Body cam from Nashville

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
What is terrible is that if you watch the second body cam video on that guy’s Twitter feed, you see the officers pass a motionless child lying in the hallway right before they kill that monster.

Pure evil. It is the only explanation for such an act.

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
My only question would be why did they spend so much time searching the first floor after the lady told them that the shooter was upstairs.
They are trained that way. They are trained to clear the building so the shooter doesn't get behind them. But when they hear shooting they are trained to attack the threat which is why they ran down the hallways on the 2nd floor passing up rooms because they heard the shots and could pin point the shooter.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I bet they turned the alarms on to disorient the shooter and provide cover noise. If it's dead quiet then the shooter might be able to hear the officers approach.
Nope a little girl pulled it to help and then was killed

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
In the videos I saw, one showed that only one officer had a helmet on, none of them had on a bullet proof vest, and the second one only had a pistol, not an AR-15 or similar. When duty called, they answered. True heroes.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
How difficult not to just unload the entire clip at that point.

Also the body cam officer had body armor piercing bullets I'm guessing. Not sure what gun that was
You don't know what an AR-15 looks like?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Absolutely. Whoever trained these guys...train more please. They all need raises.
Yup. Even if you have good cops, I don't think you have a response like that without great training and a good bit of it. Would not be surprised to have a swat team that well trained in a place like Nashville, but it looks like these were just who was on patrol and they were able to work together quickly and efficiently like that? That's pretty damn impressive.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
This was predictable..........

"The killer "was under care - doctor's care - for an emotional disorder", Chief Drake said, without providing further details"

Reactions: WilCoDawg

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Yup. Even if you have good cops, I don't think you have a response like that without great training and a good bit of it. Would not be surprised to have a swat team that well trained in a place like Nashville, but it looks like these were just who was on patrol and they were able to work together quickly and efficiently like that? That's pretty damn impressive.
Right. Those guys didn't miss a step. It was muscle memory - surely had prior experience with simulations of that. I know nothing about the individuals but it wouldn't surprise me if they had a combination of military experience + good community specific training for situations such as these. Sadly necessary, but glad it paid off here.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
The Venn diagram for sane and trans is two circles spaced well apart.
Yea, but not every mental illness involves a high risk of committing horrific violence. Lots of people with gender dysphoria or related disorders get awful treatment that exacerbates their issues or they get no treatment and manage to not go on a killing spree.

Reactions: msstatelp1

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
This was predictable..........

"The killer "was under care - doctor's care - for an emotional disorder", Chief Drake said, without providing further details"
And the parents were worried about guns and didn't want her to have any. For the millionth time, how do we let crazy people accumulate weapons like these?

Reactions: msstatelp1

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Not only good cops with great training, but you need enough of them so they be spread out in the municipality enabling a faster response time.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
And the parents were worried about guns and didn't want her to have any. For the millionth time, how do we let crazy people accumulate weapons like these?
I don't know how this manic got his/her weapons, but there are an estimated 400 mil unregistered firearms in the country. In some states, like MS, private sales are not regulated.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
They knew. They probably just totally blocked it from consciousness. I happen to believe that most people aren't totally stupid, if you talk to people, we all have a minimal amount of intelligence. I just think some are so obsessed and adapted to fitting in or acting a certain way, they are just better at allowing themselves to be convinced of things. It's like a bending of reality to cope with things.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I don't know how this manic got his/her weapons, but there are an estimated 400 mil unregistered firearms in the country. In some states, like MS, private sales are not regulated.
Purchased legally through a retailer I believe. There aren't any red flag laws in TN either to give her parents an opportunity to go that route - assuming they even thought about that.

Crazy people have the ability to obtain firearms here unless a court rules them insane.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Purchased them legally. There was nothing to flag them as not being allowed.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
A huge issue that for whatever reason is not being addressed is school safety/security. Within the last couple of years, NWR opened a new HS building. The main entrance for employees, students and visitors is at the front of the building. Visitors are supposed to peel off to a side door to the office, but can easily go straight, with a crowd, into the main hallway. That entry point is not controlled by a guard. A very poor and unsecure design. How is that new school buildings are not being designed better and existing building not be upgraded?

Reactions: WilCoDawg

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The Venn diagram for sane and trans is two circles spaced well apart.
Don't think I agree, but regardless, I would imagine being "brain" male and body female, or vice versa, would cause some mental health issues. Cause and effect is not clear, in other words.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
A huge issue that for whatever reason is not being addressed is school safety/security. Within the last couple of years, NWR opened a new HS building. The main entrance for employees, students and visitors is at the front of the building. Visitors are supposed to peel off to a side door to the office, but can easily go straight, with a crowd, into the main hallway. That entry point is not controlled by a guard. A very poor and unsecure design. How is that new school buildings are not being designed better and existing building not be upgraded?
Controlled access for a place that 200 to 2,000 people need access to everyday may be relatively simple, but it's not necessarily easy, especially if you are talking about not letting in crowds.

And of course it's worse with schools that have "campus" designs rather than a school building. Our local elementary schools are pretty easy to have security for. Our high school is a security nightmare. Even if you fenced the whole campus with barbwire on top, there are so many different places to go on campus. Trying to restrict entry by car to one or more entrances that have security checks would be a logistical nightmare. And then at the end of the day, I suspect the biggest risk is still from existing students, so if you're not searching cars and people on teh way in, you need multiple security screening points around campus.

I think with that type of set up realistically all you can do is have a badge system and armed security so that you hopefully will notice any one that doesn't belong more quickly, but I don't think you're going to be able to stop them from entering campus and getting to a building if they want.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Controlled access for a place that 200 to 2,000 people need access to everyday may be relatively simple, but it's not necessarily easy, especially if you are talking about not letting in crowds.

And of course it's worse with schools that have "campus" designs rather than a school building. Our local elementary schools are pretty easy to have security for. Our high school is a security nightmare. Even if you fenced the whole campus with barbwire on top, there are so many different places to go on campus. Trying to restrict entry by car to one or more entrances that have security checks would be a logistical nightmare. And then at the end of the day, I suspect the biggest risk is still from existing students, so if you're not searching cars and people on teh way in, you need multiple security screening points around campus.

I think with that type of set up realistically all you can do is have a badge system and armed security so that you hopefully will notice any one that doesn't belong more quickly, but I don't think you're going to be able to stop them from entering campus and getting to a building if they want.
In this particular situation, it wouldn't be hard, but expensive. "Manned" security controlling the access point(s) and checking credentials would suffice. Obviously, that would not stop someone (current student or current staff) who has the proper credentials.

This would prevent strangers from access the inside of the building, securing students outside would be another matter.

If a school has 4 access points, you'd only want to control all 4 at the beginning and end of the school day. All other times, entry and egress would go threw one or two access points.

There'd be no reason to make the guards look like SWAT team members. They could wear professional civilian clothes and carry a somewhat concealed handgun.

Last edited:

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Purchased legally through a retailer I believe. There aren't any red flag laws in TN either to give her parents an opportunity to go that route - assuming they even thought about that.

Crazy people have the ability to obtain firearms here unless a court rules them insane.
Maybe since her parents knew she had a gun or two, and knew she was under care, they should have been more diligent about what she had since she actually lived with them. The mom is also a gun hater so that makes their situation even more strange.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
Maybe since her parents knew she had a gun or two, and knew she was under care, they should have been more diligent about what she had since she actually lived with them. The mom is also a gun hater so that makes their situation even more strange.
Perhaps the the perp also disliked guns but disliked her targets more.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Perhaps the the perp also disliked guns but disliked her targets more.
She seemed to enjoy them and know (somewhat) how to handle them per the video. Didn’t look like any dislike to me. Especially how she had stickers on the mags. Regardless, she was crazy and evil.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
She seemed to enjoy them and know (somewhat) how to handle them per the video. Didn’t look like any dislike to me. Especially how she had stickers on the mags. Regardless, she was crazy and evil.
I have no idea if it was crazy or evil, but I can tell you how it will be spending it's eternity. Nothing excuses taking another's life. If its parents knew it had guns while also understanding it had mental issues then they should be locked up. Those babies deserved better than some he or she freak that can not cope with life putting them in their graves at six years old. Those cops did exactly what they should do in wasting that freak.

Last edited:
Reactions: CochiseCowbell

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
This is where I’m at too. All schools campuses should have one access point where you drive through a guarded gate with a car sticker. The coward tr@nine said it picked this school because it had less visible security. Schools shouldn’t be any different than guys entering the gates at the shipyard or Nissan plant.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login