Boobie speaks on it for us

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He knows what he is talking about. I think Leach feels like this team can improve, that every player has more to accomplish and if they can't improve, he thinks he can replace them and it be an upgrade. I'm not sure he isn't correct. He knows more about it than me. Polk came in and took off. Some of our receivers are slacking. Last year when we couldn't run against a 3 man line that was pretty weak in my opinion. I been watching DJ since recruitment but we will get a replacement and continue to improve

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He knows what he is talking about. I think Leach feels like this team can improve, that every player has more to accomplish and if they can't improve, he thinks he can replace them and it be an upgrade. I'm not sure he isn't correct. He knows more about it than me. Polk came in and took off. Some of our receivers are slacking. Last year when we couldn't run against a 3 man line that was pretty weak in my opinion. I been watching DJ since recruitment but we will get a replacement and continue to improve
Agree.

MSU football isn't for everybody. It's not a blue blood program. We have to do things differently. The longer this new era drags on with no guardrails, the more thankful I am that we have a hardass like Leach in charge of it. We need to stay away from the garbage and just survive.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He is definitely right, that most coaches push you.

Some can handle it, some cannot.
All different types of people. Everyone responds differently to different styles of coaching. The trick is to find the best way to coach each player. It's not a one size fits all. Some players do well with harsh criticism others don't. That's part of a coaches job is to find the method that works best for each player. Being a hard *** on each player isn't exactly going to work. Something I've learned being a manager in the work place in recruiting and retention and being a leader. You can't approach every employee in the same way. If you have talented people and want to keep them you have to figure it what works best for them to make them a better employee. That's the job. Same for coaches and football players. It does take some effort from the football player or employee, but from what I saw from DJ this season he was pretty dang tough. His tweet not so much. But leach says a lot of things publicly about his players too so he sets the example by doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I think you have to. It's becoming a business. If you aren't ready for it too, kids these days will go elsewhere
Coddling them will not build a winning football team. Im not sure what kind of folks you work with but I'm in a blue collar industry and have never worked with such whiny people in my life. Very low work ethic

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Coddling them will not build a winning football team. Im not sure what kind of folks you work with but I'm in a blue collar industry and have never worked with such whiny people in my life. Very low work ethic
I'm not saying coddling everyone or anyone for that matter but everyone handles criticism differently. Football players are no different. I work in the science and engineering field. Each one of my employees are different. I have to supervise them differently and critique them differently. Trying to critique everyone the same way and being a hard *** on everyone the same way is like trying to use the wrong kind of screw driver, you might get some results but you won't get the best results.
From what it sounds like though, Dillon was leaving leach mentioned to someone else that Dillon wasn't tough, gets back to Dillon and puts the nail in the coffin. Then Dillon gets online and blast leach which only further drives the nail. Best for both parties to move on at that point.
As a manager you have to be careful about what you say about people you are over. Could get out unless you don't have a problem saying it to their face. Which I don't think Leach does. But I can have a negative or positive effect depending on the person. Of course some one calls you not tough, I would imagine you would have a rebuttal. Probably ask them to meet you on the south farm.

Reactions: BigDawg0074
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login