Biggest take away from 2021: Undefeated wearing white helmets.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
3-0 with our two biggest wins if the season. If Rodgers does in fact see the field better...and is quicker, more decisive in seeing the white helmets down field...would you be on board with wearing them for most games? This might sound stupid to some but what if there is some effect to this even if it was just a little.

patdog

May 28, 2007
If it was true white helmets help us win, of course we should wear them every game even thought they’re ugly. But it’s just a coincidence.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
I like the white helmets at home for early season games. However, they should never ever ever ever ever be worn with maroon pants and jerseys again (2019).

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
If it was true white helmets help us win, of course we should wear them every game even thought they’re ugly. But it’s just a coincidence.

In this particular offense don’t you think that receivers running down field in white helmets as opposed to maroon stick out in peripheral vision? Not to mention this might affect some more than others. Don’t you think maroon helmets and tops blend in with field a lot more than white? If the answer is yes to either of these questions then it does matter and has at least some effect. Even if that effect is a fraction of a second in decision making or timing.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
3-0 with our two biggest wins if the season. If Rodgers does in fact see the field better...and is quicker, more decisive in seeing the white helmets down field...would you be on board with wearing them for most games? This might sound stupid to some but what if there is some effect to this even if it was just a little.

As they exist in their current iteration, those white helmets are almost unwatchable. If there has finally been created a good excuse for not watching MSU football, those white helmets are it. If they would put (1) a maroon face mask, (2) a maroon stripe down the middle, (3) put numbers on the back of the helmet that straddle the stripe - see Nebraska, they would be halfway tolerable. But I've long complained about these sno-cone helmets (all the way back to Don Merlinz). If we ever go to them full-time, I'm out. Now that and a buck will get you a cup of coffee in a cheap restaurant, but so be it.

Aug 22, 2012
White helmets against A&M, Arkansas, Bama, Georgia, Oklahoma. Maroon against LSU, Auburn, Texas, Tennessee. Everyone else, whatever contrasts the most. This should be controversial really. Even if the advantage is slight, we should be taking every advantage we can.

jwhdog

Jul 2, 2018
I've never heard of another qb that needs to have white helmets on his receiver to see it. Gosh please don't change the helmet to white at all.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
In this particular offense don’t you think that receivers running down field in white helmets as opposed to maroon stick out in peripheral vision? Not to mention this might affect some more than others. Don’t you think maroon helmets and tops blend in with field a lot more than white? If the answer is yes to either of these questions then it does matter and has at least some effect. Even if that effect is a fraction of a second in decision making or timing.

Reposting because font screwed up. I post from my phone.

In this particular offense don’t you think that receivers running down the field in white helmets as opposed to maroon stick out in peripheral vision? Not to mention this might affect some more than others. Don’t you think maroon helmets and tops blend in with the field a lot more than white? If the answer is yes to either of these questions then it does matter and has at least some effect. Even if that effect is a fraction of a second in decision making or timing

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login