Bowl Projections: Pre-Selection Edition

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Truck is in the shop for a head gasket replacement, so I can't make it to church. Since I saw so many experts adjusting their picks, I figured I'd get it recorded. There does appear to be a theme this time.

Trend from the previous listing will be marked as ▲,▼, or -, if available. Due to SEC bowl tiers, some trends are subjective.

CBS: Gator Bowl vs NC State - (opponent change from ND)
CFN: Gator Bowl vs NC State ▲
247Sports: Outback Bowl vs Minnesota ▲
Brett McMurphy: Gator Bowl vs NC State - (opponent change from ND)
SaturdayDownSouth: Gator Bowl vs NC State ▲
Athlon Sports: Gator Bowl vs UNC ▼
USA Today: Gator Bowl vs UNC - (no change)
ProFootballNetwork: Music City vs Minnesota - (opponent change from Iowa)
LWOS: Gator Bowl vs Florida State ▲
Sporting News: Music City vs Minnesota ▼
College Sports Madness: Liberty Bowl vs Baylor (no change)
Sports Illustrated: Liberty Bowl vs Kansas (no update given)
Yahoo Sports: Gator Bowl vs NC State ▲
Bleacher Report : Gator Bowl vs UNC (no change)

Assistance requested for:
The Athletic: Texas vs Oklahoma -
Schlabach: Las Vegas Bowl vs Oregon State -
Bonagura: Texas Bowl vs Oklahoma State -

Reactions: was21

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Schlabach: Gator vs. Notre Dame
Bonagura: Texas vs. OK State
The Athetic: Music City vs. Iowa

snoopdog

Mar 25, 2008
USCe has their panties in a wad wanting to play Notre Dame. We don’t have an AD right now.
They are 8-4 like us and we didn’t
play each other. Funny how they are “calling the shots.” They lost to Georgia, Arkansas, Florida Mizzouri. We lost to Georgia, Bama, LSU, Kentucky. I realize they got 2 huge wins at the end but it isn’t like there is a 2 win difference between USC and State. With that said, I would love Tampa on January 2 over Jacksonville December 30.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
The only projections worth watching is McMurphy and the Athletic. The McMurphy move makes me feel better than I did last night.

Texas is a higher paying Bowl than Gator and we’ve never been there. Decent shot at a helmet win if it comes to that.

Reactions: VegasDawg13

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Man, it seems like we've gone from possibilities against ND, Oklahoma, Texas, and Oregon to a bunch of meh in just one week.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
The only projections worth watching is McMurphy and the Athletic. The McMurphy move makes me feel better than I did last night.

Texas is a higher paying Bowl than Gator and we’ve never been there. Decent shot at a helmet win if it comes to that.
McMurohy knows his stuff. Follow his Twitter today for some early news on bowls. The Athletic, meh, they've had us in the Music City even after beating Ole Miss.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
The Athletic reports why they are hearing things. That’s what I like about them.

McMurphy just updates his projections. Sometimes he tweets why.
McMurohy knows his stuff. Follow his Twitter today for some early news on bowls. The Athletic, meh, they've had us in the Music City even after beating Ole Miss.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Texas is in the Alamo Bowl vs Washington.
LSU vs Purdue in Citrus

per Brett McMurphy.

Check Texas and Purdue off the list as possible opponents.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
It's going to be Tampa or Jville. Waiting on ND to make decision on Gator vs SC, or Cheez It vs Oklahoma

Reactions: Mjoelner

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
From McMurphy: Many moving parts & some decisions still to be made w/in SEC & ACC that could impact multiple bowls

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
As I stated, if Notre Dame decides Gator it's them and SC, and us vs Illinois in Tampa. If they decide Holiday, SC goes to Tampa, and we get UNC in Jville. Freaking Irish holding things up

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
ND choosing between Gator and Holiday. Tenn vs Purdue for CheezIt.
LSU vs Purdue in Cheeze It Citrus Bowl. There is a Cheeze It Bowl also in Orlando between the ACC/ND and Big 12. Looks like ND is out on that one. It's between the Gator and Holiday.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Well, they have two open invitations. Depending on which they accept, the SEC will make their choices.
Yeah. We aren't playing ND. If they pick Gator it's against SC, and we go to Tampa vs Illinois. If they pick Holiday vs Oregon, SC goes to Tampa, and we get sent to Jville vs UNC who gets booted from the Holiday by ND.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Holiday Bowl is ACC vs Pac-12 in San Diego, btw.

ND would be accepting the ACC slot.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Arkansas to Liberty.
OM to Music City now?

I'm still thinking Tampa v Illinois for us.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
judging by the responses to Brett’s tweets, the schittbirds are unhappy about it. I love it.
They didn't want it. They actually thought they were going to bump us out of a Florida game. SEC and our athletic department showed them their place.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Peach - UGA
Sugar - Bama
Orange - UT
Citrus - LSU
Las Vegas - Florida
Texas - Ole Miss
Liberty - Arkansas
Birmingham - No SEC
Music City -