Bowl Tickets

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
What is the best strategy for a good deal? Should I wait until near game day and then look for them online? What are the best ticket sites?

Eta- I'm not a BC member.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
What is the best strategy for a good deal? Should I wait until near game day and then look for them online? What are the best ticket sites?
I'll probably buy from Stub Hub the night before the game or the morning of the game After the Orange Bowl, I'm never getting burned on tickets through MSU again. The last time in Tampa we Stub Hubbed the day before the game and got front row tickets of the upper deck around the 30 yard line for I think around $60. For the Orange Bowl, I was toward the top of the upper deck on about the 10 yard line for around $165 each. The university did later refund it back down to $145 each.

Reactions: 32 Dive

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Best deals are on secondary market. But those don't count for our allotment and that's what bowls want to see. Sales by the schools. It's why we getting ****** bowls and matchups (last AD not withstanding).

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I'll probably buy from Stub Hub the night before the game or the morning of the game After the Orange Bowl, I'm never getting burned on tickets through MSU again. The last time in Tampa we Stub Hubbed the day before the game and got front row tickets of the upper deck around the 30 yard line for I think around $60. For the Orange Bowl, I was toward the top of the upper deck on about the 10 yard line for around $165 each. The university did later refund it back down to $145 each.
Thanks. Kind of what I was thinking.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
You will get better tickets not going through the school. You might be able to go to that bowl game site and buy really good tickets.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Best deals are on secondary market. But those don't count for our allotment and that's what bowls want to see. Sales by the schools. It's why we getting ****** bowls and matchups (last AD not withstanding).
What better bowl/matchup could we have gotten this year? I think this one is the best short of the Citrus Bowl, and there was no way we were going there, regardless of ticket sales.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
What better bowl/matchup could we have gotten this year? I think this one is the best short of the Citrus Bowl, and there was no way we were going there, regardless of ticket sales.
This year, not another. But this bowl did not want us and pushed for other schools. The SEC took up our slack or we'd be in Nashville. SEC won't always do that and next year we should have a great shot at a great bowl situation.
But like I said, best deals are secondary market.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
The best reason to buy from the school was the bulldog club points. Used to award 1 or 2 lifetime points per ticket. Don’t think they are doing that anymore. So just buy from StubHub within 24 hours before kickoff

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Well maybe the bowls shouldn’t give the schools sh*tty tickets.
Well, the school has to buy the extra tickets, so that hurts our bottom line. Next time you complain about short comings in athletics, remember we had to blow a huge wad on unused tickets.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Well, the school has to buy the extra tickets, so that hurts our bottom line. Next time you complain about short comings in athletics, remember we had to blow a huge wad on unused tickets.
If I’m going to travel all the way to Florida to watch a bowl game I’m going to try and get decent seats and not endzone seats. If the athletic department has to eat it then so be it.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
If I’m going to travel all the way to Florida to watch a bowl game I’m going to try and get decent seats and not endzone seats. If the athletic department has to eat it then so be it.

$90 a piece in the corner of the end zone.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I paid like 75 and sat on 50 yard line about 25 rows up. they screwed me the in past so I learned quick only buy from stubhub. Cheaper better seats

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Exactly trying to push us to by those seats is dumb when I can go to third party and get great seats for less

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
Well maybe the bowls shouldn’t give the schools sh*tty tickets.
I have never, ever, not ever, gotten decent tickets going thru the school.
Worst seats ever were the Orange Bowl where I swear we paid $150 to sit in the endzone, in a stadium that was about half full.
Never again...

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Not buying from MSU again. Bought those terrible Orange Bowl tickets through them and when we got there tickets could be had all over the area for $20 or less. We saw a few guys w/ handfulls selling them for $5 right before we went in. The bowl gives a lot of them away to the sponsors (Capital One) locally as well as to their corporate employees around the country. Nobody in Miami area or Capital One corporate gives any damns nor schitts about MSU or Georgia Tech and those people try to sell them off online or in stadium, I don't blame them for selling them and you can't blame anyone for buying them that cheap.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Worst seats ever were the Orange Bowl where I swear we paid $150 to sit in the endzone, in a stadium that was about half full.
Never again...
They burned a lot of people with that game.
I learned my lesson from music city bowl in 2011

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Never again...
Seats have generally gotten better the last few bowls. I always bought through the school for the BDC points but won't anymore since they aren't offering them. Last year had great 50 yard line seats to witness our *** kicking in Memphis. Good club level seats at most recent Gator and Music City. Outback sucked - I was in the endzone. During the Mullen era they all sucked (Belk bowl was ok - club level was nice but my location sucked).

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The allotted tickets for the Liberty Bowl are the end zones. It’s BS.
I remember that. In 13 I bought off stubhub for less and sat on 40. Just doesn't make sense to but from school. The allotments always suck unless you are a 1% er like fishwater. For mid to low people to seats suck. Better to just buy resells from the corporations and locals who get the hood seats or buy directly from the bowl. I don't know how the fix that because sponsors pay for the bowl. They want the better seats. But I won't buy from school for bowl games. Every bowl game I've sat very comfortably after I started buying from stubhub

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
$90 a piece in the corner of the end zone.
When we went to Tampa in 2018, I bought through the bulldog club. I think the tickets were 85 a piece if I recall correctly. The BDC offered extra points for bowl ticket purchases because they weren't selling well.

My seats were - you guessed it - in the endzone.

I could've bought tickets on the 50 off stubhub for about half of what I paid the ticket office for.

Bowls should offer better seats to the schools. Unfortunately, they hold out the best seats for their corporate sponsors.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I never understand the person says we have to do what is best for the school no matter what. Speaking for myself I am a third generation bulldog that has not missed a major home football game since 1986. My father before me had that streak from 1962 on. I have been a bulldog club member for the last 10 years sitting in the club seats. My dad bought season tickets every year he was alive. My father, sister, brother, and mother are state grads along with multiple more members of my family. Mrs. Devil is a proud bulldog as well and left the engineering school with honors. I am not trying to compare state legacies I am sure there are some on here that have deeper ties than with state than me, but I just wanted to provide context.

I say all that for context when I say State has gotten its pound of flesh out of me and my family. If I can get better seats for a better price I am going to do it even if some on here act like that makes you less of a fan or some other bs.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login