BE READY!

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
That double line is there for a reason. Plan with your brain not your heart

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
It's a rule that needs to be modified. When you're that close to the base and it's a bad throw across the bag, it shouldn't be and issue. It didn't effect the throw and would've been hit anyway. Hell, go to damn double bags if they have to stay in the lane all the way to the bag.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Every runner runs in between the lines on every play to first? They are judging this on every play?

No to mention he was crossing to bag when he was hit.

The guy who hit the HR is out! He ran outside the lines!!

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
How is the runner supposed to get to the bag if he can't' run in a straight line? What were his options?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It's a rule that needs to be modified. When you're that close to the base and it's a bad throw across the bag, it shouldn't be and issue. It didn't effect the throw and would've been hit anyway. Hell, go to damn double bags if they have to stay in the lane all the way to the bag.

My 6 yr old gradaughter has them, why not you are going to call that you have to allow for the runner to have an unimpeded patch as well.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm done with this. I hate when a game swings on a play/call like that. 17 it.

I would feel the same it was the other way I would just laugh about it more.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Need a big hit for OK here to get a couple more. Their pen is just meh. Big advantage for OM.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Apparently the runner has to avoid the first basemen at all costs

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Every runner runs in between the lines on every play to first? They are judging this on every play?

No to mention he was crossing to bag when he was hit.

The guy who hit the HR is out! He ran outside the lines!!

Ur missing the key point - trying to interfere with the throw to first. If he’s between the lines and the throw hits him then he’s not out

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Another call....ball hit the damn batter in the box. That's a HBP. Bianco trying to break ole MO.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
They rarely ever call the back leg as intentional. Front leg yes all the time. The announcers know that and are just trying to stir up ****. Embarrassing tbh

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Ur missing the key point - trying to interfere with the throw to first. If he’s between the lines and the throw hits him then he’s not out

I understand that point but they acted like he ran toward the 1st baseman when he went in a straight line to the bag along the baseline. It only hit him when he was crossing the bag. Does the runner not have a right to cross the bag as well?

ETA: it was a judgment call as to whether he was trying to interfere with the throw. I don't like judgment calls that factor into the game like that one did

kired

Aug 22, 2008

You can run in fair territory all you want, as long as it doesn’t interfere with the throw.

Runners have to go back, otherwise you’d always tackle the first baseman on any play like that.

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
You can’t argue with Maroon glasses. Correct call. In the replay you could see him start outside then run inside. I hate it but it was correct.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Right foot hit chalk the entire time. Throw was wide right. Try again

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
You obviously did watch the view down the line. He was right then went left into the field. The throw sucked but the rules are pretty clear like it or not. Even the announcers said it was the correct call.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Rule needs to be updated to include the throw accuracy.

Doesn't matter anyway. One OU player lost the game. Allowing 3 free runs.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Rule needs to be updated to include the throw accuracy.

Doesn't matter anyway. One OU player lost the game. Allowing 3 free runs.

Absolutely! The announcers said it!

What a ****** way to win and a perfectly 2022 way end to the College Baseball season on errors since neither team could hit or cross the first base bag with the ball and first baseman at the same time.

Bring on football camps and overinflated hopes for football for everyone not named Alabama!

bddawg

Feb 21, 2018
I understand that point but they acted like he ran toward the 1st baseman when he went in a straight line to the bag along the baseline. It only hit him when he was crossing the bag. Does the runner not have a right to cross the bag as well?

ETA: it was a judgment call as to whether he was trying to interfere with the throw. I don't like judgment calls that factor into the game like that one did

It's not a judgment call. They got the cal right. It's a bad rule. Sorry.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
It's not a judgment call. They got the cal right. It's a bad rule. Sorry.

I don’t think it’s a bad rule. The double lines are there. I would say 95% of players don’t know why the lines are there. It’s a non issue 90% of the time.

I see 3rd strike runners try to block the catcher throw all the time - coaches should be all over watching the runners path when that happens.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login