Big Week in MS Legislature. Alcohol Modernization

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
You're a little misguided my friend. I am all for open markets, Sunday sales and as I stated I will order wine from California to be delivered to my doorstep. Sell all the wine you want in grocery, my beef is with the state and the lobby. I probably didn't make it evident enough that my point is: the State needs to be out of the liquor business. The ABC is archaic and the laws of Mississippi are structured to keep tight rein on the business errr uh tax monies that are provided. And my beef with lobbyists is because they are bullying their will on the business and its not what's best for the state.

Mississippi needs to be an open state. Take control away from the ABC. Give distributors the ability to bring in, sell and deliver our own product to end users. Its worked for beer distribution and no one has missed a tax payment to the state. The nasty truth is that Mississippi missed millions upon millions of dollars in revenue the past few years due to incompetence and leadership. I have to be careful beyond that...
Correct.

Reactions: Spotdawg

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Walmarts in IL sell liquor, beer, and wine right next to the baby diapers. MS needs to do the same.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You're a little misguided my friend. I am all for open markets, Sunday sales and as I stated I will order wine from California to be delivered to my doorstep. Sell all the wine you want in grocery, my beef is with the state and the lobby. I probably didn't make it evident enough that my point is: the State needs to be out of the liquor business. The ABC is archaic and the laws of Mississippi are structured to keep tight rein on the business errr uh tax monies that are provided. And my beef with lobbyists is because they are bullying their will on the business and its not what's best for the state.

Mississippi needs to be an open state. Take control away from the ABC. Give distributors the ability to bring in, sell and deliver our own product to end users. Its worked for beer distribution and no one has missed a tax payment to the state. The nasty truth is that Mississippi missed millions upon millions of dollars in revenue the past few years due to incompetence and leadership. I have to be careful beyond that...
I am misguided? Dude, if you posted this the first time around, you wouldn't have gotten 80% of the comments that disagree with you.
Your prior posts are littered with distractions, if this is your actual point.

Now that it's cleared up though, fair enough.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I will be blunt. i dont care who of the group benefits as long as we are able to ship.....

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login