Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
I’d say the Terminator Tech Noir scene

Robocop steel mill scene

Gangs of New York ending scene
Braveheart-when Mel Gibson breaks bad for the first time
Gladiator-when Russell Crowe breaks bad for the first time
Patriot-when Mel Gibson breaks bad for the first time
Fury-when Brad Pitt breaks bad for the last time (plus the first tank engagement scene)

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Good call on this one. Damn, those dudes were sitting ducks…. Watching the bullets dart under water was something I’d never really thought of, but wow.

The first arrivals were on a suicide mission, for the most part. It was horrifying to watch.

Yup, that scene alone should be exposed to every human on earth so when some ******** spewing politician starts talking about the glory of dying for their cause, we can all just shoot them instead.

Or at least break their nose.

Reactions: eckie1

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
The <17> scene in The Wire

The Air Cav Beach landing in Apocalypse Now
Wagner Ride of The Valkeries and "Charlie don't surf" and "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning"

The river ambush scene in Tombstone

Rudy playing in the game for Notre Dame

Dick Shawn as Lorenzo Saint Dubois in The Producers (Any Scene)

Reactions: HRMSU

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Zero Dark Thirty's interrogation scene is good. CIA black sites are wild.

That "I could have done more" scene in Schindler's List is pretty powerful

Men of Power clip in No Way Out, Hackman, Will Patton (brilliant) and Kostner

The Lives of Others cafeteria joke scene. You don't mess around in communist societies.

Amadeus, scene where Mozart insults and embarrases Solieri by playing his music better and improving it.

Tomorrow Belongs to Me scene in Cabaret capturing the appeal of Nazism

Jesus bowling scene in The Big Lebowski

Last edited:

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
fast times at ridgemont high swimming GIF
Gifs that end too early.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I think the most powerful scene that gets little credit …Apocalypco…The main native character runs onto the beach…as he’s being chased by another native warrior ….only to run into the Spanish Armada.

Needs to be a full on bad *** movie portrayal of this moment in time

I found this

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
A few possibilities (no idea if they are 5 minutes)...

Star Wars - Rebel attack on the Death Star

Saving Private Ryan - Normandy beach landing

The Revenant - Bear attack

Goodfellas - The long take when Henry and Karen enter the Copa for the first time (Scorsese showing absolute technical mastery)
If you have even been to Omaha Beach or really studied it…. That opening scene was NOTHING compared to it … yet you understood exactly how bad it was.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
The boarder scene from Sicario is one of my favorites. Along with "time to meet God."

Quint's "Illinois" scene in Jaws was top notch.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
When Tony suffocates Christopher to death after the car accident. I hated that character. He was a whining ***.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
The Wild Bunch---the whole movie--but especially the shootout scene where they all die.. Sam Peckinpah

Last edited:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The first 5 minutes of The Matrix. It was mind blowing to see a person move around the room like that to eliminate Police Officers and the set up was perfect.

First 5 of The Matrix

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
1673452018551.png At the time as a 12 year old, I didn't think this would ever be topped by anything in the history of cinema

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I can't believe this hasn't come up yet, but the dual montage crossover of the Baptism and Michael 'settling his business' with his enemies, all the way through the door being closed on Kay at the end of The Godfather was at once shocking, scary, and so satisfying. Cinematic perfection.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Good call on this one. Damn, those dudes were sitting ducks…. Watching the bullets dart under water was something I’d never really thought of, but wow.

The first arrivals were on a suicide mission, for the most part. It was horrifying to watch.
Bullets don’t dart under water like that

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I haven’t been able to read the whole thread, so sorry if it’s already been mentioned, but 28 Days Later is one that’s a little bit more obscure.

Anyone that’s seen it knows I’m talking about the crazy scene towards the end when an infected dude gets loose in the courtyard after having been chained up, and the following 4-5 minutes of rock-themed chaos is just badass cinema.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login