Bowl tickets through MSU

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So apparently State is pretty close to selling their ticket allotment but that doesn’t take much since it’s just two sections…that are in the corner.

829E12E0-8BB6-48F5-8CFA-68EB57DB59F6.jpeg
059C3B98-A756-49B9-9662-DA3485EB4A0A.jpeg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You can pay $90 + fees to MSU or, you can go to StubHub and purchase them in section 239 for $57 ($70 including fees) No thanks MSU. For the same $90 you pay MSU you can drop down to section 139 in lower section and be on goal line instead of corner of endzone in middle level. Something not right w/ that picture. By game day they will be less than that, probably much less, on StubHub

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
So apparently State is pretty close to selling their ticket allotment but that doesn’t take much since it’s just two sections…that are in the corner.

View attachment 275230
View attachment 275233
Curious if people who preordered got club sections on sideline? In 2019 I bought through school I got front row of section 134, which thankfully allowed access up into the air conditioned club area.

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
You can pay $90 + fees to MSU or, you can go to StubHub and purchase them in section 239 for $57 ($70 including fees) No thanks MSU. For the same $90 you pay MSU you can drop down to section 139 in lower section and be on goal line instead of corner of endzone in middle level. Something not right w/ that picture. By game day they will be less than that, probably much less, on StubHub
I have argued this for years in person and on "another sports message board" associated with MSU only to get shredded by blue hairs who think they're entitled to special seating and the MSU heirarchy. I'm like screw this, I've gotten better tickets through stubhub , cheaper too, every single time. If MSU wants ticket sales through MSU, then MSU should compete.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
They are offering 3 BDC points now per ticket at least. So you get credit as if you donated $300 to BDC. I’d still pick Stubhub this year though.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
I have argued this for years in person and on "another sports message board" associated with MSU only to get shredded by blue hairs who think they're entitled to special seating and the MSU heirarchy. I'm like screw this, I've gotten better tickets through stubhub , cheaper too, every single time. If MSU wants ticket sales through MSU, then MSU should compete.
It's not a question of competing...the Athletic Department has to sell the tickets they are given...and just so you know...the Bulldog club has to pay for their Allotment up front. the sponsors who put up the money to make the bowl payout possible get the best tickets... so Yes you can get a better ticket on the secondary market but thats a function of how the bowl structure is set up...no need to get all mad ....just understand the dynamic and deal with it

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
I didn't pay any fees when I bought my tickets through MSU

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
Curious if people who preordered got club sections on sideline? In 2019 I bought through school I got front row of section 134, which thankfully allowed access up into the air conditioned club area.
I pre-ordered and they sent an email Sunday asking if I wanted Club or regular ticket..I confirmed Club and my tickets are in 237

Last edited:
Reactions: rynodawg

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
NEVER buying bowl tickets through the school again. Overpay for garbage seats. Give me my stubhub options for bowl games

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I didn't pay any fees when I bought my tickets through MSU
With all other tickets whether it be baseball, football or whatever they charge a fee for shipping/handling. They even charge a fee if you walk into the Bryan Bldg and buy them in person

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Those are pretty much the worst seats in the stadium, equal to the other 3 corners.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
This is the original pre-order email. So there were decent seats available according to this.

Tickets for the yet to be determined bowl game that the Bulldogs are going to this year will be $140 for club seats and $90 for reserved seating. Bowl game tickets will be located along the sideline down to the endzone. Pre-ordering will save you on your tickets as there will not be any per ticket fees. Please be aware that seats will be assigned in priority point rank order among the pre-orders with the highest price point being assigned first. Also, all pre-ordered tickets receive priority over anyone ordering after the deadline of tomorrow, December 2nd.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
So assuming that Illinois is also just getting two small sections, that means that the schools are getting a combined what… 4-5k tickets?

do they really think that there are 60k sponsors, clients, and execs out there that want to go to this thing?

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
With all other tickets whether it be baseball, football or whatever they charge a fee for shipping/handling. They even charge a fee if you walk into the Bryan Bldg and buy them in person
Well a set handling charge per order is a far cry from taxes and fees per ticket based on percentage

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
This is the original pre-order email. So there were decent seats available according to this.

Tickets for the yet to be determined bowl game that the Bulldogs are going to this year will be $140 for club seats and $90 for reserved seating. Bowl game tickets will be located along the sideline down to the endzone. Pre-ordering will save you on your tickets as there will not be any per ticket fees. Please be aware that seats will be assigned in priority point rank order among the pre-orders with the highest price point being assigned first. Also, all pre-ordered tickets receive priority over anyone ordering after the deadline of tomorrow, December 2nd.
If they really sold the club sections for $140, that’s actually a decent deal. The face for those is $170 plus fees ($207) on Ticketmaster. Those sections MIGHT drop to $100 or below by gameday, but might not. The corner $90 seats are not worth it unless someone just really wants the BDC points.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login