Basketball vs Georgia St

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
they lost to Iowa state, Georgia, Ole Miss, and Murray State. We lost to Louisville, Minnesota, and Colorado state. In addition both teams went to the NIT final last year. So prior to the Bama win Memphis did not have any better of a resume then we do, yet the fanbase is excited. we will have a weak *** crowd for a top 25 Arkansas team. Continue to make effing excuses. It’s sad. If our fanbase would actually give a ****, the program would rise. Just because the product is imperfect doesn’t mean it’s bot worth getting behind. Continue to be a bunch of fair weather fans, and see where that gets us. I love these comments about boring basketball. Such weak *** ****. I mean we get behind an average football team every single year. Why not basketball?

Did you attend the game last night?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I do find it ironic that we are discussing how we need bigger crowds while we are sitting on our asses at home lol

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
We should be able to work and run any team off the court.

Agree, but we don't. Never have, never will under Gramps. One defense works in every situation, so why would we change offenses?

We would be running the good old fashioned 4 corners offense that his high school coach taught him if they hadn't brought in that confounded shot clock. So we'll have to just keep working within this phe-NAM-enal offense that is tailormade for great passers, solid outside shooting, and extremely patient players like we have. Coach Wooden told him it would always work, no matter the type of athletes he would be coaching in the 21st century.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
they lost to Iowa state, Georgia, Ole Miss, and Murray State. We lost to Louisville, Minnesota, and Colorado state. In addition both teams went to the NIT final last year. So prior to the Bama win Memphis did not have any better of a resume then we do, yet the fanbase is excited. we will have a weak *** crowd for a top 25 Arkansas team. Continue to make effing excuses. It’s sad. If our fanbase would actually give a ****, the program would rise. Just because the product is imperfect doesn’t mean it’s bot worth getting behind. Continue to be a bunch of fair weather fans, and see where that gets us. I love these comments about boring basketball. Such weak *** ****. I mean we get behind an average football team every single year. Why not basketball?

I like your enthusiasm but I don't think you're fully understanding Memphis basketball. They've had a great program for 50 years now. Two national title appearances, multiple final fours etc... They play in the FedEx Forum same as the Memphis Grizzles. That city loves their basketball. That's why they have an NBA team and they were also playing vs the #6 team in the country.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Still get a chance at Texas Tech in Lubbock in January. That would be a huge boost and momentum game during SEC play.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Mempho's fans live within 5 miles. Our fans have a drive ahead of them to come and go to games. With the higher gas prices I would think some are staying away. Of course, the product on the floor affects that decision as well.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
1 tourney trip in over a decade does that. This team isn't good. And put the students back where they were before our AD killed the atmosphere for $$.
The team isnt bad either.

I would say they are good. They currently arent great and they arent elite, but yeah- they are good.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I like your enthusiasm but I don't think you're fully understanding Memphis basketball. They've had a great program for 50 years now. Two national title appearances, multiple final fours etc... They play in the FedEx Forum same as the Memphis Grizzles. That city loves their basketball. That's why they have an NBA team and they were also playing vs the #6 team in the country.
Yep. A lot of people who live there, who are alumni or fans of other SEC teams, are huge Memphis basketball fans. If they aren't there, they are watching on TV. And there's a lot of blue collar people who didn't go to college that are fans. There's a following there for sure. Kind of the same as USM football fans back in the 90s, except Memphis was able to sustain because basketball wasn't governed by conference alignment.

Last edited:

hailstate19

Nov 7, 2015
Did you attend the game last night?
I live in effing Colorado now. But I regularly attended most games when I lived in the state of Mississippi. 2018-19 I went to almost every SEC game. Even cut out of work short to attend mid week SEC games. Same in 2019-20. When I was home in MS in Nov I went to the very first game of this season. I would be going a lot if I lived in the damn state. I don’t though. Most people that post in this thread actually live in miss so no excuse not to get to stark for at least weekend games

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login