• Larry Bird

• Magic Johnson

• Shaquille O'Neal

• Tim Duncan

• Kobe Bryant

Results are only viewable after voting.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I don’t think I’ve seen this discussion on here.

Pick three.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
i’ve seen more caitlan games than any of these guys. i’ll abstain

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
That’s not a bad list to choose from. I’d add more guards though.

Steph Curry
Bob Cousy
John Stockton
Oscar Robertson
Jerry West — He’s the NBA Logo and about to be in the Basketball Hall of Fame for the Third Time so he’d better be in the mix.

And a part of me really wanted to include Julius Erving or Tony Parker

And from that expanded list, I’d choose Russell, Jordan, and Johnson.

James, Curry, and Bird would be my second team but I can see going big with Wilt or being more guard oriented with West.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
If we could take any player from his prime and put him in a game for the fate of the world, there’s only one choice.

This is what the LeBron people can’t figure out. It’s not insulting to say he’s the 2nd best ever. But he can play until he’s 50 he’s never catching MJ.
MJ also had the better Space Jam movie.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
If we could take any player from his prime and put him in a game for the fate of the world, there’s only one choice.

bugs bunny muscles GIF

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

This is what the LeBron people can’t figure out. It’s not insulting to say he’s the 2nd best ever. But he can play until he’s 50 he’s never catching MJ.
Amen.

In his prime, Jordan was unguardable.

If you played away from him to keep him from driving to the goal, then he would simply shoot a jumper over you.

If you played close to him, then he would go around you with his quickness.

Michael Jordan is the GOAT of basketball.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Amen.

In his prime, Jordan was unguardable.

If you played away from him to keep him from driving to the goal, then he would simply shoot a jumper over you.

If you played close to him, then he would go around you with his quickness.

Michael Jordan is the GOAT of basketball.

I agree with all that, but he still pushed off here:

I watched those Finals at State Baseball Camp. I was a Jazz fan. No, I'm not still butt-hurt about the bet I lost, you are.

Oct 17, 2023

But it is insulting to the person who is really the second best ever or even 3 through 10, because he is not in the top 10.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Jordan is still king and LeBron is right behind him. Third is pretty debatable and you could make a case for almost anyone in the list.

I give Jordan the nod on championships and he was a better defender than LeBron. LeBron is a modern day Magic Johnson with his versatility. He can play pretty much and position on the floor outside of the 5.

I put Larry Bird 3rd. I was deciding between him and Wilt but it’s so hard to pick guys from that era because the game was so different. Kobe is right there too.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
But it is insulting to the person who is really the second best ever or even 3 through 10, because he is not in the top 10.
LeBron isn’t in the top 10? I get that you maybe dont like him but that’s silly.

Just for clarification, I hated Jordan and I do not like LeBron. Theyre 1 and 2 on my list.

Reactions: dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
It makes sense we’d largely stick to players in our generation and many of us are approaching Abe Simpson’s age.

I’m slightly surprised Kareem hasn’t gotten more votes considering how many years he was in the NBA.
I voted Kareem 3rd, Shaq was my next pick. Everyone who is a serious person has the same 2 people in the top 2. As someone said, you could probably make a case for any of them to be 3rd.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I voted Kareem 3rd, Shaq was my next pick. Everyone who is a serious person has the same 2 people in the top 2. As someone said, you could probably make a case for any of them to be 3rd.
Bill Russell was my generational outlier pick.

I went with him. He won those rings with the Celtics.

As I said before, I also chose Jordan & Magic.

LeBron is special. And if we were told to choose five, I’d have selected him.

And for my fifth, it’d be a choice between Larry & Steph.

Oct 17, 2023
LeBron isn’t in the top 10? I get that you maybe dont like him but that’s silly.

Just for clarification, I hated Jordan and I do not like LeBron. Theyre 1 and 2 on my list.
In no particular order, I put Jordan, Kareem, Shaq, Kobe, Larry, Tim Duncan, Jerry West, Oscar Robinson, Pete Maravich, Magic, John Stockton all over lewhine.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I agree with all that, but he still pushed off here:

I watched those Finals at State Baseball Camp. I was a Jazz fan. No, I'm not still butt-hurt about the bet I lost, you are.

Agree. He did push off on that play.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Bill Russell. He was before my time, but he was a rebounding and defensive machine who could score whenever it was needed.

Magic Johnson. He made everybody on the court playing with him better. Run your lane on a fast break, keep ready for a pass, and Magic will feed you for a layup/dunk. Plus, Magic could play every position on the floor. Simply stated, Magic was a winner.

Jordan . . . no explanation is required.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Bird in his prime is #2. The prime just didnt last very long.

But he had a 4 year stretch where he averaged.. 29 points, 10 boards, 7 assists a game. Not to mention 2 steals. 3 straight MVPs.

Give Lebron credit for doing it well over a long(er) period of time. But 1 season and 1 season alone. He's not top 2 and might not be top 5

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Bird in his prime is #2. The prime just didnt last very long.

But he had a 4 year stretch where he averaged.. 29 points, 10 boards, 7 assists a game. Not to mention 2 steals. 3 straight MVPs.

Give Lebron credit for doing it well over a long(er) period of time. But 1 season and 1 season alone. He's not top 2 and might not be top 5
For comparison, Lebron over 20+ years: 27ppg, 7.5 rebounds, 7.4 assists, 1.5 assists, 4 MVPs, 8 additional top 3 MVP

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
For comparison, Lebron over 20+ years: 27ppg, 7.5 rebounds, 7.4 assists, 1.5 assists, 4 MVPs, 8 additional top 3 MVP
For sure. I said give LeBron credit for his longevity and due to this, deserves his spot on basketball Mt. Rushmore. Not going to argue that..... But 1 season.. and 1 season alone. Player in his prime. Lebron aint top 2 and might not be top 5.

Bird's run was derailed by injuries. But LeBron never had a 4 year period that touched Bird's 4 years stat wise. That doesnt even begin to account the better shooting %'s that go with it. Bird was a 40% shooter from 3 and a 90% shooter from the line in those years.

LeBron's 4 years of MVPs in 5 seasons he averaged
28, 7, 7, 1.5 steals, shot 35% of so from 3 and 75% of so from the line

Bird went:
29, 10, 7, over 2 steals, 40% from 3, 90% from the line

Bird in his prime better than LeBron in his.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Jordan
Russell
Chamberlain

The only people close to these 3 are Kareem, Kobe, Byrd, and Magic.

LeBron is great but he is an insufferable *******.
I had those three as well. I have Russell one and Chamberlin two with Jordan 3 because his defense was just as good as his offense. Russell played smarter than most while Chamberlin was more flashy. Get this Chamberlin once scored 100 points in a game before 3 point line existed. He has 3 of top 4 points scored in a game ever. 73 - 78 and 100... only Kobe made 7 three pointers in his game. Get this Wilt averaged over 50 points a game for a season. They had to change rules because Wilt was so good. So, why Russell over Wilt? Russell made his team better Wilt didn't. Russell beat him more and won 11 championships. Wilt was better scorer.

Shaq may could have been right there but his lack of free throw or just plain shooting ability sucked. If that dude would have ever just tried the underhand free throw technique... he may have been unstoppable. His ego would not allow himself to do it, he was afraid of people making fun of him. Sad, that people care so much about what others think.

MJ, they changed the rules to let him push off by just not calling his walks and push-offs, they made it easier on MJ instead of harder.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

kired

Aug 22, 2008
How's my boy Tim Duncan coming in last out of this group? Perpetually underrated.

19 seasons, never missed the playoffs, 5 rings - first in his early 20s, last in his late 30s. Over 1000 wins / 3rd most all time - and he did that with 72% winning percentage (highest % of any player with over 800 wins).

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
How's my boy Tim Duncan coming in last out of this group? Perpetually underrated.

19 seasons, never missed the playoffs, 5 rings - first in his early 20s, last in his late 30s. Over 1000 wins / 3rd most all time - and he did that with 72% winning percentage (highest % of any player with over 800 wins).
Duncan lost votes because of his character issues:

Reactions: POTUS
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login