Bandon Presley out of Tupelo - Seems like an interesting candidate for Governor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Presley has almost no chance. Would require some kind of massive scandal with Tate to leak out in the next couple of months.

I thought Hood had somewhat of a chance with how much Tate has pissed of teachers and others groups in 2019, but Tate still won by like 45,000 votes.

Lord help us if Chris McDaniel is elected governor in 2023 or any point after. I’m a Jones County product and an Conservative, and I can tell you that guy is a SNAKE.

was21

May 29, 2007
Look, I know what everyone here thinks about Democrats especially in the South, especially in Mississippi. This guy seems to get it, when I see what he is putting out on Twitter.
Most voters in this state simply look for the (R) after the name and that's the way they vote. Their thinking doesn't go beyond their eyesight. Presley has all the right ideas about what the state of Mississippi needs. That's why he won't win.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
That’s a pretty unfortunate way of looking at people. David Duke ran as a Republican Senate candidate in 2016. I wouldn’t assume that means Roger Wicker is in any way aligned with David Duke, but based on your logic, they should be.

Throwing the most extreme far right/left examples of a person’s party is just creating a boogeyman/strawman and exacerbates the divisive bullsнit we see daily.
David Duke is one person and it is hard to extrapolate data from 1 of 1. It would be EASY to name 100 democrats in power today that your average Joe or Jill would be impossible to relate with.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
It may be 20 years or more, but democrats will eventually take MS. The etires State will become Greenville (minus the tamales).

And like i said before, when that happens, if any of you old farts are still around, you or your descendants will eventually move out of MS.

• Haha
Reactions: ckDOG

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
Look, I know what everyone here thinks about Democrats especially in the South, especially in Mississippi. This guy seems to get it, when I see what he is putting out on Twitter.
The comments and lack of knowledge of the election are sad - like asking for good candidates way after the filing deadline while we’re getting close to the primaries. Good grief.

Witcher is a R running against Reeves that is big MAGA. He’s big against the vaccine mandates. He’s an option for a protest vote.

The issue with being just dead set against any D no matter what is that there is no competition for new ideas. Then the party in power becomes a non responsive grift machine. There are all sorts of issues where popular opinion would indicate support for an issue where our monolithic party will not move - take ballot initiative for one. It would do some good for a few Rs to feel like if they don’t respond to what the public wants on meaningful issues they might lose an election. When you convince yourself that all Ds are satan loving groomers, there is no way to consider mainstream ideas from perfectly reasonable candidates.

I’m not suggesting abandoning R party. But take a look at individual candidate’s position and at least consider if they might be an alternative. They might have an idea your might lobby your preferred candidate to implement. It’ll make for better elections.

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
What I mean is shifting demographics. The African American population in MS increased by 2% from 2010 to 2020 to almost 40%, while the population as a whole decreased. So another 2% increase over the next decade, then another 2% increase over the next decade puts the African American percentage close to 45%. That'd be enough to make state-wide elections interesting, as a percentage (10-20%) of white voters are going to vote democrat. African Americans vote democratic 75% of the time.

I think the "brain drain" out of MS is also going to pick up dramatically over the coming years.
You mention brain drain. That’s a very real and huge problem right now. Is there a candidate with policies that might help that? What policies do you think could slow or reverse this?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You mention brain drain. That’s a very real and huge problem right now. Is there a candidate with policies that might help that? What policies do you think could slow or reverse this?
I would sell out to get as much higher level manufacturing as possible. Nissan and Toyota are both great, let's see what else we can get. Large plants give low and high skilled employees a place to work. Leverage Desoto Co, H'burg, the Coast, Golden Triage, central MS and Tupelo as much as possible.

Open up the Delta for MJ production, even if it can't be sold here, we have lots of great land to build greenhouses on and grow it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You doomsaying boomers are beyond annoying.
I'd love to be wrong. Unlike most, I'm not beholden to any political party (I hate them all). If who I voted for doesn't get elected, I hope the person elected does a great job and is the most successful ever. I didn't vote for Joe (I probably didn't vote at all because in MS your POTUS vote is meaningless), but I hope Joe turns it around and finishes strong.

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
Sell out for manufacturing? You mean provide even greater subsidies than MS provides to places like Continental?
Which Rs are for industrial scale MJ farming? Seems like it might be easier to get Ds to be for such.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Really great discussion here. I’ve narrowed my write in to Frank Melton or Harvey Johnson. Will really hinge on whether it’s betrayal to vote for someone alive

Reactions: ckDOG

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
It may be 20 years or more, but democrats will eventually take MS. The etires State will become Greenville (minus the tamales).
nope. next generation immigrants are conservative and the future elimination of state income tax will attack more conservatives. reparations in insane states will continue to gain steam and attract those that are mobile

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Call it genital mutilation if you want, but it's part of God's covenant with believers. I mean, it's in the damn BIBLE, you UNCUT godless barbarian.
Sorry. No longer required. A Savior was born, died, defeated death and rose alive from the grave, then ascended to the Father’s side to petition for our sake, even with foreskin still attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login