Beating Arkansas

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Seems like they still lost due to getting manhandled in the first half, no?
Seems like they almost came back and won. They obviously didn't get man handled in the second half. I see nothing that makes me think they suck enough for us to beat them.

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
Seems like they almost came back and won. They obviously didn't get man handled in the second half. I see nothing that makes me think they suck enough for us to beat them.
Our fans just don’t want to admit how bad we really are or the situation we’re in. They don’t want that kind of depression in their lives.

This is the least talented we’ve been, especially on defense, in a very very long time. And there isn’t a fix with the current staff or underclassmen on the roster

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We may not beat them. But Bama just falling asleep at the wheel for the final 32 minutes of the game doesn’t make them any better or worse than they were coming in. Nothing they did was just awesome or tough, that 2nd half was all about Bama refusing to keep running the damn ball even though they were gashing them. At the end of the day they are a 2-5 football team….with a loss to 17ing BYU. We definitely CAN beat them. What we will do is another story.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
I’ll be surprised if State holds Arkansas under 35. And that will be plenty for them to beat this State team. Hey Piggies! Feeling down in your team. Have no fear. The medicine is coming to town next Saturday to make you well again.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I don’t think A&M is “mediocre” at least in comparison to us. I don’t expect that game to be close.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
They will beat us, I will be surprised if it's close. If it was in Starkville we would win.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t think A&M is “mediocre” at least in comparison to us. I don’t expect that game to be close.
They are 4-3 with not a single win over a team with a winning record. That’s mediocre. What they are compared to us isn’t even the topic….they are another underachieving squad from College Station that will finish 7-5 or worse while paying their coach $10 million. And they beat Ark by 2 TD’s.

The West beyond Bama/LSU/OM is a bag of cats. We may be the worst one, but nobody right now looks the least bit intimidating in that bottom 4.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
They are 4-3 with not a single win over a team with a winning record. That’s mediocre. What they are compared to us isn’t even the topic….they are another underachieving squad from College Station that will finish 7-5 or worse while paying their coach $10 million. And they beat Ark by 2 TD’s.

The West beyond Bama/LSU/OM is a bag of cats. We may be the worst one, but nobody right now looks the least bit intimidating in that bottom 4.
I don’t care anything about what they pay their coach, A and M is loaded with 4 and 5 star players. Thats not a game I look forward to. Vegas power poll has them #17, we are #59. there’s a reason for that.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t care anything about what they pay their coach, A and M is loaded with 4 and 5 star players. Thats not a game I look forward to. Vegas power poll has them #17, we are #59. there’s a reason for that.
They were loaded with 4* and 5* players last year, too.

You can just continue being miserable, I suppose. Every team out there is somehow 5 TD’s better than MSU…..0-8 here we come, blah blah blah. Believe it or not, no one’s thrilled about our season right now. But we still have to play these teams in actual football games….games that won’t be decided by the Vegas power poll, or how both teams did against some common opponent. Its not like you have to keep forcing this narrative that we are the worst team in MSU history. It will be self-evident one way or another in a few weeks what we are. Nobody’s gonna think you’re some genius for predicting 0-8, even if it does actually happen.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The point is they are better than we are and our staff needs to be fired
Wait until Ole Miss hangs 60 points on us.

ETA- after watching Kentucky do their annual choke tonight, I think we will play them a closer game than I initially expected against Kentucky, but that's about it

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Just one Devil’s opinion but two things that seem to suggest to me that the Pigs are actually fighting for their coach and things are just not working out. They are losing a lot of one possession games. Which was previously stated. They are playing up to superior competition. Why does this matter to us? Our rudderless Charmin soft defense might be just the get right they need. I hope not.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login