CFN: Belk Bowl vs Miami
247Sports: Gasparilla Bowl vs BYU
Brett McMurphy: Texas Bowl vs Oklahoma
SaturdayDownSouth: Birmingham Bowl vs Kansas
Athlon Sports: Birmingham Bowl vs Marshall
ProFootballNetwork: Birmingham Bowl vs SMU
LWOS: Gasparilla Bowl vs Purdue
Sporting News: Birmingham Bowl vs Wake Forest
College Sports Madness: Las Vegas vs Oregon (he has the rotation messed up, so this would be the equivalent of the Belk Bowl vs Pitt)
Bleacher Report : Gasparilla Bowl vs Western Kentucky
The Athletic: No Bowl
Schlabach: Liberty Bowl vs TCU
Bonagura: Belk Bowl vs Syracuse
USA Today: Birmingham Bowl vs SMU

Not out yet:
Sports Illustrated
Yahoo Sports

Take away:
Of 14 predictions, 8 have us in Birmingham or lower. McMurphy has us in the best slot in the Texas Bowl.

Last edited:
Reactions: was21

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
If those are our choices, I'd just as soon go to the Liberty or maybe Birmingham. The team would probably vote Liberty so they could go to a NBA game and see Ja' play. His suspension should be over by then. Birmingham or Memphis would be the best supported bowls by our fans simply due to the distance. I really don't like any of those bowls so we might as well play in one our average fans would be able to attend on a reasonable budget.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If those are our choices, I'd just as soon go to the Liberty or maybe Birmingham. The team would probably vote Liberty so they could go to a NBA game and see Ja' play. His suspension should be over by then. Birmingham or Memphis would be the best supported bowls by our fans simply due to the distance. I really don't like any of those bowls so we might as well play in one our average fans would be able to attend on a reasonable budget.
The Grizzlies don’t play at home that week. Their last home game before the Liberty Bowl on 12/29 is on 12/21.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
What, was poulen weedeater bowl not a selection?
No SEC tie-in this year, though it could be soon if the Pac-12 and/or Conference USA go away:

SeasonPlanned matchup
2023Big 12Pac-12
2024ArmyPac-12
2025Big 12C-USA

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login