Bowl Outlook

GTAdawg

Sep 11, 2010
Any speculation around what the bowl game outlook is in the scenario that we win or lose the Egg Bowl?

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Norte dame gator bowl would be great

if Clemson drops their last game, it would be awesome to play them. I think we would beat them pretty bad.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Jerry palm has us in Texas bowl,against oklahoma

Arkansas in gator against notre dame. Notre dame is actually playing Well right now.
clemson has to be the most overrated team in the country.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Brett McMurphy's projection this morning has us in the Las Vegas Bowl against UCLA. Pretty sweet if you ask me

College Football Bowl Predictions for Week 13: Brett McMurphy's Updated Projections With Projected Spreads (actionnetwork.com)
He appears to have Florida beating FSU to get to Tampa and taken over us, then the Gator taking SoCar over us, and the Texas Bowl taking Arkansas over us. Oh, and I guess Kentucky beating Louisville to get the Music City over us. So, pretty much five 7-5 SEC teams, and we get picked last. I don't think there will be five 7-5 teams.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We still have a path to the Citrus Bowl if we win Thursday and SC loses at Clemson. Not a guarantee they would pick us at that point but we’d be firmly in the discussion as an 8-4 team that beat the only other 8-4 team.

That said, we also need Tennessee/Bama/LSU to all make the NY6, if that doesn’t happen then one of them will be in Orlando.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I believe if we win the Egg, and Bama, LSU, , and UT all remain in the NY6, then we will get the Citrus. If we lose there are a myriad of scenarios in play, but I think it'll be Vegas or Texas.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
He appears to have Florida beating FSU to get to Tampa and taken over us, then the Gator taking SoCar over us, and the Texas Bowl taking Arkansas over us. Oh, and I guess Kentucky beating Louisville to get the Music City over us. So, pretty much five 7-5 SEC teams, and we get picked last. I don't think there will be five 7-5 teams.
Sadly, we probably will be last taken in that scenario. Our travel for the last few bowls has not been good.....

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Then they just dont want us
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Brett McMurphy's projection this morning has us in the Las Vegas Bowl against UCLA. Pretty sweet if you ask me

College Football Bowl Predictions for Week 13: Brett McMurphy's Updated Projections With Projected Spreads (actionnetwork.com)

The problem with the Las Vegas Bowl is that it's December 17th. So unless they get an announcement done before the SEC championship game, you're going to have to buy plane tickets around 10-12 days out. For the weekend before Christmas. Guessing those won't be cheap.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
The problem with the Las Vegas Bowl is that it's December 17th. So unless they get an announcement done before the SEC championship game, you're going to have to buy plane tickets around 10-12 days out. For the weekend before Christmas. Guessing those won't be cheap.
You can book MEM->LAS every day around that weekend nonstop on Spirit for $213.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
You can book MEM->LAS every day around that weekend nonstop on Spirit for $213.
I was assuming prices would get more expensive when you're trying to book inside of two weeks. Seems like every time I've had to do that I've payed a pretty good penalty, but maybe that's because i'm usually flying from **** airports and not on direct flights.

jackbaddawg

Nov 16, 2005
We need to just beat OM *** and maybe get a more close to home Bowl like Music City , Gator or Citrus so fans can drive to it and show up . Las Vegas is too far .

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Dang I was hoping the Las Vegas Bowl would be closer to new years. That date does stink. And you would think they would try to make it a bigger bowl since it is the only bowl game between SEC and Pac12 teams

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
ESPN projects Ole Miss in the Citrus Bowl right now. I'm thinking that is with the assumption that they win the Egg Bowl.
Bama, Tennessee, and LSU are set for the NY6 (which would almost make the NY6 the SEC non-champ invitational).

Any of those guys lose this weekend and they're in the Citrus.

For State to get the Citrus, I think the following has to happen:
  1. State wins the Egg Bowl.
  2. Bama, Tennessee, and LSU win this weekend.
  3. Georgia wins this weekend.
  4. TCU wins out.
  5. Ohio State beats Michigan handily.
  6. USC wins out.
  7. Washington or Oregon loses this weekend.
  8. Clemson wins out.

I think that very likely leaves us with the following scenario:
Playoffs: Georgia, Ohio State, USC, TCU
Non-CFP NY6: Bama, Tennessee, LSU, Michigan, Washington/Oregon, Clemson, Tulane, K-State/UNC/FSU/PSU?

That would leave State, Ole Miss, and South Carolina with the same conference record and State/Ole Miss would have a better overall record.
State would be two weeks removed from beating Ole Miss, which I feel like gives us the nod.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Las Vegas also has a terrible payout.
I did a breakdown of the SEC contract bowls and each SEC school's "take home pay".

State would lose about $200,000 for being in the LV Bowl instead of the Liberty, Music City, or Gator and about $725,000 from the Citrus, Reliaquest, and Texas.

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
Norte dame gator bowl would be great

if Clemson drops their last game, it would be awesome to play them. I think we would beat them pretty bad.
They would beat us 17-13. They have good athletes. They'd shut down our offense as Leach would throw 80% of the time.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I’d take LV Bowl vs UCLA but the Gator vs Notre Dame or Citrus vs Penn State would be a great way to end 2022

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login