Best WR Talent we ever had

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
This is the best WR talent we have ever had. Hope we can keep these younger guys together and not fall victim to NIL. This years number 4 definitely looks better than last years number 4.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
The fact that our receivers had that great of a game and you didn’t even get much from Walley and Williams says a lot.

Rara, Ducking, and Harvey appear to have taken noticeable steps forward from last year.

Sep 9, 2012
Definitely the best WR group we have had top to bottom since I’ve been alive. The only one that comes close is 14/15, but they didn’t have the same depth.

This year’s number 9 receiver could have been a number 2/3 for us during most of those Mullen years.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Its incredible how much different a check down looks when it’s the right read and the receiver makes the first guy miss.

I’ve been Leachs biggest critic and I honestly can’t stand the man, but the offense looked pretty damn good last night.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Agreed. This may be the secret strength of the team that will hopefully not be a secret too much longer

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Its incredible how much different a check down looks when it’s the right read and the receiver makes the first guy miss.

And when its done in time. Will’s not surveying the field for 3-4 seconds before hitting the check down anymore. He improved in that area a lot last year, but its even more noticeable now. That’s the kind of thing you can only refine by reps and fluency in the system.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Read the University press release write-up of the game. We are already recruiting more receivers with how we spread the wealth

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015

I’ve been Leachs biggest critic and I honestly can’t stand the man, but the offense looked pretty damn good last night.

How can you not stand leach? What about him is not to like? Funny, good coach, and up to date of the candies and sweets of the world. He was right, those Nerd Clusters are the ****

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Please tell me why you can’t stand leach?

I really just dislike him as a person. I think he cares more about proving people wrong than winning football games.

The “yards are yards” comment is probably a good example of something he says that makes me want to punch his fat turkey neck. It’s not a yards-board that determines the winner, it’s a scoreboard.

a few game examples…

The Arkansas and UK games from year 1… you couldn’t give Shrader a few series and let him run a little to make the drop 8 a little more honest?

The Memphis game last year… 1st and goal from 4 and you don’t take atleast 3 points? You run four pass plays for nothing. That kind of stubbornness infuriates me.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
The hacking drive me nuts. I like him as a coach, but I can't listen to him unless its an edited piece.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
What’s up with the hack? Does he smoke a bong before every interview?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I mean not liking his hack or thinking it’s annoying is one thing.

Disliking him as a human is kind of insane.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
He seems to be a very likable guy. As a coach he has an impressive track record. The constant throat clearing is annoying af but everybody has something annoying about them. Maybe he is not PC enough for some folks. I like that old school attitude myself. Edited to add comment about the actual post. Definitely deepest by far that I can recall.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
This thread is about receivers. Some of the best coaching I have ever witnessed is going on at State right now by the offensive staff. I am so pleased with the job that Steve Spurrier, Jr. is doing with the outside guys. Best is yet to come, because many of these players are new to a staring role. Stop bitching and ring your damn bell. Hail State!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login