Bittersweet week for me

Dawgpound1996

Sep 8, 2015
Thursday marked the end of me working on the Hump. I’ve been involved in the life safety part of the job with regularity since it started. As a life long state fan it was really, really cool to walk through the locker rooms, film rooms, watch the old court get torn up, watch the new court get put down piece by piece, and work the the nice people at Mississippi State. It didn’t hurt that I got to watch a little practice when they where practicing in the Mize facility. I even got to see both coaches. I know everyone complains that the Hump looks the same, and I agree. The university absolutely did not get their moneys worth. Either way, I hate that it’s done. Oh well.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I had the privilege of working on some Hump projects in the summer of ‘96. Richard Williams was sporting a new Porsche 911. Nice a fellow you’d ever meet.

One afternoon, I saw him arrive and he kissed his wife goodbye as she got out of the car. I thought to myself, “Man, Richard’s wife sure has aged well, she looks like she’s still 20.” Good times

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I had the privilege of working on some Hump projects in the summer of ‘96. Richard Williams was sporting a new Porsche 911. Nice a fellow you’d ever meet.

One afternoon, I saw him arrive and he kissed his wife goodbye as she got out of the car. I thought to myself, “Man, Richard’s wife sure has aged well, she looks like she’s still 20.” Good times
That's great that the two of you got an inside look at the basketball program. It is also interesting the difference in opinion folks have of Richard Williams. Back then on Genespage there was a poster that said if he caught Richard crossing the road he would run him over. Evidently, Richard upset his dad some way.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Thursday marked the end of me working on the Hump. I’ve been involved in the life safety part of the job with regularity since it started. As a life long state fan it was really, really cool to walk through the locker rooms, film rooms, watch the old court get torn up, watch the new court get put down piece by piece, and work the the nice people at Mississippi State. It didn’t hurt that I got to watch a little practice when they were practicing in the Mize facility. I even got to see both coaches. I know everyone complains that the Hump looks the same, and I agree. The university absolutely did not get their moneys worth. Either way, I hate that it’s done. Oh well.
#WhereDidTheMoneyGo? #ThanksCohen

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

Jeff Goldblum Smiling GIF

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
How much different did people really think the Hump would look for only $50 mil?

That sounds like a ton of money, but is it today?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Thursday marked the end of me working on the Hump. I’ve been involved in the life safety part of the job with regularity since it started. As a life long state fan it was really, really cool to walk through the locker rooms, film rooms, watch the old court get torn up, watch the new court get put down piece by piece, and work the the nice people at Mississippi State. It didn’t hurt that I got to watch a little practice when they were practicing in the Mize facility. I even got to see both coaches. I know everyone complains that the Hump looks the same, and I agree. The university absolutely did not get their moneys worth. Either way, I hate that it’s done. Oh well.
Did the sub that wrecked the structural support get held accountable?

Dawgpound1996

Sep 8, 2015
How much different did people really think the Hump would look for only $50 mil?

That sounds like a ton of money, but is it today?
From what I heard from University employees…the university regrets the decision and wishes it would have started from scratch. Either way, it was cool to be a part of the project. I got to look and be in places most fans can’t.

• Angry
Reactions: HailStout
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login