Basketball club level sold out today

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I’m hoping there will still be some cheap seats available by the time they get to me

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I always look forward to the annual Bitchfest in December when students are gone, it's cold and raining, people are Christmas shopping and we are playing Montana St on a Tuesday night and the vocal minority start raising hell because there are empty seats in the lower bowl.

Aug 22, 2012
I looked at it this afternoon and the entire lower level along the sidelines was full with the exception of a few right along the baseline. Beside the basket and behind still had a good many seats for now.

Did a quick calculation of what was available lower level and it was only about 2600 seats so I guess I was fooling myself hoping to get lower level tickets

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
That’s good. The university is dealing off the bottom of the between Head Coach Arnett & Lemonis. Maybe we can hang our hat in the gym for a few months.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I always look forward to the annual Bitchfest in December when students are gone, it's cold and raining, people are Christmas shopping and we are playing Montana St on a Tuesday night and the vocal minority start raising hell because there are empty seats in the lower bowl.
Better to face Montana state in Starkville in December, than to have to explain why we could not beat them in the play in game in March in dayton.

Reactions: Shmuley

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

December is what it is. It does irritate me when we can’t fill the lower bowl for a Saturday SEC game. Or like the Texas A&M game last year when there were quite a few empty seats but a nonconference baseball game later that evening was packed.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Refreshing to have a talented, veteran roster (sound familiar) but an actual competent head coach in basketball. Can't wait.

As far as filling up the Hump in December, well, the big programs do that. We better start too if we want to keep Jans long term. And that's something we've never done. We do have the potential, though.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
We only have four non-conference home games and one in Tupelo. Not a huge ask to have decent attendance for those at The Hump. Following the baseball and football horror shows, we have a fan base that desperately wants to support a winner. Attendance should be the best we’ve had in ages.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We only have four non-conference home games and one in Tupelo. Not a huge ask to have decent attendance for those at The Hump. Following the baseball and football horror shows, we have a fan base that desperately wants to support a winner. Attendance should be the best we’ve had in ages.
Just noticed that, good find. Only Starkville game around the holidays is December 13 and then January 6 (start of SEC play). I like the Tupelo game and staying out of Jackson. That Coliseum just isn't fit to play there anymore.

I like playing off in all these cities. Basketball is a good fit for the city arenas when we can do it. Wish we had a good arena in Jackson.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
December is what it is. It does irritate me when we can’t fill the lower bowl for a Saturday SEC game. Or like the Texas A&M game last year when there were quite a few empty seats but a nonconference baseball game later that evening was packed.
If they played that game in April it would’ve been reversed **

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
If they played that game in April it would’ve been reversed **

I went to the State-OM basketball game in Oxford and it was a close game that went to OT and had big NCAA Tourney implications for us. I remember checking Twitter during one of the timeouts and all anyone of our fans or media was talking about was a dang baseball game against VMI.

Here’s to hoping basketball gets the support it deserves this year, right now it looks like easily the most competent men’s program on campus.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
3 days of seat selection down; 6 more remaining. Demand seems to be through the roof. Very little if any lower level available after tomorrow.

Reactions: HeCannotGo

HeCannotGo

Feb 23, 2011
3 days of seat selection down; 6 more remaining. Demand seems to be through the roof. Very little if any lower level available after tomorrow.
Agreed. My seat selection time was yesterday afternoon. I'm ranked in the 600s. My seats last year were in Section 118, a corner of the lower bowl.

I was hoping to move towards center court a little, but all of the "sideline" seats in the lower bowl were gone. In fact, I had to move further away from center court. Good problem to have; folks seem to be stepping up to support what should be a very good team this year.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Most of the upper sections are still available which are all really good seats. The top seats in the Hump are closer to the court than club level seats at Grizzlies games in FedEx Forum. Think about that. We used to sit in the top row of the Hump for years with our season tickets by choice. You can stand up the whole game if you want.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Any updates on how the availability is looking as of COB Friday? I’m coming up with the rest of the po’ folks and looking forward to taking my mind off football.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login