Bowl Projections: post-Week 4

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Trend from the previous listing will be marked as ▲,▼, or -, if available. Due to SEC bowl tiers, some trends are subjective.

CBS: Texas Bowl vs Texas -
CFN: Music City Bowl vs Michigan State
247Sports: Las Vegas Bowl vs UCLA -
Brett McMurphy: Texas Bowl vs TCU -
SaturdayDownSouth: Liberty Bowl vs Iowa State
Athlon Sports: Texas Bowl vs Texas -
USA Today: Texas Bowl vs Texas
Schlabach: Birmingham Bowl vs SMU -
Bonagura: Music City Bowl vs Wisconsin -

Not yet updated, along with last week's pick:
LWOS: Liberty Bowl vs Kansas

ESPN Insider and/or The Athletic updates appreciated.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
From ESPN+:

Schlabach- Birmingham Bowl vs SMU
Bonagura: Music City vs Wisconsin

Kind of a wild swing in terms of opponent prestige.

was21

May 29, 2007
Good deal of inconsistency in these bowl projections. Guess it's fitting since we're somewhat inconsistent in performance so far.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Who would take Las Vegas Bowl right now vs UCLA or Music City vs Wisconsin or Texas vs Texas ?
That’s a tough one bc if we somehow win these next two, beating KY is a possibility and that puts us at a chance at 9-3
Does that get us the Citrus ?
Possible outside shot at Sugar or Cotton ?
These next 3 games are HUGE for us.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Still a wide range of very possible finishes for this team. 2 pretty sure wins and 2 pretty sure losses, then 4 games that could legitimately go either way. The pessimistic view is the only team we've played with a pulse outscored us 31-3 once they woke up. The optimistic view is other than that game we've generally played pretty well, those 4 teams are all beatable, and if we can just figure out that we've got a couple of receivers that need to sit, we could finish 8-4 or 9-3. The truth is probably somewhere in between. That said, I'd take the Vegas or Texas bowls right now.

Last edited:

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
If it came with 8 regular season wins, me too.

I'm scarred from LSU, so that's my current state of mind: give me 8-4 with an Egg Bowl win and I'll gladly wreck my currently-planned December schedule and head to Vegas.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login