Baseball scrimmages…

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Really no way to sugarcoat it. The pitching was horrible during the scrimmages. Lineup should be good. Maybe things will click with the staff when the season starts.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Foxhall will have to piss or get off the pot this year. He just doesn't impress me. No development, and in a lot of cases, massive regression. Between coaching, and lack of talent recruited, we are in a bind on the mound. We should have thrown a truckload of money at the Air Force pitcher that ended up at LSU. But we naively thought he'd come to State because of the atmosphere at Dudy Noble

Reactions: rankindog86

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
we suck again GIF

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Hearing that the last place prediction is well deserved. Going to be a very bad year unfortunately.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
Really no way to sugarcoat it. The pitching was horrible during the scrimmages. Lineup should be good. Maybe things will click with the staff when the season starts.
Who is pitching in the scrimmages? Our top pitchers or the bottom guys fighting for a roster spot?

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Meh - too early to be overly concerned.

Just as long as we don't have to listen to the guy who keeps saying "lemonheads." That would be unacceptable.

Reactions: NTDawg

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Do you suppose that the scrimmage pitching woes might be at least partly due to good hitting? But no, let's just assume the worst. We are doomed.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
If our pitchers were winning scrimmages 1-0, we would have another reason to worry.
I saw some scrimmage scores that were 5-0, 7-0, 9-2. I’d say somebody was doing some pitching.

Reactions: drumrcraig

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
When we’re 7-5 after our first 12 - are we going to live off that NC still and say give him time? Then again after 10-20 in SEC play?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Who can actually sit through a scrimmage or practive of any kind anyway? I couldn't watch a practice or scrimmage through my kitchen window if I was washing dishes

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
My 13 yr old was ready to fire everybody last year - his comment was something like: you don’t win a NC one year and go to last place the next

I explained that a step back was inevitable given the recent success - he fired back that he understood that but last place and no postseason is unacceptable at MSU

he then asked a philosophical question about money - said Lemonis earned the salary after winning the NC and did I think after finishing last should it return to pre NC salary

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
My 13 yr old was ready to fire everybody last year - his comment was something like: you don’t win a NC one year and go to last place the next

I explained that a step back was inevitable given the recent success - he fired back that he understood that but last place and no postseason is unacceptable at MSU

he then asked a philosophical question about money - said Lemonis earned the salary after winning the NC and did I think after finishing last should it return to pre NC salary
Are you suggesting that MSU athletic's should be taking their advice from a 13 year old?

• Haha
Reactions: Perd Hapley

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I'm fully prepared to suck in baseball given that we're about to see both the men and women in the tournament and we just had a 9 win season in football. That's all the injuns can stomach.
Yep, I've been thinking similar things too. Sports God always comes back to make sure STATE fans don't get extended satisfaction and he usually takes more than he gives us. But I'm hoping the arms will come along and The Diamond Dogs will do well.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

How many accounts does your boy have on here?

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

patdog

May 28, 2007

He's not wrong. It's really embarrassing that this was the SECOND time we've gone from the CWS finals to last place in the last decade.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Is this info based on actual in person observation or on hearsay?

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Are you suggesting that MSU athletic's should be taking their advice from a 13 year old?
no, but if the shoe fits

the kid despises mediocrity - I won’t temper that trait - it pushes him to work his *** off to pursue his dream - to play college baseball at the highest level

will he? I don’t know, but I don’t know many 13 year olds that pack their meals each night for school and are up at 4am each morning to go lift before school and then want to work on other stuff after his team stuff is over at night

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
It depends on whether Ole Miss wins another one or not.**
Does anyone else feel that OM winning a Baseball National Championship cheapens ours. If someone else, say Southern Miss or a group of five school had won it would be a great underdog story but the fact that that bunch of pompass pricks won one makes ours feel cheapened to me. If they can win it when they really didn’t even belong in the tournament, it’s not about being the best team, it’s about being lucky.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
He's not wrong. It's really embarrassing that this was the SECOND time we've gone from the CWS finals to last place in the last decade.
I don't recall us finishing last place in the SEC (if that's what you meant) in 2014. I know we were in a regional that year.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Does anyone else feel that OM winning a Baseball National Championship cheapens ours. If someone else, say Southern Miss or a group of five school had won it would be a great underdog story but the fact that that bunch of pompass pricks won one makes ours feel cheapened to me. If they can win it when they really didn’t even belong in the tournament, it’s not about being the best team, it’s about being lucky.
And add that the hottest team was sent home - NC State

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Couldn't have possibly been working on different pitches and pitching differently than they will in real game situations. That never happens in a scrimmage.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012

I don't agree with your 13 year old but I'm very impressed with their logic and thought process

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I don't think it cheapens it at all. First of all, we did it first. Secondly, we did it with most of the top teams in Omaha (Arkansas the lone exception there). We went through the gauntlet and beat the best teams. They went during a down year where many of the best teams didn't make it out of their super and they just got really really hot with their pitching. If anything, theirs is cheapened because it's a lot more fluky.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

Was having a similar conversation with my 8 year old, but then he pivoted and said he was sort of soured on college sports. Said Title IX was a well intentioned law that had been butchered by the courts and an unaccountable bureaucracy and that it's been a travesty that sports with passionate fans like baseball and wrestling have been so negatively impacted. Then he went into a discussion about how ironic it is that sports like baseball and wrestling are suffering so much without even protecting women's sports because of allowing males with body dysmorphia disorders to play in women's sports. He said it was so ridiculous because even if you grant to the trans activists that there is a difference between sex and gender, we have segregated sports based on sex, not gender, because sex is what is relevant to differences in physiology and the reason that separate men's and women's divisions are needed. After hearing him parrot back my opinions to me, I felt like they were profound enough that I hurried to the keyboard to share with you this wisdom from the mouth of babes.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login