Body cam from Nashville

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I'm far from an expert, but that looked like rapid & efficient work to neutralize the threat.

Why were the alarms going off? Was that from the onset of the attack? It seemed like they only went off as they breached the building. If they weren't on already, were they on to disorient the gunman? In my mind I would like to be able to more clearly communicate with my team without them.

I'll hang up and listen to any LEO's we've got on here.

Last edited:

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I'm far from an expert, but that looked like rapid & efficient work to neutralize the threat.

Why were the alarms going off? Was that from the onset of the attack? It seemed like they only when off as they breached the building. If they weren't on already, were they on to disorient the gunman? In my mind I would like to be able to more clearly communicate with my team without them.

I saw the video of the shooter blasting through the front doors, and it looked like alarms started then.

Reactions: paindonthurt

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I don't want to start another thread on this subject, but I only recently realized that one of our softball players was a survivor of the Stoneman Douglas shootings

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017

I was as guilty as anybody for turning yesterday’s thread into a dumpster fire. My apologies for that. Can we all just agree that this man is a freaking hero? Wow.

My only question would be why did they spend so much time searching the first floor after the lady told them that the shooter was upstairs.

Reactions: wrapit

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021

Why were the alarms going off? Was that from the onset of the attack? It seemed like they only when off as they breached the building. If they weren't on already, were they on to disorient the gunman? In my mind I would like to be able to more clearly communicate with my team without them.

A young girl who was killed pulled the alarm to try to save her classmates. Also a hero that requires a damn big monument to her bravery!!!!

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
My only question would be why did they spend so much time searching the first floor after the lady told them that the shooter was upstairs.
They are supposed to clear each room as they get to it. That changed when someone inside with them identifies the shooter in a known location. There was a chance the shooter had been seen on the second floor but returned to the first floor after the First Lady exited the building.

Last edited:

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
She/he never knew what hit her/him. Nicely done. Also good job by the school getting the kids out of the classrooms.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskyDawg

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Here's a few guesses: (1) active shooters tend to move around rather than hang out in one place; (2) they don't know how much time has passed since the witness first saw or heard the shooter; (3) there could be more than one active shooter. Those are off the top of my head.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Pronouns got jiggled around 'bout the perp. Still don't know if it was born with balls or not.

40mikemike

Sep 29, 2022
Because they have no idea if she knows what she’s talking about and people move. They do it for a living. Stop playing Monday morning quarterback.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
They have to methodically clear the building. They can't assume that the lady knows the whole situation. God bless those guys!

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
There is video from another cop’s camera. Another group tried to go to the second floor first, but the door was locked at the top of the stairs

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007

Why were the alarms going off? Was that from the onset of the attack? It seemed like they only went off as they breached the building. If they weren't on already, were they on to disorient the gunman? In my mind I would like to be able to more clearly communicate with my team without them.

I bet they turned the alarms on to disorient the shooter and provide cover noise. If it's dead quiet then the shooter might be able to hear the officers approach.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
How difficult not to just unload the entire clip at that point.

Also the body cam officer had body armor piercing bullets I'm guessing. Not sure what gun that was

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

I saw a video of yesterday that showed the perp enter the building and it looked like lights flashing during that video.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
Not a moment of hesitation from the LEO. As others said, very well trained. What an amazingly stressful situation with the alarms and all the uncertainty and chaos.

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login