Bowl game uniforms!

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Why have we not gotten an official look? Is it some sort of double secret probation? Where are you #hailstate!

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
As I said a week or so ago.
We are the BULLDOGS.
Our colors are Maroon and White.
We aren’t Pirates and our colors for damn sure aren’t black and silver.
Honor Coach Leach!
Remember Coach Leach!
In a couple of of different classy and respectful ways but we don’t change our whole 17-ing identity.
I don’t get why most can’t grasp this!

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
We are the BULLDOGS.
Honor Coach Leach!
Remember Coach Leach!
In a couple of of different classy and respectful ways but we don’t change our whole 17-ing identity.
I "Liked" your take cuz I feel ya. But maybe this time let's let the youngsters make the call who knew The Pirate. I have no idea what they will be wearing but I'm pumped for this game and want the win BAD. I gotta feelin' the whole country will be pullin' for us. I almost feel sorry for IL but naw, I wanna win big and whip their a$$. I still need to find a reason to hate IL. Searching.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
We are the BULLDOGS.
Honor Coach Leach!
Remember Coach Leach!
Ok...we will get off your lawn.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
We are the BULLDOGS.
Honor Coach Leach!
Remember Coach Leach!
Busch Beer GIF by Busch

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
We are the BULLDOGS.
Honor Coach Leach!
Remember Coach Leach!
1672447790241.jpeg

Rockydawg

Mar 3, 2008
We are the BULLDOGS.
Honor Coach Leach!
Remember Coach Leach!
Lighten up, Francis.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Some things are bigger than what color we wear in one game. It's not as if our baseball team didn't wear black & white quite a lot in the past. I hope we have a classy, meaningful way to honor Mike Leach and one that perhaps gives his family whatever joy they may get from it, regardless of color.
I don’t understand why some people are so against us wearing black jerseys for the bowl game. We wear black jerseys in baseball and basketball all the time. I wouldn’t be opposed to black jerseys, but I would be ok if we wore our regular uniforms too as long as we had a pirate flag or some other Leach inspired logo on the helmets.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
We are the BULLDOGS.
Honor Coach Leach!
Remember Coach Leach!
It’s one damn game in a pirate themed stadium. Nobody’s suggesting we change the team name.

Maybe it’s time to switch to water.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I don’t understand why some people are so against us wearing black jerseys for the bowl game. We wear black jerseys in baseball and basketball all the time. I wouldn’t be opposed to black jerseys, but I would be ok if we wore our regular uniforms too as long as we had a pirate flag or some other Leach inspired logo on the helmets.
It's supposed to be 82 in Tampa on Monday. I'd prefer we wear all white with a Maroon helmet

patdog

May 28, 2007
Because I 17ing hate black jerseys for us in any sport.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
It’s one damn game in a pirate themed stadium. Nobody’s suggesting we change the team name.
Yeah I wouldn't care if we wore black as a tribute to Leach for ONE GAME. However there has been ridiculous suggestions on a number of occasions over the past weeks... such as a Jolly Roger permanently at DWS and so on. A "pump the brakes" is warranted occasionally.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Yeah I wouldn't care if we wore black as a tribute to Leach for ONE GAME. However there has been ridiculous suggestions on a number of occasions over the past weeks... such as a Jolly Roger permanently at DWS and so on. A "pump the brakes" is warranted occasionally.
I actually don’t think a permanent tribute to Leach is a bad thing, even if it is a flag. This was a Head Coach that died while he was still Head Coach.

So we fly a Jolly Roger with “LEACH” under it or something to that effect. What’s the big deal?

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
If the team isn’t wearing black with State on the front, matching Leach’s sweatshirt, the powers that be failed. That’s the perfect and most logical way to honor the coach. It was his “uniform” every game. We can dedicate 1 game matching his routine and honoring him.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
If the team isn’t wearing black with State on the front, matching Leach’s sweatshirt, the powers that be failed. That’s the perfect and most logical way to honor the coach. It was his “uniform” every game. We can dedicate 1 game matching his routine and honoring him.
And instead of “State” in the bowl game endzone, it better 17ing say “Leach.”

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I actually don’t think a permanent tribute to Leach is a bad thing, even if it is a flag. This was a Head Coach that died while he was still Head Coach.

So we fly a Jolly Roger with “LEACH” under it or something to that effect. What’s the big deal?

We have not done any memorials for active players that died while on roster and in school.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
We have not done any memorials for active players that died while on roster and in school.
I assume you mean permanent memorials. Seems like a miss by the athletic department if that’s true.

Softball has an annual tournament called “The Snowman” to honor Alex Wilcox, integrated teal into their uniform rotation, and have a ribbon shaped like an 8 in the outfield wall.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Not saying I’m for some alternate uniform, but geez, we’ve worn some stupid alternate kits for lots less reason. But I’d be surprised if anything major was done, wasn’t much time. Maybe a helmet.
let’s just win the effing game.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
Why have we not gotten an official look? Is it some sort of double secret probation? Where are you #hailstate!
They’ve posted the uniforms all season on Friday or Saturday morning so we probably won’t see anything on what they’ll wear until Sunday night or Monday morning first thing.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
You’ve already forgotten Nick Bell??

Black Stripe on the 36 yard line, helmet stickers, Simmons wore #36, Nick‘s mom on the 36-yard line ringing a cowbell.

Danmmm we have some short sighted fans…
I seem to recall we painted something on the field for Rodney Stowers in 1991-2 and we also had Keffer McGee's initials on our helmets in 1997.

Showing my age here

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I still need to find a reason to hate IL. Searching.

Big 10 Conference
No real rivalry game (Northwestern presumably)
Revenge for the shutout beat down they put on us in 1923
Rubber game match up (1-1 all time)
Have colors similar to Auburn
Politically incorrect nickname
Average team like MSU (~.500 all time) so we need to separate ourselves from mediocrity
Chicago
Democrats
Weather
etc.
etc.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Big 10 Conference
No real rivalry game (Northwestern presumably)
Revenge for the shutout beat down they put on us in 1923
Rubber game match up (1-1 all time)
Have colors similar to Auburn
Politically incorrect nickname
Average team like MSU (~.500 all time) so we need to separate ourselves from mediocrity
Chicago
Democrats
Weather
etc.
etc.
Oh Hell YEA!! It's ON!!! LMAO. Thank You Sir.

Reactions: MagicDawg

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Lower your expectations. Preparing alternate unis isn't nearly as simple as you seem to think.

And putting "Leach" in the end zone is a terrible idea. Put Mississippi State and some type of Leach tribute symbol.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
They probably didn't have enough time to do this, but the Buc's helmet with State colors (white helmet, maroon flag I guess) and maybe the skull is a bulldog's skull would be phenomenal. I mean we are in their stadium. We did something similar when we played in Gillette against UMASS.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login