h9_ab.jpg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Not if they don’t distance themselves from the far left.
What I mean is shifting demographics. The African American population in MS increased by 2% from 2010 to 2020 to almost 40%, while the population as a whole decreased. So another 2% increase over the next decade, then another 2% increase over the next decade puts the African American percentage close to 45%. That'd be enough to make state-wide elections interesting, as a percentage (10-20%) of white voters are going to vote democrat. African Americans vote democratic 75% of the time.

I think the "brain drain" out of MS is also going to pick up dramatically over the coming years.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
What about Phillip Gunn? Any other viable candidates?

• Wow
Reactions: Fishsqeezer

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
What I mean is shifting demographics. The African American population in MS increased by 2% from 2010 to 2020 to almost 40%, while the population as a whole decreased. So another 2% increase over the next decade, then another 2% increase over the next decade puts the African American percentage close to 45%. That'd be enough to make state-wide elections interesting, as a percentage (10-20%) of white voters are going to vote democrat. African Americans vote democratic 75% of the time.

I think the "brain drain" out of MS is also going to pick up dramatically over the coming years.

I don't want to like your comment but I'm in 100 percent agreement with you here.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If he has a D by his name, it doesn’t matter how center of the road his policies are, He will be tied to the Far Left Communists in that Party. As he should be. If you want to be a Democrat, claim it all the way! You ARE what you ARE by association in politics.
That’s a pretty unfortunate way of looking at people. David Duke ran as a Republican Senate candidate in 2016. I wouldn’t assume that means Roger Wicker is in any way aligned with David Duke, but based on your logic, they should be.

Throwing the most extreme far right/left examples of a person’s party is just creating a boogeyman/strawman and exacerbates the divisive bullsнit we see daily.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Throwing the most extreme far right/left examples of a person’s party is just creating a boogeyman/strawman and exacerbates the divisive bullsнit we see daily.
And what's wrong with that, Dawgg?

This is still America, ain't it? with a little Confederacy thrown in for good measure... if you know what me and Tommy Tuberville mean.

Reactions: dorndawg

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006

It ain't gonna matter who wins in 4 - maybe 8 - years because of what you describe in your last sentence.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
That’s a pretty unfortunate way of looking at people. David Duke ran as a Republican Senate candidate in 2016. I wouldn’t assume that means Roger Wicker is in any way aligned with David Duke, but based on your logic, they should be.

I am a white, Christian, heterosexual, conservative, capitalistic, America loving, law enforcement backing, gun owning male. The Democratic party has shown nothing but animosity towards my "type" for the last 15 years and therefore I feel nothing but animosity for them.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018

And it will be all downhill from there. Look at Jackson and every single small city in Mississippi with a predominantly democratic population. Not pretty with no chance of recovery. When the democrats take over, the town dries up..much like this state will. People will move because of the inevitable poor decisions. It happened to my home town.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

bankerbullie

Mar 3, 2008
Look, I know what everyone here thinks about Democrats especially in the South, especially in Mississippi. This guy seems to get it, when I see what he is putting out on Twitter.
do a good job researching before voting for Brandon..we are friends for a very long time, but he is dyed to the wool democrat..if you listen to his campaign promises, he sounds just like Biden,(he will change this day one, etc) when he has absolutely no power to do any of it. The legislature in Mississippi holds all the power, and with a democrat governor, you will see liberal democrats appointed to every position in the state(think city of Jackson and their democratic governance)..with a super majority Republican legislature, a democrat has exactly zero chance of getting anything done(thankfully)

Reactions: Eleven Bravo

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
Any chance Delbert resigns after he is re-elected and another crony is appointed to fill the term? Grooming the next governor if Delbert is too old?

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Brandon Presley is a good dude. He graduated from State and moved home to Nettleton. He ran for mayor of a dying town and he brought it back to life. Yes, he is the second cousin of Elvis Presley. He maybe a Democrat, like many Southern Democrats he’s a physical conservative. He works with businesses, and believes in the little guy. Give him an ear. He’ll impress you.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016

We are a divided country and we always will be. But if you think conservatives are going to accept all the Satanic driven crap the Democrats have fallen in love with, sorry. It ain’t happening.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
I vote GOP nationally ( not a trumper ).
But I wish RFK Jr could be the Dem candidate instead of the senile ol man joe bidone. his cognitive functioning has severely failed him

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
I haven't read most of the comments, but I keep up with MS politics closely.....Brandon Presley has a less than 5% chance of winning IMO....Jim Hood had the best chance at beating Tater and couldn't....The no 1 issue MS (and most conservative democrats) have at the present moment, is they take money from the Democratic National Party, and have to tote that water pail....the national democratic party has gone bat siht, far-left crazy, and that makes it hard for normal democrats to do anything in conservative districts....

The only threat to Tater, is Tater himself....one thing to always remember about conservative republicans: they will step across and vote democrat just out of spite if you piss them off......but a democrat will never step across and vote republican if you piss them off...(ex the senator from Alabama before Tuberville)....

I wish Delbert was a little younger, this is his last rodeo and i like him a lot...

Chris McDaniel can go 17 himself....he is a piece of 17'in siht.....I'll never forget what he did to Thad Cochran in that race, and later the siht show he did while trying to change the state flag ......17 him....I would vote democrat over him (see what i did there?)

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
do a good job researching before voting for Brandon..we are friends for a very long time, but he is dyed to the wool democrat..if you listen to his campaign promises, he sounds just like Biden,(he will change this day one, etc) when he has absolutely no power to do any of it. The legislature in Mississippi holds all the power, and with a democrat governor, you will see liberal democrats appointed to every position in the state(think city of Jackson and their democratic governance)..with a super majority Republican legislature, a democrat has exactly zero chance of getting anything done(thankfully)
True words here banker. He's the kinda guy that pretends to be the smartest guy in the room when it's apparent he's not. Believe me, I've seen it.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Brandon Presley is a good dude. He graduated from State and moved home to Nettleton. He ran for mayor of a dying town and he brought it back to life. Yes, he is the second cousin of Elvis Presley. He maybe a Democrat, like many Southern Democrats he’s a physical conservative. He works with businesses, and believes in the little guy. Give him an ear. He’ll impress you.
Brought what back to life? Nettleton? You're shitting me, right? Same damn town it was 40 years ago. Tell me what's changed? Plus, he'd bend over backwards to lick a bead of sweat off Bennie Thompson's nut sack.

Fishsqeezer

Jan 3, 2023
I haven't read most of the comments, but I keep up with MS politics closely.....Brandon Presley has a less than 5% chance of winning IMO....Jim Hood had the best chance at beating Tater and couldn't....The no 1 issue MS (and most conservative democrats) have at the present moment, is they take money from the Democratic National Party, and have to tote that water pail....the national democratic party has gone bat siht, far-left crazy, and that makes it hard for normal democrats to do anything in conservative districts....

The only threat to Tater, is Tater himself....one thing to always remember about conservative republicans: they will step across and vote democrat just out of spite if you piss them off......but a democrat will never step across and vote republican if you piss them off...(ex the senator from Alabama before Tuberville)....

I wish Delbert was a little younger, this is his last rodeo and i like him a lot...

Chris McDaniel can go 17 himself....he is a piece of 17'in siht.....I'll never forget what he did to Thad Cochran in that race, and later the siht show he did while trying to change the state flag ......17 him....I would vote democrat over him (see what i did there?)
F democrat Delbert

• Haha
Reactions: vhdawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
what is a “physical “ conservative?
Olivia Newton-John GIF

Reactions: dorndawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
And it will be all downhill from there. Look at Jackson and every single small city in Mississippi with a predominantly democratic population. Not pretty with no chance of recovery. When the democrats take over, the town dries up..much like this state will. People will move because of the inevitable poor decisions. It happened to my home town.
It may be 20 years or more, but democrats will eventually take MS. The etires State will become Greenville (minus the tamales).

Reactions: M R DAWGS

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Does he believe in tax payer funded abortion and genital mutilation of children like other Democrats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login