Beaver Stadium $25 million donation (Edited to add another 10 million) (Edited again for another 10 million)

LBUfanatic

Nov 1, 2021
Turns out they don't care about that, if your donation exceeds a certain threshhold...
You can be both a supporter of Joe and the Penn State football program, as the Misitano family clearly is. Joebot’s are those people who are so jaded by the past that they cannot bring themselves to support the program, and, for some reason, have a terrible dislike for Franklin. I, for one, am in the former category.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
IIRC...one of the proposals was to include a large open air, outdoor cocktail lounge between the 10/20 yd lines on the WEST side.
Blue area mark-up below on stadium seating.

rudedude

Nov 1, 2023
Got this yesterday to inquire about possible options and prices in regard to seating options and amenities. Just give me a regular chair back, escalator to the upper level, larger concourses, improved restrooms, and that will be fine.
Most options appear to be for the more “well-heeled” patrons, but no options on the survey for the “regular folks”.

Prices range from $2000 to $6000 per seat and appears to include parking, private entrances (if at that level), lounges, food and beverages, etc.

Survey Link:
https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/beaver-stadium-renovation-survey.1148690/

View attachment 627731

View attachment 627757
30 years to late for me!

Sharkies

Nov 1, 2021
You can be both a supporter of Joe and the Penn State football program, as the Misitano family clearly is. Joebot’s are those people who are so jaded by the past that they cannot bring themselves to support the program, and, for some reason, have a terrible dislike for Franklin. I, for one, am in the former category.
I know plenty of non-"Joebot's" who wish we would move on Franklin, think he's a recruiter, not a coach, etc,, and know just as many (and are different group of people), who while they wish the University would do a lot more to honor Joe, also continue to support the program.

Frankly, would think there are very few that would fall under the above, if that is the correct definition.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
I understand the need for maintenance and weatherproofing. I also understand the need for some upgrades. The question is if we could have done a lot of this for $400 million vs $700 million. I see a number of schools going through an upgrade (Tennessee, Florida, Florida State, Nebraska, and even the Cotton Bowl) but none of them approach $700m.

I know a lot of the big donors give to both facilities AND NIL. I just worry that the more we try to get for the stadium the less we'll be able to get for NIL. JMO.
Florida State on their upgrades.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I think (don't know for sure) that Fitz's tweet was in reference to what happened in the Lions Den. Shortly after the announcement about the $25M donation was posted, somebody responded that it would have been better spent on NIL. That caused a lot of back and forth about that in the thread. It did show some ignorance on the subject, as the Misitano family have been very, very generous in NIL donations, and also staged a matching challenge for NIL.
No, I didn’t think it was as a result from here, as I have seen the same ignorant comments on instagram when the donation was announced. Just some sheer ignorance and disregard for common courtesy by some in our fanbase.

LBUfanatic

Nov 1, 2021
No, I didn’t think it was as a result from here, as I have seen the same ignorant comments on instagram when the donation was announced. Just some sheer ignorance and disregard for common courtesy by some in our fanbase.
There are several posters on this board who have professed their disdain for Penn State and committed to never giving a dime to Penn State in any way shape or form. I don’t consider those individuals “fans” of our program and our school. The post in the Lion’s Den and on X was directly in response to several posters there who immediately questioned why some of that money was not targeted to NIL. Ignorance abounds…

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
* Fix the ORV parking. No, don't fix it. Expand it to as far as people will pay for it.
* Scott Paterno was right (one of few times). Repeal the keg ban.
I know it would cost money but installing water/sewage/electric hookups would make the ORV lot a premium location many people would be happy to pay for. No generator noise!! In the spring/summer make the spaces available for rent by members of the NLC/PSAA who may be traveling via RV. It would be a great membership perk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psu00

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
Yes, 700 seems a bit much compared to the others you listed, but until full plans are released no one knows what we are getting for it
From what I’ve read even the BoT has no idea what they’re getting for it. They approved the money without knowing what they were getting in return.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
I know it would cost money but installing water/sewage/electric hookups would make the ORV lot a premium location many people would be happy to pay for. No generator noise!! In the spring/summer make the spaces available for rent by members of the NLC/PSAA who may be traveling via RV. It would be a great membership perk.
I'm ok w/ SOME of that. The ORV lot has turned into an HOA w/ street signs, leaders, etc. If they want to pay for water/sewage, fine.

But that lot is surrounded by pastures that can house motor homes, trailers, etc. for more than one night.

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
I guess you don’t need to know what’s there if you’re getting a kickback from it.

Yeah. I don’t get it. How can you approve that kind of spending without knowing exactly what you’ll get in return? Theres 30+ members of the BoT. They’re not all getting kickbacks. Where is the financial responsibility?

We absolutely need some independent reporter somewhere to look into BoT kickbacks with PSU projects. That’s long overdue.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
The Fall/Winter freeze makes this a money losing venture.

Last edited:

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
There are several posters on this board who have professed their disdain for Penn State and committed to never giving a dime to Penn State in any way shape or form. I don’t consider those individuals “fans” of our program and our school. The post in the Lion’s Den and on X was directly in response to several posters there who immediately questioned why some of that money was not targeted to NIL. Ignorance abounds…
You fall where in the NLC donations - point system?

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
Yeah. I don’t get it. How can you approve that kind of spending without knowing exactly what you’ll get in return? Theres 30+ members of the BoT. They’re not all getting kickbacks. Where is the financial responsibility?

We absolutely need some independent reporter somewhere to look into BoT kickbacks with PSU projects. That’s long overdue.
FWIW:

Not every member of the Board voted for the proposal (26 of the 36 voting members did vote to approve) - see roster below:

There were several disconcerting aspects I found with the proposal:
1) There is no rational analysis that would lead me to a reasoned conclusion that this project can self-fund (ie, generate sufficient revenues to pay for itself).
2) Material presented to the Board was fantastical - completely incongruent with actual real data.
3) Even in a very optimistic light, current and projected future revenue and expense streams lead to PSU athletics being very significantly underwater within 5-10 years.

More disconcerting:
4) PSU Administrative and Board leadership refused to allow discussion of these many issues, including fantastical projections and assumptions.
5) PSU leadership presented assumptive conclusions, but then refused to provide the information they claimed supported these assumptive conclusions (one of the reasons we will be pursuing legal action)

Those who voted No:
Alumni Trustees: Fenchak and Lubrano

Those who Abstained:
Alumni Trustees: Brown, Paterno, and DeLevie

Those who were Absent:
Alumni Trustee: Hasenkopf
Ag Trustees: Harpster and Black
Cabinet Member: Mumin
Governor Appointee: Pegula

Those who voted for the proposal:
Alumni Trustees: Krieger, Short, and Wagman
Cabinet Members: Dunn and Redding
Governor Appointees: Amoros, Delligatti, Davis, Kleppinger, and Onorato
Ag Trustees: Cairns, Detwiler, Dietrich, and Hoffman
All B&I Trustees: Beard, Fenza, Gursahaney, Quintos, Schneider, and Sokolov
All Large Appointees: Schuyler (Matthew), Riegel, Potts
Student Appointee: Schuyler (Kevin)
Faculty Appointee: Rowland
PSU AA Past President: Lynch

More details here:
Why we can’t afford the Beaver Stadium renovation proposed by Penn State Board of Trustee leadership. – BARRY FENCHAK
Ask Barry: Beaver Stadium Renovation – BARRY FENCHAK

Last edited:

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
Gatekeeping fandom because smart people aren't donating money to a place that already makes hundreds of millions a year. I guess Pepsi, Nike and Blaise Alexander are our biggest fans?

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by PeacockTV

Reactions: Midnighter

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
FWIW:

Not every member of the Board voted for the proposal (26 of the 36 voting members did vote to approve) - see roster below:

There were several disconcerting aspects I found with the proposal:
1) There is no rational analysis that would lead me to a reasoned conclusion that this project can self-fund (ie, generate sufficient revenues to pay for itself).
2) Material presented to the Board was fantastical - completely incongruent with actual real data.
3) Even in a very optimistic light, current and projected future revenue and expense streams lead to PSU athletics being very significantly underwater within 5-10 years.

More disconcerting:
4) PSU Administrative and Board leadership refused to allow discussion of these many issues, including fantastical projections and assumptions.
5) PSU leadership presented assumptive conclusions, but then refused to provide the information they claimed supported these assumptive conclusions (one of the reasons we will be pursuing legal action)

Those who voted No:
Alumni Trustees: Fenchak and Lubrano

Those who Abstained:
Alumni Trustees: Brown, Paterno, and DeLevie

Those who were Absent:
Alumni Trustee: Hasenkopf
Ag Trustees: Harpster and Black
Cabinet Member: Mumin
Governor Appointee: Pegula

Those who voted for the proposal:
Alumni Trustees: Krieger, Short, and Wagman
Cabinet Members: Dunn and Redding
Governor Appointees: Amoros, Delligatti, Davis, Kleppinger, and Onorato
Ag Trustees: Cairns, Detwiler, Dietrich, and Hoffman
All B&I Trustees: Beard, Fenza, Gursahaney, Quintos, Schneider, and Sokolov
All Large Appointees: Schuyler (Matthew), Riegel, Potts
Student Appointee: Schuyler (Kevin)
Faculty Appointee: Rowland
PSU AA Past President: Lynch

More details here:
Why we can’t afford the Beaver Stadium renovation proposed by Penn State Board of Trustee leadership. – BARRY FENCHAK
Ask Barry: Beaver Stadium Renovation – BARRY FENCHAK
Why would Paterno abstain?

LBUfanatic

Nov 1, 2021
You fall where in the NLC donations - point system

Gatekeeping fandom because smart people aren't donating money to a place that already makes hundreds of millions a year. I guess Pepsi, Nike and Blaise Alexander are our biggest fans?

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by PeacockTV
One group is working against the program and its goals and the other is being supportive. I don’t call that gatekeeping. I call it reality.

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
IIRC...one of the proposals was to include a large open air, outdoor cocktail lounge between the 10/20 yd lines on the WEST side.
Blue area mark-up below on stadium seating.

rudedude

Nov 1, 2023
Got this yesterday to inquire about possible options and prices in regard to seating options and amenities. Just give me a regular chair back, escalator to the upper level, larger concourses, improved restrooms, and that will be fine.
Most options appear to be for the more “well-heeled” patrons, but no options on the survey for the “regular folks”.

Prices range from $2000 to $6000 per seat and appears to include parking, private entrances (if at that level), lounges, food and beverages, etc.

Survey Link:
https://www.on3.com/boards/threads/beaver-stadium-renovation-survey.1148690/

View attachment 627731

View attachment 627757
When they built the new MLS stadium in Columbus, that's pretty much what happened to the equivalent of my old seats in the previous stadium. It's a common idea in new/renewed stadium builds. But we've also won two MLS Cups since then, so there's that. But we have a pretty decent view from our new seats in the south upper deck. So if folks are willing to pay for that....

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
Everything with college football is so fluid right now.
That's my concern, frankly, though I do agree with your comments after that. We do need new ideas. But we also have no idea what college football will look like 5 years from now. It's basically now going to be the equivalent of AAA baseball (with a lot more $$ to be sure). We'll see if folks keep being willing to pay that. And, if it's professional, why stop careers after four years?? It's a big investment in an uncertain future.

I was going to add that you don't pay big league prices for minor league sports--but even that is changing. Spent $20 a seat for AA baseball in Hartford last week (and saw a PSU product start for Somerset). You can get MLB tickets in some markets for that. At the same time, I thought it worth the price for the entertainment value. Things change.

• Love
Reactions: step.eng69

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
You are conflating two issues. It's not disdain for Penn State--it's distain for the current leadership. Think about politics. Disdain for a specific leader or party is not the same as disdain for the United States--often far from it. On the other part (the NIL bit)--people are welcome to spend their money as they wish and how they wish, so I'm as puzzled as you are.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
I wouldn’t tell anyone I won the lottery but there would be signs…. :).

Seriously though - some humble folks.
I'm not saying it's Terry because I have absolutely no info on these things but I will say if Terry is going to donate anything for this stadium it HIGHLY likely that it'll be anonymous. The taxpayers of NY are paying $850 million for the new Bills Stadium and I don't think it would go over well with them if he openly dropped a bag at PSU.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I'm not saying it's Terry because I have absolutely no info on these things but I will say if Terry is going to donate anything for this stadium it HIGHLY likely that it'll be anonymous. The taxpayers of NY are paying $850 million for the new Bills Stadium and I don't think it would go over well with them if he openly dropped a bag at PSU.

Low key obvious choice?

Franklin.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
He is looking to sell 25% interest in the team Some of the club seat holders are facing $100,000 PSLs and it needs to be payed before the stadium opens or else finance it like a mortgage. GTFOH with that. The “regular folk” are facing $10,000/seat PSL’s. 20% down and $200/month for the next 2 years. I imagine the lower level West Siders at the Beav will face similar costs. I’ll continue to sit in “the projects” seats. 😁

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: Psu00 and PSUJam

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
He is looking to sell 25% interest in the team Some of the club seat holders are facing $100,000 PSLs and it needs to be payed before the stadium opens or else finance it like a mortgage. GTFOH with that. The “regular folk” are facing $10,000/seat PSL’s. 20% down and $200/month for the next 2 years. I imagine the lower level West Siders at the Beav will face similar costs. I’ll continue to sit in “the projects” seats. 😁
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

He and Ed Wade drank too much Carbondale water. 🤣

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
Only $655 million more to go!

Who else has a spare $10 mil? ;)

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
Be better off with these money donations going to football only NIL. Buy the best team in college football. Win 1 NC and be good for another 30+ years. 😉🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣