Baseball Buy/Sell.....

Reb92

Mar 3, 2008
You guys will be there when it counts - As much as I hate to admit it...It will happen.

rebel law

Jun 4, 2007
Think you are replying to the wrong post. There is no doubt that Pigott would be a weekend starter for every SEC program. I think we have the deepest staff in the SEC and I think he would start on Sunday's for us. The debate was really just me, pat, and goat shooting the **** on who would we take between Satterwhite and Pigott, which is really just an objectionable opinion. We have always had trouble hitting Pigott (as has most everybody) and I am sure it will be the same this year. He doesn't strike out that many, but he doesn't walk anybody and hardly anybody gets alot of bat on the ball.

Burke Masters

Jun 3, 2007
You can do a better job of keeping hitters off balance (in my opinion) by switching up the type of pitchers you throw. If I had a rotation that consisted of Lynn, Pigott, and Satterwhite: I'd throw Lynn of Friday, Pigott on Saturday, and Satterwhite on Sunday. Not because Pigott is better, but because I am now throwing a finesse, crafty left hander between two right handed guys that stay in the 90's. I think this would do a great job of keeping hitters off balance with the contrast in pitching styles.

But like I said, this is just what I would do.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
The Lord Humongous said:
...to fill out the mid-week rotation.

</p>

Irwin is a decent midweek guy, but by the end of the year, he probably won't be getting midweek starts. Bukvich isn't completely healthy yet. When he's back healthy, he'll probably get a lot of midweek starts. McKean may end up being the other guy, unless Pomeranz moves up to being a starter. If that happens, either he or Baker will draw the 2nd midweek start. We have a lot of talented arms, so it's going to take Bianco a couple months to iron out who pitches best in what roles.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login