Battle for the Soul (and assets) of the Pac-12

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
and here... we... go...

TLDR: Oregon State and Washington State have filed for a temporary restraining order to keep Kliavkoff from convening a board meeting with the current Pac-12 leadership where they could dissolve the conference and split the current and future assets. The article also has some insight into what those assets actually are.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
and here... we... go...

TLDR: Oregon State and Washington State have filed for a temporary restraining order to keep Kliavkoff from convening a board meeting with the current Pac-12 leadership where they could dissolve the conference and split the current and future assets. The article also has some insight into what those assets actually are.
Heck yeah, I hope they win. That'd be a nice little windfall for them. But, if they succeeded, then they dissolved it and split the assets between the 2, I can't imagine that the 4 that went to the Big 12 would be too eager to vouch for them to actually get in the Big 12, one day.

I guess it's looking like Mountain West for them. I can't see that those two have much sway when it comes to raiding the Mountain West under the Pac-12 name, so what's the point? Just kill it and merge. It honestly would not be a bad league and may even rival the Big 12 and future ACC.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login