Big cowbell fail

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The pre game started off great ..... Gabe Jackson was the celebrity cowbell ringer. The. Cowbell wasn't swinging properly on its pendulum. However Gabe wanted it to work.

This fine piece of engineering fell off its stand and crashed below him. Thank goodness nobody was hurt.

What a comical omen for the game.

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
What a 17in embarrassment for an engineering school, dinky a$$ piece of ****

If they’re going to keep rolling that thing out let someone who knows what they’re doing design a frame for it.
Sounds like we paid a lot of hard-earned money for a real clunker. That's kind of our thing these days.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The bell is on small pneumatic rubber tires with no locking mechanism and then placed on a platform (barely larger than the bell itself) 2-3 feet high. A first grader should have saw the potential disaster.

Reactions: Maroon13

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Bump. Video?
Pretty much, Jackson began pushing the handle to make the cowbell swing. It wasn't swinging. I guess it had the brake on.... then he pushed it harder and harder and the thing rolled off the 2ft box (or what it was on) and fell over.

Reactions: RopeDawg

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
It was embarrassing to see -- larger than life on two giant screens. Absolutely foreshadowed the game.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Time for Bully Bell to step up. Or Battle Bell, or whoever. You want to be the "official cowbell of Mississippi State fans", here's your chance.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Dec 14, 2008
Time for Bully Bell to step up. Or Battle Bell, or whoever. You want to be the "official cowbell of Mississippi State fans", here's your chance.
Speaking of - I might be in the market for a new cowbell. I'm family with battle bell. I've seen the Bully Bell in all of the shops. Is it good quality or cheap clacker like the ones I've seen prevalent in stores over the last couple decades?

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Speaking of - I might be in the market for a new cowbell. I'm family with battle bell. I've seen the Bully Bell in all of the shops. Is it good quality or cheap clacker like the ones I've seen prevalent in stores over the last couple decades?
I'm a fan of Bully Bells, and I'm definitely biased. Bully Bells are good quality, although the lead clapper has been known to break off after a good hard ringing (I cannot apologize enough to that old lady in Austin, TX). Marc Anthony hand welds the handles on in his garage in Starkville -- he's been featured on ESPN a couple times.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
I'll take the heat- That big cowbell looks stupid! It looks like it's going to come apart every week. We half-assed something else there. Appreciate the thought, the effort was trash.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login